How Feasible Is It To Form A PUG For Aeonic Clear?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » How feasible is it to form a PUG for aeonic clear?
How feasible is it to form a PUG for aeonic clear?
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-02 16:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
A pug Zerde would be interesting to see. Non Smn burn of course.

JP have told me:
Sch, Sch, Run, Geo, Blm, Blm.

1x Sch: Tablua Rasa -> stun
*Tho I guess rdm could just do this.
2x Sch: Tablua Rasa -> SC Thunder
Geo: Heals.
Blm: MB.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-02 16:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

GlassyCraver said: »
I've made a dozen in PuG, and no doubt hundreds of others have on Asura. Nothing is hard with SMN burn but interest in doing these is really low now.

Someone posted the other day about 2 WAR downing Schah in seconds, same is probably possible on Vini too?

please don't direct someone completely new to such a thing. Those types of videos are extremely deceiving to someone fresh to this level of content.

Behind the scenes for such an attempt are years of tweaking every minute aspect of one's gear sets, sets already made of top-notch gear; it takes a small army of 1-houred buffers that don't even start such video material fights- they buff the two "on stage" and don't get to be part of the fight to keep the mob's HP low, but benefit from the buffs of a larger party; And lastly, attempts like this are completely 'all or nothing'- either you win, or you fail. Zero chance to adapt midfight, or take a moment and get your feet back under you. Its as simple as if they didn't win in that 30 seconds you mention, they lose. They don't get even a chance to win in 1 minute.

SMN burns are essentially the same thing- the major differences being that they scale slightly better in terms of carrying someone, but they're still an all-or-nothing proposition. They do have a lower threshold of gearing to be successful as well.

At the end of the day, the OP will benefit most long-term by doing a traditional style strategy and it taking a few attempts on the harder things vs just burning it down. You know most of us commenting did the same.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-02 16:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you wanted to do a PUG Zerde, do it ranged style. ZERO coordination compared to other strats and these days finding CORs is like finding advertisements in your mail.

Can post a strat if not already known (its around in several places), but with a few key people it scales from 6 to 18 easily and drops with less coordination than any SMN or BLM bursting strat.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
Server: Asura
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-03-02 19:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Takes a bit of trial and error/good leadership and they’re all fairly easy for a group on the same page.
By Spaitin 2021-03-10 01:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

On asura? Easy. I do it all the time with shouts. On the more dead servers idk

With sakpata, war zerging all the helms is extremely easy
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [102 days between previous and next post]
By Gruknor 2021-06-19 17:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
If you wanted to do a PUG Zerde, do it ranged style. ZERO coordination compared to other strats and these days finding CORs is like finding advertisements in your mail.

Can post a strat if not already known (its around in several places), but with a few key people it scales from 6 to 18 easily and drops with less coordination than any SMN or BLM bursting strat.

Could you post the Zerde ranged strat with cors, please and thank you.
By Ozaii 2021-06-19 20:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Buff up for wildfire. Spam wildfire. Rayke ignis. Some geo stuff. Rdm for stuns and pre haste/flurry depending on if they are meleeing or shooting. Whm. If meleeing for tp bard too.

Feel like i forgot something but its very straight forward.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-19 20:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Could you post the Zerde ranged strat with cors, please and thank you.

Rule #1 for applying any posted HELM strat for your people: scaling. You might have 12 people, and that's plenty, but a strat posted may be for 18. Knowing how and where to cut back, and what must stay in place is the key.

tank party
RUN
GEO
BRD
WHM
RDM/blm

DD party-this party can be doubled for a full 18 man setup
SCH
BRD
GEO
COR
COR
RNG

1. I suggest the pop West of warp #4, running past the Porxies and Hippogryphs then turning right into the pop area behind the ruins of the colossus.

2. Only the RUN will be at the bottom of the hill. ALL other jobs will seek safety at the top using elevation and distance.

3. Scaling happens by removing DDs. 3 is likely enough for up to 12 party members, beyond that you will need 5 or 6. The GEOs, BRDs, SCHs and RDM are absolute musts, and only vary if you go from 3 parties down to 2.

GEO bubbles:
Tank GEO(again, stsanding at top of hill)- Focus/Vex, entrust Attunement on RUN
Ranged PT #1 GEO- Acumen/Malaise, entrust AGI
Ranged PT #2 GEO- Acumen/Languor, entrust AGI

BRD songs:
Tank PT BRD-Honor March, Lightning Carol 2, Dark Carol 2, Scherzo, Ballad 3
Ranged PT BRDs- HM, Archer's Prelude, Swift Etude, Quick Etude, Dirge

COR rolls:
COR#1- crooked SAM, hunter's
COR#2- crooked WIZ, miser's

Support Mages:
RDM/blm- Haste2 RUN, Flurry2 all shooters pre fight. Needs /blm
SCHs- Firestorm CORs, Aurorastorm RNGs, Adloquim, Animus Mineo, Embrava. 1 SCH should /blm (see below in "order of operations")
WHM-barthundra/baramnesra, standard WHM duties.

Order of Operations:
pre-fight all shooters build 3k TP, in particular if using Armageddon or Gastraphetes for Aftermath. Its not much because this fight is 95% WS/SC dmg, but it never hurts in my book.

all buffing happens pre-fight. Get Songs/Rolls set, have RDM do their cycle of Haste2 on themselves and RUN, and Flurry2 on the shooters. Others won't need capped haste.

SCH and RDM use a high macc food like Tropical Crepe. Yes, you'll have Bolstered Languor, but not for the first 3-5 seconds...the most crucial time. Shooters may want to consider a food option like Rolanberry Daifuku that gives both ranged accuracy AND magic accuracy.

When all buffing is done, TWO people head down the hill- RUN to the pop ???, and the SCH/BLM about halfway down. Seconds before the pop, SCH uses "Elemental Seal", and be ready to stun Zerde's opening "Just Desserts" that he uses on pop. If this isn't successfully stunned, the attempt is almost certainly a failure. I typically use ES, then pre-select Stun from the menu so all I need to do is spam the Enter key as the RUN is popping Zerde. Two enters and it will a)confirm spell and b)use spell instantly on the only target available in view: Zerde.

After the first stun, the group has about 5-7 seconds to get everything in position.

1.RUN blows all its toys- in particular Odyllic Subterfuge and massive hate tools. Gambit/Rayke Ignis Runes. Use your stored 3 Ignis Runes set up pre fight for Gambit, then quickly get 1 rune back up for Rayke. Its better to get it up fast than worry about the 12 seconds it would take to put up 3 runes AND use Rayke.

2.GEOs dropped Bolstered/Dematerialized Enfeebling Bubbles (assignments above). Easiest way to ensure they're procced is to cure1 your RUN after he performs an action on Zerde. They also get up the support bubbles, but those Bolstered/Demat'ed Malaise and Languor are what will allow a win damage wise.

3.Since the SCH/BLM drops the opening Elemental Seal/Stun, the RDM has a small window to do the following- Stymie Frazzle3, Chainspell, begin Stun spam. I HIGHLY suggest being able to see in your chatlog as the RDM when stun lands/wears. The duration will not be uniform in how long it lasts...I've had it wear almost immediately even when enfeebled, and I've had it last 5 seconds. Trying to just blindly spam it may result in a "no effect" stun and then leave Zerde enough time for a ***-you-move.

Money Time:
As the opening bubbles and enfeebling moves are being done by tank and suppport, the shooters begin their work. The goal is for no matter the alliance size/mob HP, this fight should last no longer than 1 minute. All Shooters use Double/Triple Shot, and one COR per party immediately use Random Deal after. Then rain down hell. Complete and CONSTANT spam of Wildfire/Trueflight. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT TP SCALING, SPAM ASAP.. CORs mix in Fire Shot for TP gain and using Empy+1 boots in that QD set. RNGs can close off of Wildfire with Trueflight for Fragmentation damage- not necessary but extra damage sure helps.

If all buffs/debuffs happen fast enough, you will see capped to almost capped damage from every WS, assuming your shooters have high end (not perfect) sets. But make no mistake- this fight is not won by your shooters, its won by having all the other stuff happen within that 7 second window at the start. If all that happens, the damage is the easy part.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-19 21:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

sidenotes:

-your strongest geared GEO should be on Languor. So if you only have 1 Idris in your group, they get that assignment.

-your shooters shouldn't blow their saved-up TP right upon pop. Let those enfeebling bubbles land and become active! Since we're dealing with Bolstered bubbles and a very high native magic resistance, the damage difference between a WS landed with or without them active is more than worth waiting 2-3 seconds.

-I'm sure meleeing for TP could be done, but in my opinion it simply isn't worth the risk since the fight shouldn't last longer than double/triple shot lasts, and TP gain during that time for both jobs is extremely similar to meleeing with capped haste. Its also easier in my book to buff for a shooting situation.

Best places to scale down numbers:
-1 ranged pt and 1 tank pt vs 3 total parties
-CORs and RNGs are completely interchangeable damage wise assuming good shooting sets, so can take those 6 man parties and make them 5 man easily enough. If only have 1 COR in a shooting party, ensure crooked SAM/wizard rolls are there and drop the hunters/misers.
-if only taking 2 GEOs, remove the Vex and have the tank pt GEO perform Focus/Languor,entrust Attunement on RUN.
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-06-19 21:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Carol 2 correct Cele? Carol 1 usually give more elemental resistance while Carol 2 is a fixed 100 with like 20% chance to negate damage entirely.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-19 21:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »
Is Carol 2 correct Cele? Carol 1 usually give more elemental resistance while Carol 2 is a fixed 100 with like 20% chance to negate damage entirely.

I've defaulted to carol 2 for the resist factor, as it also applies that chance to resist the status attacks of that element- in particular the stuns/amnesias. Though I would wager that for most RUNs while Odyllic is up that the difference between carol choice isn't huge.