RIP PS3, PSP, & Vita Digital Store/games.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » RIP PS3, PSP, & Vita digital store/games.
RIP PS3, PSP, & Vita digital store/games.
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-24 15:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.polygon.com/22345099/ps3-ps-vita-psp-playstation-store-shutting-down-closes

"A report published Monday said the PlayStation Store for Sony’s PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and the PlayStation Portable will close for good in July and August, making digital copies of games for those platforms unavailable for purchase from then on."

SquareEnix, if anything, is brilliant at releasing their old games on new consoles with ports/remasters/remakes, but if you want to get your digital version of Final Fantasy VII for your PSP... now would be the time to archive it for future use.

FINAL FANTASY® VII (PSOne Classic) Purchase this PS one® Classic and play it on both your PS3™ and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems!
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-NPUJ94163_00-0000000000000001?scope=sceapp&psappver=18.02.0&smcid=psapp%3Alink%20menu%3Astore

I just thought that I would share this here since not everyone keeps up with gaming news and a digital storefront for games shutting down is something that could slip under anyone's radar. Some people might want to dust off their old systems and put a SquareEnix (or any other company) game on their old drive/memcard since they will be going away.

I mean... emulation exists, but what do I look like? A pirate?

[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-03-24 15:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-24 16:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-03-24 16:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Really dumb if true. It can't take much to keep these stores running. It's not like they are actively adding new things to it.

It makes sense that they are axing the movie part of the store though.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-03-24 16:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

they hadn't updated a lot of that stuff in forever. just need to make sure bof3, fft, and castlevania sotn are downloaded to the pstv. all the other stuff can be got in other places.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2021-03-24 17:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just dont get why there was no port for FF13 for ps4! I am still waiting so I can finish it. Not busting out the ps3 to finish the series lol.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-24 17:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
just need to make sure bof3, fft, and castlevania sotn are downloaded

I might have to check out the Breath of Fire series if you're putting BoF3 up there with 'Final Fantasy Tactics' and 'Castlevania: Symphony of the Night'. Those are basically the REMA of PS1 games. Toss 'Suikoden II' in there and that is the Triforce.

Which would you recommend playing as far as Breath of Fire goes? I know it's been released on mulitple sysmtes/consoles/handhelds. I've been in a GBA (Visual Boy Advance emulation though) mood lately, but I'm open to suggestions.

What I REALLY need to be doing is finally playing through 'Tales of Phantasia' for the PS1. I have even been holding off on watching the 'Tales of Phantasia' OVA just so I won't be spoiled on anything. Damn it. I should just do it right now.

By Foxfire 2021-03-24 17:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

psp storefront has been gone for years now.
idk how twitter embeds work, so just throwing this link here.

https://twitter.com/gamesnosh/status/1374104127089819651

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-24 17:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Had to download and enlarge your avatar .gif so I could see what was going on there.

Edit: My Meowth cat pokemon avatar, my above post with the "I should buy a boat" cat meme, and your avatar make it three cats in one thread already.

Fourth cat:

SUPER THREAD!

/thread_derail
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-03-24 18:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

Which would you recommend playing as far as Breath of Fire goes? I know it's been released on mulitple sysmtes/consoles/handhelds.

1 and 2 are pretty basic rpgs from the snes era. for the time that bof3 came out it was insane. the dragon gene combining to make these crazy transformations was just enthralling. esp at a time when dbz was hitting the super saiyan saga for the first time for us muricans.

it's got a lot of depth and a really good story. if you play just one, it should be 3.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-03-24 18:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
it's got a lot of depth and a really good story. if you play just one, it should be 3.

I enjoyed 1 and 2, but man, there was something about 3 that I just *** hated. I put around 40+ hours into it and just couldn't do it anymore.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-03-24 18:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Double post, but the fact that Dragon Warrior VII was never tossed onto the PS Store enrages me. I had over 100 hours clocked in on my OG PS3 before it fried and never could bring myself to play again. If I was able to toss it on my PSP though...

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-03-24 22:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Foxfire said: »
psp storefront has been gone for years now.
It wasn't gone, you just couldn't access it via the psp. You had to use the website store, download to the ps3 or pc and then transfer it to the psp.

I recently discovered that you don't even have to download it to PS3 or PC and transfer it. You can still access your library, so you can purchase it elsewhere and download it straight to PSP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-03-24 23:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll bet the reason they are closing the stores on both of their handheld systems is to force people buy some new handheld system they are contemplating soon.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-03-24 23:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I'll bet the reason they are closing the stores on both of their handheld systems is to force people buy some new handheld system they are contemplating soon.

I wouldn't hold my breath. But on the off chance that they actually do, if they made a new Dissidia sequel for it that doesn't suck then they could have my money without a second thought.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-03-25 04:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if you have a 3ds or know about this but they actually remade 7 for it. Its really good.

No 3DS for this guy, just the PS1 version. I knew that version existed, but I'm still jonesin' to play the original, just something about originals that hit me in the feels.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-25 09:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The most important aspect of Dragon Quest series is puff puff.

The real Final Fantasy XI / Dragon Quest crossover we need.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2021-03-25 18:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Nah, Sony isn't going to waste their time on gimmicks after the overwhelming success of the PS4. They know their audience. It's consoles all the way.
By Jetackuu 2021-03-25 19:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent the better half of the day downloading all of the psp/ps1/psv games that interest me. SD2Vita is one of the best purchases I ever made. *** you, Sony.
mine broke :/
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-25 20:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2021-04-05 14:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So... decided to go back through the Vita store and pick up any gems I might have missed before it goes offline. I grabbed Suikoden 1/2, Legend of Dragoon, Xenogears, Wild Arms 1/2, Vagrant Story, Breath of Fire III/IV, Grandia, and Tactics Ogre.

Any other recommendations I may have missed?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-04-05 15:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Alundra

Chrono Trigger for portability if that's your thing.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-04-05 15:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My Playstation TV will be sad....
First Page 2 3