Forum » FFXI » Valefor » Fiat Lux / Splitting Heirs
Fiat Lux / Splitting Heirs
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-04-14 17:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With Campaign Fiesta currently active, I'm working on taking over the Northlands for the Allied Nations. The quickest way to do that is to kill the campaign beastmen outside of campaign battles, rapidly increasing influence and preventing the allied NPCs from getting overrun when the battles are active.

I've managed to get Castle Zvahl Keep (S) to 65%, Castle Zvahl Baileys (S) to 100%, and Beaucedine (S) to 90% since yesterday. Bastok currently holds Xarcabard (S), but the beastmen have basically overrun it. The goal is to cap Allied influence in Keep (S) and Beaucedine (S) today, then focus on Xarcabard (S) until tally, topping off the other three zones as needed.

Right now, it's just my two characters bouncing between zones. If anyone else wanted to also camp Xarcabard (S), that'd be a huge help in unlocking Fiat Lux by next campaign tally this Sunday. While I'm San d'Orian, players signed up with Windurst or Bastok can still take part in Fiat Lux provided they have a Medal of Altana §§§§ and their nation controls at least 4 outdoor zones.

I also managed to get La Vaule (S) from 0% to 25% in a single murder spree, but unlocking Splitting Heirs is a secondary objective at this point (although it does have a chance to drop Heavy Metal Plates and Riftcinders during the campaign).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-04-14 20:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
While I'm San d'Orian, players signed up with Windurst or Bastok can still take part in Fiat Lux provided they have a Medal of Altana §§§§ and their nation controls at least 4 outdoor zones.
Even more than that, you can get different campaign op clears of fiat lux for each nation:

So for the completionists among you, complete it, swap nations, gain back two ranks, repeat
By Matic 2021-04-20 10:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i've sort of been looking for a good excuse to do campaign (which, while flawed, is imo some of the most engaging content in the game from an immersion/dynamic world perspective) so i'm down to fight the good fight for the Adders later this week, provided i can actually find some free time before sunday
 Valefor.Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-05-02 09:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A day late and a dollar short since the campaign ended, but I managed to (presumably) take over the Northlands for San d'Oria after waiting for Xarcabard to fall back into beastmen hands. It's a few minutes before reset and all 4 zones are maxed at 100% Allied influence with the beastmen having little to no influence, so we'll see how this nets out.

I'm currently camped out in La Vaule, which I've managed to shift to 85% Allied and 50% beastmen in the last 30 minutes. That should give San d'Oria 11 zones and access to both fights for those who need clears or want to farm.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-05-02 10:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Orc armies showed up twice in the last 5 minutes and helped push Alliance influence in La Vaule to 95%. Thanks, orcs, you're the real MVP.
 Asura.Diluted
Server: Asura
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2021-05-02 10:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fiat Lux is now available on Asura for anyone interested in getting the Nocturnus armor or Nightfall great sword for lockstyle
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-05-02 13:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diluted said: »
Fiat Lux is now available on Asura for anyone interested in getting the Nocturnus armor or Nightfall great sword for lockstyle

Nice! One of the few times I wish I was on Asura, completionist in me still needs Noct Helm and doubt it will be available on Phoenix again.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-05-02 15:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't take much to unlock it, just consistently killing the beastmen campaign mobs whenever they're in one of the four Northlands areas.

This is easiest to do outside of campaign fights as mentioned in the OP. Get hate on one mob, then drag it by all the others to get a nice big train and AOE it down. With the exception of the dark elementals, most of the mobs are squishy versus physical AOE WSs such as Fell Cleave, Spinning Attack, Sonic Thrust, etc. Some of the magical AOE WS seem to do good damage too, but AOE magic in general doesn't seem very effective. I've tried cleaving on BLU and the damage output is 25-30% of what I do in Escha zones.

I also make sure to kill the boss in the first pull so that it doesn't survive to retreat. I've never tested to see if this affects the amount of influence gained, but it's definitely cathartic.

I have two characters, so I camped one in the Baileys on Friday while the other bounced between Beaucedine, Xarcabard, and the Keep. Once I got the Baileys to near 100% influence, I moved her to the Keep on Saturday and kept the other three topped off. If there's only one of you working on it, it's probably best to assume one day per zone and start on Wednesday in the Keep or Baileys, moving to the other Zvahl zone and then the open areas once each are near 100% influence. After that, just check on the zones occasionally to keep them topped off.

It might sound like a lot of work, but most of it is AFK waiting for the mobs to spawn.
[+]
 Asura.Diluted
Server: Asura
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2021-05-02 16:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I did a bit of campaign everyday while ranking up my medal and mainly focused on the northlands last week. Killing mobs defending a stronghold gives a huge boost in influence over the zone, and I just went to every battle that popped.
By Draylo 2021-05-02 21:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your efforts! I been waiting
[+]