KI are from last month
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-12 11:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I messaged him so that post wouldnt waste the first page but oh well. Ruined.

Just can't not

Blu's solo painfully slow for an E, 2 tanks Iroha and two whms, hope he changes that up.
[+]
By tyalangan 2021-07-12 17:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding tips here to consolidate:

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So two things you can try.

The songstress has regain and enthunder removes tp on the normal mobs. So you can try to melee the bard with enthunder it'll do zero damage bit if it eats the tp it's worth.

Or try mews or blu tp steals.

Don't know if any will work or not.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-07-12 18:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing ~5 min clears on D with PLD DD DD BRD GEO WHM with each DD SCing their own mobs. Ignore silencing the boss, just kill stuff. Not a VD strat, but it's simple D wins that don't require much thought.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-07-12 21:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Usual monthly video covering strategies and examples. Hope it helps some.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-07-12 22:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Doing ~5 min clears on D with PLD DD DD BRD GEO WHM with each DD SCing their own mobs. Ignore silencing the boss, just kill stuff. Not a VD strat, but it's simple D wins that don't require much thought.

In your opinion, what makes this not realistic on VD?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-12 22:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's brainless to do D

VD adds charm if not silenced and its just super grindy
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-07-12 22:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The only VD clear I've seen on youtube was a 15 minute win, also. It's probably faster to just do D unless a strat comes out that cuts that time down a bit.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-12 23:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51255/ambuscade-volume-1-august-2017/

VD Was legit harder than 2/3 of the master trials when it came out back then. Even D success rate was not guaranteed. Apparently, according to my posts in 2017, it took us 10+ attempts to figure out mechanics and a strategy to even beat D initially. (keep in mind the master trials were still hard as *** then since there was no 4 years of gear creep and job adjustments)

7min enter/exit VD win from 2017.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Technically a 5 man run with Mischief boxing Brigs.

Have not done any yet this month (and 100% won't lol)) but I honestly think even with 4 years of gear drama, I doubt 90% of the ffxi populace will be able to beat VD this month. Even if groups can, it's just not worth it.

We relied on white DMG from Empy MNK, WAR, NIN etc and Crocea RDM in 2019 (no skillchains or WS afaik other than getting aftermaths up) and it was a bit easier but way too *** hard for an ambuscade and still felt harder than master trials.

More gear creep since then, but tbh, i'm afk from ambuscade this month, not worth the time lol

Quote from 2017:

Quote:
ok after messing with it more we got D down to about 3min kill time RUN BLU WHM BRD GEO SAM and use MMM resets, COR mule resets, or SPs every 45mins to beat VD. Haven't tried with Shock Squall yet though to see if we can do it without SPs. F this month still though~

Edit: we're messing around with CFH to see if it affects whether the respawning mobs maintain their levels at the point they died, or not (start back at their base levels). Not sure if it's helping, will test this out more~

CDC-->Kasha--->Savage--->Fudo, they usually die to the BLU's Savage, and if 4 step happens it kills them even through their Regen when aura is up, even on VD

Coordinated Multistep SCs and keeping songstress silenced, or White Damage along with dealing with hate resets and mitigating stun drama is the basic strategy for higher tiers this month.

-More edits
[+]
By macsdf1 2021-07-13 00:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

well how about posting a good strat to use for d and vd
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-07-13 04:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

For D you don't really need a tank, I have been running SAM, WAR, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM - you can SC if you want but for some reason light can either hit 99k or 0, so another great part to this month, luckily savage to fudo is a good distortion setup which always seems to hit hard. The key to this strat is having a decent Bard who can ensure the mobs are slept for the full duration you are fighting, pull back to the start with all the mobs ensure you are lullaby II with NITRO up and then pull flowspears back to the boss. Have your GEO stun the mob once everyone has the tp to ws and pray that everyone gets tp back in time to kill it before the wyvern to spawn for quicker kill times, there is no need for fury these things take a lot of damage anyways if you want to play it safer. Even if you kill both flowspears really quickly just wait for them to respawn, this month is a little bit about patience too.

For VD the best I have done so far this month is 5 adds before charm ruins it, to do VD you probably have to silence the main boss which in turn means you can't do WS's or the mobs level up every time you do one meaning you have to do white damage until you can comfortable ensure you kill it, unless there is some hidden mechanic no one has managed to find out yet, this month was and still is massively over tuned and doing D and getting your 80k for the majority of decent gil items is all you should do and call it a day.

Months like this and Moogle are why we save these:

By Shichishito 2021-07-13 05:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i know this sounds preposterous but can BLU land silence and sleeps/breakga reliably? does it need to be light based sleep or does dark based work, too?
also if you can't WS wouldn't that favor a job that can do other things with TP like DNC and crit heavy builds (reset TP for Tauret?)? can multiple DNC who don't WS keep the party alive, maybe even replace the WHM with another DNC for more dps?
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-07-13 05:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong VD is doable, and there are probably lots of setups you are going to get that will work, but each fight is going to be about 15 minutes long, you can do D with the above stat I do in about 5-6 minutes, at that point you have to question the efficiency of doing VD vs D, maybe if you seal and you can guarantee that you don't wipe then sure, but this month has hate resets, mobs hitting for 1.5k and all sorts, so resorting to D for month and sealing the ***out of it to get it done just seems to be the best until some super secret hidden strat no one knows about is found out.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-07-13 08:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Don't get me wrong VD is doable, and there are probably lots of setups you are going to get that will work, but each fight is going to be about 15 minutes long, you can do D with the above stat I do in about 5-6 minutes, at that point you have to question the efficiency of doing VD vs D, maybe if you seal and you can guarantee that you don't wipe then sure, but this month has hate resets, mobs hitting for 1.5k and all sorts, so resorting to D for month and sealing the ***out of it to get it done just seems to be the best until some super secret hidden strat no one knows about is found out.

with the amount of power creep since last time this is up, I imagine VD would be alot faster than it was before.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-13 08:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing with VD is you can't ws, so there really wasn't/isn't much power creep. Can't savage blade zerg it, so it's clearly impossible to do.

If you could ws, then it'd be flattened in 2 minutes. They level up and become unkillable, plus counters, and you can't hurt the boss, you have to kill the minis, and respawn the minis, and keep rekilling the respawns.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-07-13 09:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Why can't you use weaponskills?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-13 09:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They level up and become unkillable.

Not literally, Just slower and annoying etc
 Bahamut.Wizardstick
user: Sieve
By Bahamut.Wizardstick 2021-07-13 09:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
with the amount of power creep since last time this is up, I imagine VD would be alot faster than it was before.

How can you be sure they haven't tweaked the mobs to be stronger since then to account for the power creep?
By Nariont 2021-07-13 10:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They havent so far, be odd to start now without announcing such
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-13 10:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing with VD is you can't ws, so there really wasn't/isn't much power creep. Can't savage blade zerg it, so it's clearly impossible to do.

If you could ws, then it'd be flattened in 2 minutes. They level up and become unkillable, plus counters, and you can't hurt the boss, you have to kill the minis, and respawn the minis, and keep rekilling the respawns.
All our new PDL is pretty good power creep for normal hits.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-13 12:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes a nonzero amount. IE: "Not much"

But it's multiple pieces and they add up to a shitload! Saved you a post.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-13 12:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I disgree that pretty good = not much, but whatever floats your boat.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-13 15:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
well how about posting a good strat to use for d and vd

There's a video right above you're post....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shupyrg
Server: Ragnarok
user: Shupyrg
By Ragnarok.Shupyrg 2021-07-14 06:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odly the sahagins located in Mamook don't count for the KI. I wonder if they would count as Mamool since their names are "Mamool Ja Frogman" and "Mamool Ja Diver".
By joemamma 2021-07-14 12:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
For D you don't really need a tank, I have been running SAM, WAR, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM - you can SC if you want but for some reason light can either hit 99k or 0, so another great part to this month, luckily savage to fudo is a good distortion setup which always seems to hit hard. The key to this strat is having a decent Bard who can ensure the mobs are slept for the full duration you are fighting, pull back to the start with all the mobs ensure you are lullaby II with NITRO up and then pull flowspears back to the boss. Have your GEO stun the mob once everyone has the tp to ws and pray that everyone gets tp back in time to kill it before the wyvern to spawn for quicker kill times, there is no need for fury these things take a lot of damage anyways if you want to play it safer. Even if you kill both flowspears really quickly just wait for them to respawn, this month is a little bit about patience too.

For VD the best I have done so far this month is 5 adds before charm ruins it, to do VD you probably have to silence the main boss which in turn means you can't do WS's or the mobs level up every time you do one meaning you have to do white damage until you can comfortable ensure you kill it, unless there is some hidden mechanic no one has managed to find out yet, this month was and still is massively over tuned and doing D and getting your 80k for the majority of decent gil items is all you should do and call it a day.

Months like this and Moogle are why we save these:

You sure you don't want to do this ambu on VD 56 times ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-15 10:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't attempted VD this month (or ambu at all), but what is the reasoning behind why VD is so challenging? I remembered doing D previously, but I don't understand the mechanic that is preventing people from attempting VD. Is it charm?

Someone messaged me a while ago about an "easy" strategy to clear this using enthunder or something, but I can't recall what it was.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2021-07-15 10:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that its impossible the Time vs. Reward is just much much better spamming D in 4-5 mins
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-15 13:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The gear check and setup greatly differs from D-VD, because VD heavily encourages you to silence the BRD. If you don't, then you need some exceptional buffs and multi-steps (preferably from a SAM) to bypass the level ups.

Doing it the silence way means you need Enthunder and high enough damage from it to negate mobs TP. You preferably want a Crocea RDM and SCH (AoE Enthunder), along with an Empyrean DD like a WAR with Ukon. WAR and BRD WS the manta during Mighty Strikes (it wont level up during, but will other times) to activate AM, so the next mob you can melee it down and avoid any TP moves or leveling up.

Even with a coordinated, well-equipped group, this takes a while, but is safer. This means you have three options, either 1) risk blasting through level-ups with a SAM multi-stepping, 2) do it the long, safe method with silence and Enthunder, or 3) Do it on D in a fraction of the time with a simple strategy.

The only thing you really need on D is to kill DRGs over and over. If you feel confident with healing, you can speed it up by doing the MNKs too. However, I have found that solo skillchaining DRGs with different DD doesn't always work. You want the tank to be building hate on the add you are fighting, and they can't do this if you're fighting two.

I've had better success coordinating a multi step with another DD. You both get stronger WS, and you're only fighting one at a time, which makes the fight easier on the support. It's also nice if a GEO has enough magic accuracy to slow and paralyze the targets, but it needs to be a good set. Either way, there is no simple trick to this, you aren't magically spamming VD in under 5 minutes like last month. At the end of the day, points is points, there's no shame in doing Difficult, Normal, or even Easy mode to get them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4