How to Make Equipment Sets From Scratch
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-07-30 16:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I understand how it could cause confusion. I don't play BRD or GEO, so if you guys can sum it up as simply as possible in as fewer words I'll add it to the post, lol. Otherwise I'll sort it out at some point, probably Sunday.
Quote:
How do we cap Magic Haste? There are few ways. I think it’s important to know what counts as capped Magic Haste, because it plays a part in some jobs.

Using Trusts Koru-Moru & Ulmia caps, because Haste II (307), Advancing March (108) and Victory March (155) equals 570/1024, which is more than enough.

A real BRD using Honor March, or a combination of other March + Haste spell.

Haste II + Geo-Haste. Haste II & Mighty Guard might cap too, but is currently unconfirmed. Garuda’s Hastega II is believed to be the same as RDM’s Haste II.

My take on it below, feel free to edit it and remove stuff, I added Erratic Flutter. And you were using both % and -/1024 value, but I just did the %.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-30 18:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Wotasu! I put your text in there, edited it slightly and give you credit. Knowledge is power, so it's good for players to understand how haste works, because it's one of the most crucial parts of playing FFXI well.
 Asura.Shystie
user: Shystie
By Asura.Shystie 2021-08-01 10:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question from reading this thread.

Why is is that some pictures I click expand the entire picture and some zoom in cutting off one-third of the image?

I clicked on Wotasu's charts to read the data and it zooms in on the left two-thirds of the picture. I cannot scroll right to read the data that is cutoff.

Yes, I can zoom my browser to 200% to read it but I should not need to do this.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-01 10:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shystie said: »
Random question from reading this thread.

Why is is that some pictures I click expand the entire picture and some zoom in cutting off one-third of the image?

I clicked on Wotasu's charts to read the data and it zooms in on the left two-thirds of the picture. I cannot scroll right to read the data that is cutoff.

Yes, I can zoom my browser to 200% to read it but I should not need to do this.
Limititation of the forum code maybe. Right click and open in a new page.
[+]
 Asura.Shystie
user: Shystie
By Asura.Shystie 2021-08-01 10:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Limititation of the forum code maybe. Right click and open in a new page.

Thanks! Not sure why I didn't think of that.

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled forum topic.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-08-03 09:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I continue the guide later today, I would like to draw attention to a command some players might not know, but can have its uses. Many players understand that /equip slot "Equipment +1" is used to equip anything we like. In more recent times, we can bring in full sets by using the command /equipset ##, so long as a set has been made.

What many might not know is that you can use /equip to unequip any slot you like. /equip ammo would unequip your current bullet. /equip main unequips your main weapon, while /equip sub would unequip your sub weapon, grip or shield. When we look at rings, you have to specify which one by typing /equip ring1, or /equip ring2. This also works if you were to write it /equip "ammo".

If you wanted to unequip all your gear at the same time, you could make a /equipset with all red "X" marks. It would be useful if you are building new sets for a job and don't want to manually unequip each time, or if you're out in the field and want to be KO'd quicker so you can blood warp.

Command/equip

Another useful command which some might not know, is the ability to dismiss all your current trusts at the same time. Simply type /retr all, and it will unsummon every trust you have.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-08-08 23:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the guide with most Enhancing Magic spells, along with a couple of others to explain how they differ to their counterparts.

I noticed that some images worked in most browsers, but not Google Chrome, so I replaced them with other images to be sure they were showing up everywhere. Next up is Enfeebling Magic.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-08-09 12:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Enhancing Regen & Refresh differs between jobs, but it's mostly about increasing duration. Both spells last longer if casted in equipment with Enhancing Magic Duration, and there is also the stat "Regen Effect Duration" which does not conflict with anything. The Telchine set from Adoulin content is a great starter because it can be augmented with a maximum of 10 seconds of Enhancing Duration per piece with Skirmish stones.

The augments on Telchine gear are a % increase, not seconds. So Enhancing Magic Duration +10 on Telchine gear is a 10% increase multiplicative with each additional piece you have.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-08-09 15:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
Enhancing Regen & Refresh differs between jobs, but it's mostly about increasing duration. Both spells last longer if casted in equipment with Enhancing Magic Duration, and there is also the stat "Regen Effect Duration" which does not conflict with anything. The Telchine set from Adoulin content is a great starter because it can be augmented with a maximum of 10 seconds of Enhancing Duration per piece with Skirmish stones.

The augments on Telchine gear are a % increase, not seconds. So Enhancing Magic Duration +10 on Telchine gear is a 10% increase multiplicative with each additional piece you have.

Thanks! I'll change this now.
By kinkanat 2021-08-10 04:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much for all the information, I have been playing the game for many years but thanks to you we have discovered some details that my friends and I didn't know.

I wish more games had more players like you who provided such good information about their game.

Thank you so much for the effort :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-08-10 09:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

kinkanat said: »
Thank you very much for all the information, I have been playing the game for many years but thanks to you we have discovered some details that my friends and I didn't know.

I wish more games had more players like you who provided such good information about their game.

Thank you so much for the effort :D

Back in 2005, I met a guy who changed my life on Final Fantasy XI. He was my mentor, and he remains the least selfish player I ever met. My linkshell looked up to him, all he ever did was help others. He taught them not only how to play, but how to be, and I have carried this with me through the years, even when I started event linkshells. For me, it's not about the rewards, it's about being there for others, making sure they get the chance to enjoy the game without pressure. We learn more from our mistakes than anything else. I have given chances to players that others might not, and I am always trying to help them improve.

This is where the guide comes from, it's like what I would pass on to them, if given time to go through every detail. I'll continue to do so, not just for those I know, but for the community, because anyone who still plays FFXI has something in common. We love Vana'Diel for a reason, and I think a big part of that is other players like ourselves. I may not always get it right, as evidenced by some of the mistakes I made in the guide, but we can all learn together. Thanks for the compliment, have fun!

PS: Added Cursna to the healing section, which is something I overlooked.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-08-10 14:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The beginning of the enfeebling section is up, but feel free to correct anything which needs it. I'll get on to the rest of it another day.
By botches 2021-08-18 03:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,
While building a set for a Dual Wield job, you need to 1) Cap Haste
hello, i have questions :
Which haste ? equipment/gear or magic ?
If i need 6 DW, but can only aim for 5 or 7, which is better ?
Because too much is bad.
I could aim for 7, but i sacrifice double attack +7% (DA+7)
So which one is better : DW+5 and DA+7 or DW+7 ?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-08-24 00:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

botches said: »
Hello,
While building a set for a Dual Wield job, you need to 1) Cap Haste
hello, i have questions :
Which haste ? equipment/gear or magic ?
If i need 6 DW, but can only aim for 5 or 7, which is better ?
Because too much is bad.
I could aim for 7, but i sacrifice double attack +7% (DA+7)
So which one is better : DW+5 and DA+7 or DW+7 ?

Hello Botches, sorry, I have been away from the site for a while.

When I'm talking about capping haste, I mean equipment haste. The rest of your party will figure out how to cap magic haste.

DW+5 & DA+7 vs. DW+7 -- That's a tough choice, because if you need dual wield 6, you would be losing out by one if you go with the first option, but you gain 7 DA.

I'd go with DW+5 and DA+7, because while you are slightly under what you need to cap delay, it's Double Attack +7 vs. 1 Dual Wield. I think it's fair to say the Double Attack is better, but in future, I would try to find the last bit of Dual Wield without losing the Double Attack. I'd think differently if it was only DA+3 vs. DW+1. I hope that helps.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-09-24 15:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies. I overlooked the fact that Ranger can get Snapshot +10 from a Merit Point category, so I've edited the Snapshot section. Also, I have not forgotten about the guide, I am planning on adding to it soon.
[+]