Are Shouts Ever Gonna Be Fixed?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Are shouts ever gonna be fixed?
Are shouts ever gonna be fixed?
First Page 2
By Meeeeeep 2021-06-20 19:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously.
 Asura.Jdove
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-06-20 19:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Think most people just use the yell filter addon, its in the block those stars topic if you are interested. It lets you add custom filters to block the ruthless yell bots.
By Meeeeeep 2021-06-20 19:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
Think most people just use the yell filter addon, its in the block those stars topic if you are interested. It lets you add custom filters to block the ruthless yell bots.

I meant for the FFXIAH latest shouts thing on the main page.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-20 19:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently it's unfixable. Been brought up a few times.

Or at least, the way shouts come through is something square changed and no one can make the needed adjustments.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-20 20:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes it works out to be better than normal shout capture. Also, how's the bum feeling today?

Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-06-21 22:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure theres a way to code it so someone cant have two shouts in a row. Does that mean some potential legit shouts will get missed if someones shouting back to back? Yes...but its better than 10 other shouts getting bumped out of the latest shouts.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-21 22:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You would think, but it's been just short of a year now.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-06-22 02:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kind of like FFXI fixing the network cap, they can fix it but they just don't think it's worth the time required I guess.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-06-22 05:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

None of the screenshots get approved either, just one of those things where we are using a site where the original owners/caretakers have lost the fire. Sadly as the game ages and loses more in population, these will become common. They have a lot of weight on their shoulders, people should appreciate what they do for the community. I honestly think they should get paid for it via donations or something, I remember BG used to run those for years like once a year. Would rather donate during a donation drive to keep the site running and have mods/dev that actually care about it more often due to motivation like money.

Let's get Ninja to come donate too
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-22 08:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What amazes me is that this FFXI site is still up and accurate. All I have to do is google "Pyogenes FFXI timer" and the first result is always there to let me know the moon phases.

https://www.pyogenes.com/ffxi/timer/v2.html

"Kisana" has probably had over 15 birthdays since I've been using that site. Heck, is Sylph even an active server anymore?

Edit: After checking, Sylph is still an active server. I wouldn't have bet money on it if it had been a game show question. No offense intended to any Sylph players.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-06-22 08:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

its not unfixable, possible the person who made it left.

problem with projects like this are the people who end up in charge of them don't give 2 *** about the game so it's hard to keep a "passion project" like this going. no offense rooks, we've all definitely been there. talking to usagi/others that've had some of the reins at GW though this is clearly the case. it's likely a 2 second fix
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-22 08:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
There was a chat packet change. The Windower team pushed out a fix, but some people haven't updated yet and are running the GW client. Shouts are crowdsourced, so until those people update, we're going to see this.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2021-06-22 12:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't end there unfortunately, item updates only just got updated and the previous was back in February. So no one could create item sets with Nyame. Before that it was some four months and other recent items. Can't share ideas easily and encourage use of the site when you can't reference gear.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [143 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-12 18:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. And as if by magic, shouts appearing again.

Didn't even notice.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-11-12 18:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Oh. And as if by magic, shouts appearing again.

Didn't even notice.
Only a few servers atm have shout data because only a few of us are testing a new build to make sure it's stable hence why I didn't announce it yet.

Also the one to thank is Scragg, he's the one working on it since their server cert expired and he needed to do that update anyway he started working on the rest of it.

Edit: Please don't DM me on here or on discord for access to test the new exe. I will not give it to you, hopefully later tonight, tomorrow night since I first posted this, it will go live even though not everything works, our plan is a rolling release since the 2 major things seemed fixed bazaar data and shouts.
[+]
By ksoze 2021-11-12 18:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurray
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-12 18:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to be updated on what price Vvaaxxoonmlddd is selling Clears/Exp for... over and over and over. (Asura problems; I know).

or what some random player shouts last before servers are shut down each time... over and over and over.

(but for reals, thanks for your efforts. Better reading during down time than reading a shampoo bottle while I poop like it was before smart phones existed).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-12 19:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooooh baby

Good things a'comin
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-13 03:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

its fixed
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-11-13 03:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Big Thanks to the Team & foremost Scragg that fixed this c.c!
By Beau 2021-11-13 03:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

THANK YOU
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-11-13 04:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Scragg, Chiaia and everyone else that got these things working again.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-11-13 05:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Heading to bed if I DC shout data on Asura will stop don't take it as it is broken again. NN
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-13 07:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Please don't DM me on here or on discord for access to test the new exe. I will not give it to you
Ha, for once it wasn't me being impatient and asking for things!
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-11-13 08:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw Scragg last week on Cerberus with his nostalgic 75 era Apoc DRK. He's on the case guys, and I thanked him for all the hard work over the years. We wouldn't have what we do without him, Rooks and everyone else who contributes to the site and plugins.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-11-13 11:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Please don't DM me on here or on discord for access to test the new exe. I will not give it to you
Ha, for once it wasn't me being impatient and asking for things!

That was totally me trying to help out. idk if any others.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-11-13 17:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Saw Scragg last week on Cerberus with his nostalgic 75 era Apoc DRK. He's on the case guys, and I thanked him for all the hard work over the years. We wouldn't have what we do without him, Rooks and everyone else who contributes to the site and plugins.

Did he still have the Excellence pearl on?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-11-14 14:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Did he still have the Excellence pearl on?

Yeah I think so, I didn't examine him though.
By RadialArcana 2021-11-15 12:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Are bazaars going to be fixed or is that a lot of extra work? Not saying they have to be or ungrateful of the shout box being fixed. Just asking if it's being worked on or maybe in the future.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-11-15 14:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh I was wondering why I never saw shouts on Lakshmi anymore on this site..just thought everyone has been quiet lol >.>

And yeh having bazaars back would be super helpful :D thanks for your dedication and work!
First Page 2