How Soon Can I Solo Kirin?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How Soon Can I Solo Kirin?
How Soon Can I Solo Kirin?
By orionx3 2021-06-29 08:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone,
Just started a new quest to see how soon into a brand new character I can solo Kirin.
Why Kirin? Cause it is fun and I'm sentimental. So I started back up with a new mule. No help from my main account, no items or gil sent. Just my knowledge of the game.

I've been away from retail for a couple years but was looking for an excuse to get back into it and also looking to add content to my youtube channel: AndyPlaysGames

Check out my videos!

(Sorry if this isn't allowed here)
https://youtu.be/58vFSEF1YtQ
By Shichishito 2021-06-29 09:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

might be possible "earlier" with abyssea/voidwatch equipment, not sure. i guess the fastest is to get to lvl 99 and pick up a set of sparks or bayld armor, with ilvl gear and maybe a healer trust like kupipi it's probably going to be smooth sailing.
By orionx3 2021-06-29 09:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm planning to just grab the i117 sparks gear. And I have chosen Apururu for my unity trust so that and other trust should be plenty I would think.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-29 10:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's likely be possible in the mid-80s with a job like RDM or NIN with a good set of trusts and Abyssea equipment.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-06-29 12:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're looking to solo Kirin with trusts before 99 and item level, start with the other gods and practice handling their mechanics since you'll most likely end up having to deal with them when Kirin summons them as adds (one every 3-4 minutes).

Astral Flow can be squirrelly too, so that's something else to watch out for.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-06-29 14:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

BST should be able to solo it in the 80s, maybe high 70s now with Trusts. Definitely by 90 because you could do it back in Abyssea days. Dipper Yuly was cool like that.

Hope you like Abyssea for gearing up.