Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » guildwork help
guildwork help
By Jetackuu 2021-12-08 00:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Trajan said: »
XIAH needs to rewrite the backend so it doesn't attempt to poll the old Linkshell Community pages. If it was getting data from GW, it would push from our profiles, but for some reason, they just simply have never done this, many, many years after Linkshell Community was taken offline.

The reason is a ratio of time/effort/reward and the output just has been too low. Rooks' and Scragg are very aware and unfortunately are also very busy.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-08 01:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Guildwork thread bumped? Activate CaramellDansen protocol!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-08 05:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, any bump is a good bump

hashtagjusticeforavestitles
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-08 05:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Plot twist! Lakshmi.Avereith topic-banned from all Guildwork and Mastery Rank topics.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-08 05:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Plot twist! Lakshmi.Avereith topic-banned from all Guildwork and Mastery Rank topics.
At this point I'd welcome it, ***is getting annoying.

It's the holiday season in the US and Scragg hasn't been around since Thanksgiving weekend and I have 0 plans to ping him till after Christmas(unless he starts talking again). He's been pinged twice, by others, since and I just assume he is busy like most families are during this time.

I am keeping a list going of things I've noticed and what others that can only partly update/flush. To give him though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-08 08:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-08 08:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Trajan
Server: Odin
user: Pertinax
By Odin.Trajan 2021-12-08 12:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Trajan said: »
XIAH needs to rewrite the backend so it doesn't attempt to poll the old Linkshell Community pages. If it was getting data from GW, it would push from our profiles, but for some reason, they just simply have never done this, many, many years after Linkshell Community was taken offline.

The reason is a ratio of time/effort/reward and the output just has been too low. Rooks' and Scragg are very aware and unfortunately are also very busy.

While this is a fair point, I have a question (genuinely speaking, as I've only recently come back seriously). Have they put out a call for help/interest? Because I'm interested in helping. Like... I actually posted on the forum after *years* using this site with a registered account.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-08 12:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Multiple people have offered to "help." The answer is basically that these aren't open source solutions and the owners aren't really willing to make them so.

Also, there are like 10 of these threads floating around and when one gets bumped, it seems like 5 or 6 others get bumped at the same time. Honestly, it would be nice if all but 1 of the guildwork is broken threads were locked, but realistically, it would just mean that 10 more would get started from scratch.
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-08 17:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So just a quick update from yesterday, my 2 mule characters are now accessible on my FFXIAH account. I guess it just takes a day for that to link up. Also one of my 2 main chars now has the job points updated to what it's currently at in game.

But everything else is still broken on my end, the REMA weapons, master stars, and recent job level increases, along with recent job points on the other char. These do however show as fully up to date on the GW site. At least some steady progress seems to be happening.

Ninja Edit: REMA Weapons just showed up in the last hour or so. Lol it's amazing stuff is actually happening! Everything else listed is still broken. :P
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-08 17:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You know the easiest way to stop the same thread from popping up repeatedly and often?

By fixing the thing. Just sayin. You no fix. They no stop. Easiest thing to understand. Being a nuisance is the only tool available.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-08 19:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no fix for mastery rank info and they're doing the same thing to that thread too. bump many times a day then delete post so 2/9 threads permanently stay on front page.

Then you check it and nope same crap from hours ago.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-08 19:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

???

No one deletes any posts in the mastery rank topic

I'm sorry that some of us are interested in more than "pics that make you lol" or "how to do the most dps ever for any job check my spreadsheet omg"
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-12-08 19:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll get other threads in a few days when "y dn't i hv wardrobe 3/4?" begins, which will in turn bump more Guildoesn'twork threads when the people who show up twice a year are like "where my AH peepee points?"
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-12-08 20:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Multiple people have offered to "help." The answer is basically that these aren't open source solutions and the owners aren't really willing to make them so.

Also, there are like 10 of these threads floating around and when one gets bumped, it seems like 5 or 6 others get bumped at the same time. Honestly, it would be nice if all but 1 of the guildwork is broken threads were locked, but realistically, it would just mean that 10 more would get started from scratch.

Basically it's not up to the public to decide, and yeah, they should lock them all and make 1, and delete any others that pop up. If only girlboy were awake.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-08 20:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-08 21:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've said write it into windower and cut guildwork out at least a dozen times

Everything just moves like snails ***

Instead of lamenting your inability to access guildwork and the fact that literally no one that can, does, give a ***, change it.
By Jetackuu 2021-12-08 21:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean considering it's factually false, not at all. Don't feed the troll, memelord.
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-12-08 22:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only get my character to sync with a date of 12/31/1969 and it syncs to Unicorn on FFXIAH because Windower's GW plugin doesn't identify the server. I guess I'm just not lucky :/
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-12-09 00:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
I can only get my character to sync with a date of 12/31/1969 and it syncs to Unicorn on FFXIAH because Windower's GW plugin doesn't identify the server. I guess I'm just not lucky :/

1969 huh >.> That sucks ; ;

Mine won't update my gear haha I've been in the same gear since 2016 XD
By Tanag 2021-12-09 00:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I've said write it into windower and cut guildwork out at least a dozen times

Everything just moves like snails ***

Instead of lamenting your inability to access guildwork and the fact that literally no one that can, does, give a ***, change it.

Easier said than done.

Replicating the Guildwork plugin from a coding perspective is pretty trivial. A few days work for a dedicated and competent developer. Maybe more given FFXIAH seems to pull independently from the Guildwork site.

The issue is adoption. You'd need to get Scragg/Rooks on board. Both are very hard to reach people who are busy with other, more important, things. They need to verify the code, ensure there are no errors, etc. And then implement the new functions/API/database tables. This could be made easier if the dev was familiar with how Guildwork sends data and could adapt to that, but thats not public and without a proof of concept not something any random dev would be given access to. This is all not a massive job, but not small either and relies on 2 very busy people who also lack much interest.

Then you need to get community adoption. Distribute the plugin to thousands of players and convince them this will replace Guidlwork and won't be abandoned out of nowhere.

It's a tough sell all around.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-09 08:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing worth doing is ever easy, it doesn't have to connect to AH and everyone with windower will have the plugin.

not to be that guy but as the problem is AH, the solution is "not AH" just like the problem is guildwork so the answer is "not guildwork"
By Typongtive 2021-12-09 08:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you need to get community adoption. Distribute the plugin to thousands of players and convince them this will replace Guidlwork and won't be abandoned out of nowhere.

This ^^^^^ so much
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-09 08:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 101% fine with gw being dead and not being replaced. I just don't want it in Limbo
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-12-09 13:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone just wanted to give you all an update, we should have Guildwork fully fixed and operational by today. Thanks for all your patience
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-11 23:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Heya all, I just wanted to report on some great news. Nearly everything seems to be fixed now for the profile updating on FFXIAH from GW! The gear sets, REMA weapons, master stars, merit and job points for my 2 main chars are fully up to date from the in game data on both sites. The only thing that for some reason still seems to not be updating is regular job levels.

3 of my 4 chars have some job levels that are from months back that are outdated still. Oddly the job levels aren't up to date on GW either. That is the really strange part cause all of the other data on all my chars is up to date now on both sites, and I just did a flush on all 4 of them today. I'm not sure if something is broke on the GW side of things with the regular job levels, but I just wanted to bring attention to it in case that might of been over looked.

Either way I wanted to give a big thank you to Scragg, Rooks, and everyone else who has contributed to fixing both GW and FFXIAH with all the data updates. Ya'll are awesome, keep up the good work! =D

Side Note Edit: Are Assaults updated through Guildwork? I see that Atma and Abyssite are but wasn't sure about Assaults since it's totally blank for me with no way to manually enter anything. I noticed others on here having them fully listed, and my main char has them all cleared in game. So I was just wondering if that might be another thing that's not working in GW or a different type of problem.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-11 23:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
we should have Guildwork fully fixed and operational by today.

[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-12 05:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

As I thought Scragg messaged us yesterday and will not be around till after Christmas, maybe the New Year. He is busy with holiday stuff.

Also Lakshmi.Watusa isn't helping with any testing/dev work and should be taken with less then a grain of salt on information.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-12-12 12:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, just a quick update for you all.

After much consideration we've decided to abandon this project completely. Sorry about the delay, we wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2021-12-12 12:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

*** wats lol

your troll skills need work.
[+]