Bahamut Dead?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Bahamut dead?
Bahamut dead?
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Fannwong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Fannwong
By Bahamut.Fannwong 2009-10-26 20:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello there, i took a break from ff11 played a few other games and have been trying out AION as well. Anyway, basically i was thinking about coming back and have been doing some research but have to my dismay read nothing about bad things about the.. lets call it survivability of our server which use to be one of the most populated. I read that many ls have transfered, people stopped playing, and some type of *freeze* thing has even been applied so we can't get new people as well. Is all of this true and if so how does it hugely impact the population of our server? If i came back i would want to not just enjoy end game content but would want to level up new jobs as well. However, if there are so few parties going on anymore, especially in the lower levels even with the lvl sync system that you have to spend hours upon hours searching, i'm not sure if it seems worth it. So if anyone has some free time and wants to hit me up with some responses regarding these situations i would greatly appreciate it.
TY
Fann~
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-26 20:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened was your server got too big so they stop letting you make new character or people moving there etc.
that has caused a drop in population and people have moved out of the server. It has also made it that MOST people have all their mission done, jobs leveled etc. so there are no low level pts and hard to get CoP and such done.

If you moved back you'd have a hard time finding a pt and would probably have to Solo or move to a different server.
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-10-26 20:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As a formor Bahamut player, I can honestly say that everything is true, and it had such an impact it's still forcing people to switch servers, myself included.

For low level jobs.. Lets just say, for over a month, you were lucky to find one party even in Dunes, and by the time I left, 2 parties were lucky in Qufim.

Most people that stayed there were also the ones who wanted everything elitist, though I still know alot who play for the fun there. Sometimes I miss the server, but you just can't do much it on anymore.
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-10-26 22:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still here and yea the above posts are true. i seek parties on rdm 75 for hours to get no invites. i try to form parties but usually '/sea pld(or nin) inv all" returns a zero. Most often the parties i do get last until the first person levels or d/cs.

As for missions yea I'm on CoP 3-5 and having an impossible to gauge time finding people that need it or will help.

I'm having to do campaign just to get my next 75 done.

i don't know about other servers, but on bahamut the RMT are all nearly gone.

Charybdis for joyeuese is fair game these days >.> I just had a friend who went 2/2 this last week or so and no one was there to camp it.

That said, tho, I doubt I'll leave the server... Bahamut for 6 years now, Bahamut for life.
 Bahamut.Fannwong
By Bahamut.Fannwong 2009-10-26 22:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, so it is as bad as ive read then huh? hmm
Well, what is the deal with server swapping? Id assume to make money SE makes you pay a fee, and is there some type of time situation so like once you switch you cant switch again for a certain amount of time. Also, which servers still promote the whole aspect of *fun* in the game with lvling and missions and what not over end game progress where greed is the key.

PS. ty for the tips and opinions

EDIT: hey thats awsome news about charby lol, if i do end up switching maybe i should take some time farming things first hehe
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-10-26 22:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure but i've heard its 25 USD to switch servers and you pick which one you go to. and yea definitely check prices here on ffxiah with other servers... so once you pick what server you want, you can see what items are a worth farming to sell there.

Had a friend buy a second azoth here for 1mil and sell it on his new server for almost 3mil.

sad tho all my friends have quit or moved lol.

anyway, best of luck to you, I hope you find a new server that's right for you ^^. welcome back!
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-10-26 22:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut is dead. Not that I really wanted to get into an EG LS, but when you are pretty much told to finish BLM for an EGLS, you will never have fun unless you have fun playing BLM, because that is what you will be required to play.
***sucks.
Only part of this game that was fun anymore was SAM/DNC soloing T-VT mobs, and after getting BLM to 50, I think I can safely say... {No thanks.}
I'm quitting more or less because of the server close. I'm too lazy to liquidate all my remaining assets and canceling my content ID for now, though.
 Bahamut.Branwen
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-27 06:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm well thats wrong. I know of a few EG shells that are looking for a multitude of jobs.
The server still has a high population in comparison to other servers.
[+]
 Bahamut.Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-27 06:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I should say, If you server swap you CANNOT come back to Bahamut until they open the server, but I dont see them doing that any time soon.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atrithk
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-10-27 09:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My only 75 is SAM, and I suppose I lucked out by getting into the one that I was in, but I think I was too bossy for being just a pearl, so I'm not in it, anymore. No other jobs are really fun for me except Dancer, and SAM is my only 75 because of this. This problem, coupled with being sick for the majority of this month, and getting fired from one of my jobs because of being sick, I just can't take it ^^;
I need to log back on and talk to Yoroitsune, he helped me so much before, and I want to pay him back everything I owe...but he's never on when I'm around :/
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-10-27 09:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Bahamut is pretty dead. I hate to say this but its true. The biggest reason is that many active players have left and were forced transferred off the server. The reason bahamut still has such a supposively big population number is because SE is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and doesn't calculate for mules, inactive players, etc. Now-a-days, Bahamut is lucky to have more than 1.1k people logged in at any given time. Last weekend, I checked the amount of people logged in on server about 6 times... only once did it break 1k. SE needs to move the inactive content IDs to different servers instead of screwing over the player base that actually plays the game still.
[+]
By ararita 2009-10-27 10:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

yes...its a closed server and my bro and i have discussed ..its time to depart bahamut...perhaps the movement of inactive chars could be a solution to the population problem but that pretty much will only help on that problem...still accounts are being stolen (this isnt the only server) the quality of players and ing enthusiasm kinda lacks as well.Lol whatever happened to a good old fashion exp party anyway?
[+]
 Bahamut.Fannwong
By Bahamut.Fannwong 2009-10-27 10:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

well, don't get me wrong its not like i want to transfer however the whole reason i made this thread was so that i could get a good look into the going ons at bahamut right now. Sure end game is fun and ive got a few 75's but if i came back i would want to lvl some more jobs and complete some missions (even though im mostly done) im just speaking in general. If theres hardly any low lvl parties going on, and hardly any missions being run, since that is what i want to do, i don't see any reason to stay :(
I guess i could try to find some people to start a static with but that probably won't have good outcomes either heh
 Caitsith.Alriath
Server: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2009-10-27 10:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Yeah, Bahamut is pretty dead. I hate to say this but its true. The biggest reason is that many active players have left and were forced transferred off the server. The reason bahamut still has such a supposively big population number is because SE is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and doesn't calculate for mules, inactive players, etc. Now-a-days, Bahamut is lucky to have more than 1.1k people logged in at any given time. Last weekend, I checked the amount of people logged in on server about 6 times... only once did it break 1k. SE needs to move the inactive content IDs to different servers instead of screwing over the player base that actually plays the game still.

Um no, I just left the other day and while Bahamut doesn't boast 3-4k anymore I've never seen below 1k let alone 1.2k during down times. On avg it would be 1.2k-2.3k depending on the day/time. My opinion on Bahamut is that if you're a fresh character and don't have the friends to help you catch up you might want to look elsewhere, otherwise EG is still very strong on baha as well as plenty of people to have fun with, you just need to meet some.

@Arithk don't get discouraged just because said shell wants you to be BLM 99% of the time.. sam is one of my favorite jobs to play(especially sam/dnc)having BLM leveled is usefull, even if it is boring in events. Play as BLM to help the shell because in the end you'll get the great gear for your sam and then the real fun starts:). oh and btw.. miss ya :P.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-10-27 12:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

@Fannwong

Low level parties are non-existant now-a-days, Dunes is completely dead unless a group of friends make an exp party. Astral Burns are the new way of getting up to and past qufim now as you can sync a level 11 or 12 and get to 20+ in a matter of a few minutes. As for missions, some people still shout for them, but they are getting harder and harder to do by the day. If you only have the last couple of missions for a particular storyarc, that isnt too bad to get done. But yeah, most times, parties are pretty slim.

@Alriath

I just did the checks over the weekend, and also some friends of mine checked as well. Its bad when there is maybe 100 or so people in whitegate. Like I said, the ACTIVE server population is about dead.

The only reason people have no enthusiasm is because many have know that the server is dieing fast. Why should they be happy that SE is screwing over the server that many of them have called home since they first started playing. Also, its bad when people are getting hacked, losing accounts and then can't go back to the server they were at before the hacking.
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-10-27 13:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought I should of added as well, that the majority of people remaining in the server are Japanese, and most of which are the "JP ONRY" types. I had to solo my Rdm from 55-60 pretty much.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-10-27 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Slytribal said:
Thought I should of added as well, that the majority of people remaining in the server are Japanese, and most of which are the "JP ONRY" types. I had to solo my Rdm from 55-60 pretty much.

Yeah, that is very true too. Most of the NA/EU crowd that is left does mainly EG stuff. I know I got lucky with building a 62 party yesterday but the members that joined my party averaged about 3-4hrs of seeking for party before I invited them. Does that say anything?
[+]
 Phoenix.Lazuras
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2009-10-27 13:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Find the truth about Bahamut: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5060

Its depressing news.

I've transferred out, in and out of Bahamut now and I don't plan to ever go back. It'll never return to its former glory. I recommend anyone not satisfied there jump ship. I didn't realize quit how bad it was until I left. Running around the starter zones and seeing new players run about is something else. Bahamut may not be dead, but the continual lack of new players is like a slow death for any server.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-10-27 13:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So....I thought Bahamut was dead after Shadows of the Departed?

>_>
 Bahamut.Fannwong
By Bahamut.Fannwong 2009-10-27 13:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

sigh, well i guess its invitable then, i will at last take advantage of the low player count to do some farming first hehe no one camping charby? ftw. Can anyone recommend a good server with a huge player base, newbies running around, people doing every type of mission as well as end game content. Think of a couple years ago ish ( i have most of my stuff done but if i go ill bring some friends so i wanna make sure ill be able to help them get there stuff done)

PS. appreciate everyones comments regarding all this stuff ty

EDIT: oo tyvm for that extra enfo about swapping, that is helpful
 Phoenix.Lazuras
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2009-10-27 14:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fannwong said:
Can anyone recommend a good server with a huge player base, newbies running around, people doing every type of mission as well as end game content.

I moved over to Phoenix. Its got a good sized population (more online here than Bahamut has had at most anytime during the last few months). The prices here are pretty much similar. And yeah, lots of newbies still about. I really like it here, was totally worth the switch.

Oh, and an FYI about transfers for any that didn't know. The fees are charged to you during your normal billing cycle from SE, not at the time of purchase. Also, you're charged the transfer fee in exchange for your monthly fees (as in, one or the other, they don't make you pay both at the same time).
 Bahamut.Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-27 16:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wierdly enough Cake (my ls) has gotten stronger since the server lock. I think the fact Im in the UK, Ive always had problems getting parties as I dont stay up late enough to join with most NA players. So Ive not noticed that much of a difference XD
[+]
 Phoenix.Slytribal
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2009-10-27 16:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I too jumped from Bahamut over to Phoenix, and playing here is such a refreshment.
 Bahamut.Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2009-10-27 17:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I could never leave the server. Its where I started and I would like to finish there too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2009-10-27 17:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Amen Taruaru
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-10-27 18:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut does seem a little lonely lately..a good 60% or more of my friend list have all jumped ship.

Bahamut is where I started and Bahamut is where I plan on ending my FF career someday.
[+]
 Bahamut.Maestorm
user: Maestorm
By Bahamut.Maestorm 2009-10-27 18:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We are still having fun on Bahamut I guess it depends on whether your friendsw are still there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jouliont
user: Jouliont
By Bahamut.Jouliont 2009-10-27 18:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The new Bahamut has its ups and downs. Although I hate how it's hard to make a party and all (which will only get worse with more and more tanks hitting 75), I like how it's bringing people closer together. Almost kind of like that feeling I had (and I bet a few others had few years back) when you basically could only invite people to your party who are close in level which were usually the same group of people every time. Now with the server population starting to decrease dramatically, we've started to branch off into more tighter groups again so i've made a few more friends in FFXI while getting back with those I've known for awhile now. To you understand where I'm coming from, It's like one of our human instincts which is to stay together in groups or how it's a small world after all. XD
[+]
 Bahamut.Kelia
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-10-27 19:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Slytribal said:

Most people that stayed there were also the ones who wanted everything elitist, though I still know alot who play for the fun there. Sometimes I miss the server, but you just can't do much it on anymore.

Quoting for wut
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-10-27 20:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol wow OP already got his info from the first 10 posts and people still saying yea its dead, its dead, bahamut dead, yes its dead. too funny. wtf people saying they were forced transferred off the server? I've been on bahamut since NA launch and never heard 1 thing about forced transfers... all SE did was offer FREE transfers and threaten people to force them off if they didn't... they never actually did it. oh well i'm just pissed cause my second home went to *** ***. i still refuse to leave bahamut tho, i'ma be that last person on there soon lol.
First Page 2 3