https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53434/ambuscade-vol1-march-2019/4/#3569993

Key Items:
Geomagnetic Fount Mhaura > Temple of Uggalepih
Elshimo Uplands > Den of Rancor HP#1
Unity Warp > Temple of Uggalepih

Videos:
Brixy Standard PT VD Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3HOwfWn7Sc&t=30s
Logical NIN Solo E/Strat Guide: https://youtu.be/vfoY8yBq_jk
Kaggra RDM Solo D (27 min) (JP): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoU4v4I4vng&t=169s
Sironeko BLU Solo E (JP): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MP5Zs6g74Q

Key Notes:

Strategies:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-10 13:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate reset quest every 2 runs is a requirement, don't be all "how did I get hit for 3k i was in full dt set" ol' head ***...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-03-10 14:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just gonna drop this video here. Hope it helps some peeps! Not to bad of a fight this month as long as everyone is on the same page.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-10 14:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, the goin coins are like GME stonks now.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-10 14:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Every cycle it's never not funny watching the coins go from worthless to 1000000% increase.

Same with the flavor of the month for that particular ambuscades gear, rdm wanted, rdm pieces inflate. people want nin? nin pieces double. pup you say? octuple value pup pieces on sale!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-10 14:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Brixy said: »
Just gonna drop this video here. Hope it helps some peeps! Not to bad of a fight this month as long as everyone is on the same page.

I remember this fight from before, but nobody ever clarified the Call For Help part. Does that actually do anything as far as accruing tonberry hate is concerned? It never seemed to work for me.
By tyalangan 2021-03-10 14:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Calling for Help on adds should stop the gain of hate. So that should prevent you from resetting every single run as you only have the Monarch and KI tonberries to worry about.

Also, after watching the two JP videos above I believe the Tonberry adds have LoS aggro on the Rascal so pulling him to the far back corner behind the pillar will prevent the other adds from linking/aggroing. Correct me if I'm wrong.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-03-10 15:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Call for Help definitely mitigates Tonberry Hate gain, which in turn lowers damage from Everyone's Rancor (single target) and Everyone's Wrath (AoE). A few runs of non-reset hate will result in Everyone's Wrath eatin' butts.

You can also CFH on the Monarch itself and still successfully complete the Ambu for rewards.

We couldn't figure it out, but there was a weird Everyone's Wrath or Rancor mechanic that would one shot our RUN for 99k damage after a hate clear, but Wrath/Rancor would just do 0-300 on the rest of the party members. Happened twice in different runs. Either way, even with deaths, you can easily just get up with some arises and keep going.
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2021-03-10 15:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Iirc from the last time this ambu was around, the 99k damage spikes are from hate swapping in the middle of the mega's 3 step. He does light of condemnation > lateral slice (distortion) > wraith sneak attack (darkness). If you lose hate after the second step, and distortion goes off but not darkness, it will burst everyone's anguish on the tank for 99k.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-03-10 15:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Losing enmity sound correct. I only seen it go off 1 time earlier and someone else mentioned enmity then. It's probably a countermeasure to punish people trying to avoid the darkness skillchain. Otherwise you could use loose enmity or something like pacifying ruby to bypass the mechanic entirely.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-10 16:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That was the best consensus last time, having the mob change focus caused the 100k
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-03-10 19:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Usual Intense Ambuscade Video going over strategy and solo examples. Looks like it will be Easy this month for soloers and a very doable VD for parties.

[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-03-10 21:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So we just had a VD run that we cleared by just killing the adds and not the monarch.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-03-10 21:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
So we just had a VD run that we cleared by just killing the adds and not the monarch.

wat
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-10 21:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you maybe kill the smn last and for like 1 frame the game thought all mobs died before the monarch could pop?

Or like 99k the smn and skip its spawn phase?

Devils in the details.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-03-10 21:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

wat

Im just as confused.

We killed SMN first > blm > thf > thf > nin (which didnt 2hr) and boom that was it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-03-10 22:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Its possible that something bugged and Monarch just didnt load.

I remember one time I was doing the funguar Macro orb at the last campaign event to get I-Seals, and one run I had no adds spawn, just the main NM.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-03-11 06:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Its possible that something bugged and Monarch just didnt load.

I remember one time I was doing the funguar Macro orb at the last campaign event to get I-Seals, and one run I had no adds spawn, just the main NM.

The Monarch was there I was just about to tab over to it when we got teleported out.
By Heck 2021-03-11 08:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this fight yesterday with the same Strat in the video (RUN, BRD, SCH, COR, SAM, MNK) , but we had some problems with hate, specially with the throat slices. Pax from SCH wasn't really cutting it so we also changed the Bards 4th song and it made the run very smooth.

Bard would give DDs/Mage Marcato HM, Minuet, Mad + Dirge, and the tank got HM, Minuet, Mad + Sirvente. Haste, Pax, Regen, Phalanx from the SCH and fight was over in a couple minutes without tank loosing the Monarch.

In all honesty WHM still feels better than SCH in this fight, Pax (-10 enmity) feels like it just doesn't do enough and double erases/sacrifice and cureskin seem to be more smooth than SCH but it still works fine. RDM might be another option over SCH, can cap magic haste with haste 2 without using marcato and distract 3 should prevent sigh plus debuffs land very easily on the monarch.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-03-11 08:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You honestly can go without a dedicated healer this month and use something like a summoner to heal instead. Hastega II and tp bonus for your DDs (Frees one of BRD's Marches for something else), all enemies are stunnable with shock squall (good to avoid mijin), and status removal / enmity fixing with carbuncle when you get to the monarch. Summoner can help with the elementals until the first boss is dead and throw in some extra damage after. Not 100% sure but they should be able to use Atomos and steal Sigh from the Monarch also. Idk if it's one of those gimmicky unstealable buffs or not.

damage is pretty tame this month. Assuming you don't get one shot because someone forgot to clear tonberry hate lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Viers
user: Vires
By Bahamut.Viers 2021-03-12 15:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple interesting things doing VD today.

Ignored the turning mechanic on rune for the Bozzetto Shade, did 450 damage and darkness zero, second time did 245 damage, darkness 91.

Not sure if this is a new move but Slash Vitals is a hate reset on the target. I was building hate on my rune, while the dps were idle, it used slash vitals, then turned and just started hitting an idle cor for no reason. Had to start over building hate.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-12 16:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Viers said: »
Slash Vitals

This explains why I constantly kept getting hate on dragoon after using super jump twice with fly high...
 Bahamut.Viers
By Bahamut.Viers 2021-03-12 16:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This explains why I constantly kept getting hate on dragoon after using super jump twice with fly high...

I'm thinking they may have renamed Throat Slice as I have not seen that move yet.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-12 23:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So some strange happenings were going on this evening in our Ambu group. We were trucking along in Very Difficult on the final stretch of the fight and suddenly the shadow's Sneak Attacks were just one-shotting us.

I was tanking on RUN and as soon as the boss' Distortion animation would open and I'd turn for the shadow, the shadow's Sneak Attacks (Not the Skillchain damage but just the Sneak Attack) were successfully landing despite turning before it readied it.

This went on for... 3~4 minutes straight and then... it just stopped and went back to normal. I'm hard pressed to say it was lag because I know I (and other party members) were turning in time. Has anyone else been having a similar experience?
[+]
By Korgull 2021-03-13 00:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group has been doing 2-3 daily VDs and we have the same issues. We turn and still randomly die.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-03-13 15:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

3min Xolla, RDM GEO COR RUN DRG WAR
[+]
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-03-13 17:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Never saw the shadow even pop in that fight, but it was hard to see anything.
 Bahamut.Viers
By Bahamut.Viers 2021-03-13 17:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
So some strange happenings were going on this evening in our Ambu group. We were trucking along in Very Difficult on the final stretch of the fight and suddenly the shadow's Sneak Attacks were just one-shotting us.

I was tanking on RUN and as soon as the boss' Distortion animation would open and I'd turn for the shadow, the shadow's Sneak Attacks (Not the Skillchain damage but just the Sneak Attack) were successfully landing despite turning before it readied it.

This went on for... 3~4 minutes straight and then... it just stopped and went back to normal. I'm hard pressed to say it was lag because I know I (and other party members) were turning in time. Has anyone else been having a similar experience?

Probably parrying the distortion skillchain and not turning fast enough for the Shades sneak attack, or lag.

It seems you have to turn before the Shade spawns to prevent it. I was turning towards it as soon as it spawned when tanking on WAR and would get sneak attack'd in the face half the time.
First Page 2