Unlimited Gain Experience
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Nqftw
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: nqftw
By Asura.Nqftw 2021-07-15 05:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently it is possible to send a hacked packet to the server to make the normally time-limited "Gain Experience" Record of Eminence objective available at all times. As a result, it is very possible to abuse this generate huge amounts of Sparks/Accolades in a short time.

Like my post here to get this fixed:
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58321-Unlimited-Gain-Experience-Record-of-Eminence?p=637042#post637042

Another way to fix is also by flooding the STF with similar report here:
https://support.na.square-enix.com/form.php?fo=17&id=20&la=1&p=0
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2021-07-15 05:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They provide a template so that they can copy pasta it directly to the devs, better rewrite your post if you want it to be treated swiftly (or at all depending on their current politic).
[+]
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2021-07-15 05:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-15 05:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess, everytime Nqftw gets bored of one of his cheat tools, or after his cheats leaks, or after he finds a new “toy”, he emerges out of nowhere and make an effort to bring down said cheat.

Controversial person at best.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-15 05:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Little bit irrelevant with the sparks cap, though maybe China uses it on low levels. I don't see why any player would be upset about this being patched, unless you were stupid enough to use it.

While we're at it, may as well throw in that you can flag daily/weekly/monthly ROE on days/months/weeks that they're not available.
By Draylo 2021-07-15 05:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes me wonder if it influenced their decision to nerf sparks, given that they couldn't tell where all the surplus Gil was coming from so quickly via sparks. Never fails another year that another exploit comes to light, just how many people tryna burn down a 20 year old game to get some dollars.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-15 05:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that mean you can reset them too?

Like infinite amount of orbs?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-15 05:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Does that mean you can reset them too?

Like infinite amount of orbs?

no, they still only reset on maintenance or after time elapsed, but more deeds
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-07-15 05:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This was reported in ejiins discord months ago. Nqftw likely slow on the uptake again and mad
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-15 06:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Makes me wonder if it influenced their decision to nerf sparks, given that they couldn't tell where all the surplus Gil was coming from so quickly via sparks. Never fails another year that another exploit comes to light, just how many people tryna burn down a 20 year old game to get some dollars.
The exploit this was around before sparks were nerfed and is likely why it was, I remember mentioning something in the nerf sparks topic when SE did it, and it really pissed some people off.
By Mattelot 2021-07-15 06:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
The exploit this was around before sparks were nerfed and is likely why it was, I remember mentioning something in the nerf sparks topic when SE did it, and it really pissed some people off.

Ah... I was about to say, I could see someone doing this then being like "I'm just really good at making money, bro!"
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-15 07:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna guess this was the real reason they put a cap on sparks and unity, so they probably won't fix it.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-07-15 09:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nqftw said: »
Currently it is possible to send a hacked packet to the server to make the normally time-limited "Gain Experience" Record of Eminence objective available at all times. As a result, it is very possible to abuse this generate huge amounts of Sparks/Accolades in a short time.

Like my post here to get this fixed:
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58315-Infinite-Gain-Experience-RoE?p=636996#post636996

Another way to fix is also by flooding the STF with similar report here:
https://support.na.square-enix.com/form.php?fo=17&id=20&la=1&p=0

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-15 09:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Unlimited packet based hacks, always another one, always

Whoever resets the timeline, tell me to learn coding instead of the *** I picked. So I can be an easy millionaire, please and thank you.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-15 09:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Whoever resets the timeline, tell me to learn coding instead of the *** I picked. So I can be an easy millionaire, please and thank you.

Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-07-15 10:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Fourteen Ninety Five!!! So expensive.
By Mattelot 2021-07-15 13:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Fourteen Ninety Five!!! So expensive.

That's $42.09 in 2021 dollars!
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-07-15 14:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Written by William Bernie sanders too!
How are you gonna code with mittens on??
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-07-15 16:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Written by William Bernie sanders too!
How are you gonna code with mittens on??

Where there's a will there's a way!
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-07-15 19:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-15 19:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They rejected the thread and put it under "insufficient information" you should probably follow their dumb template.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-15 20:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Its pretty obvious its "insufficient information" junk as this is a "controlled leak" as Comeatmebro mentioned above.

Its just the old RMT vs RMT stuff. Be my guest anyone that join this cause thinking they are doing a "favor" to FFXI. If its something actually relevant to playerbase, SE gonna handle it quickly, with or without reports.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2021-07-15 20:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey OP, you might as well make the ***public if you want it fixed. Only way S-E will give a ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-07-15 20:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Hey OP, you might as well make the ***public if you want it fixed. Only way S-E will give a ***.

It already is public; if you can read then its pretty obvious how to do. There is just preventative measure to keep players safe if you know where to look.
By Draylo 2021-07-15 21:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Big brain, so obvious. Why do people pretend there's some kind of clout for exploiting a 20 yr old game?
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-07-15 22:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like a bad idea to move that thread instead of deleting it, dontcha think? They can't moderate other communities, but in the one place they can, they leave it visible to inspire bad actors.
By Rips 2021-07-15 22:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, is it that time of the year again? And I made it to the first page.

Edit: LOL @ it actually being titled "Insufficient Information" and being moved there from SE.

SE: "Nothing to see here folks - this ***is Qanon BS."
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-07-15 22:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
Damn, is it that time of the year again? And I made it to the first page.

Edit: LOL @ it actually being titled "Insufficient Information" and being moved there from SE.

SE: "Nothing to see here folks - this ***is Qanon BS."

It's actually a really terrible post though. Doesn't explain how to do it(I feel like NQFtw HAS to know because it's so easy) or even show it exists. He wrote the post like it was some conspiracy theory.

It's also not really useful(except for the deeds, I guess.)

If someone wants to sacrifice a character and show a video of themselves setting all the timed RoE's I'm sure SE would take it seriously.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-16 07:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

so obvious

it's obvious because windower's flag roe addon used to have code specifically blacklisting those roes so it didn't try to flag them, you didn't even need to be able to code just take them off the blacklist

it just hasn't really mattered since sparks limit
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-16 07:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It kinda matters. If you can set gain-money 24/7 and rotate accounts you have unlimited spendable sparks.
First Page 2 3 4