users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Omen: Kin Ninja Solo Strategy
Omen: Kin Ninja Solo Strategy
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-15 19:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin Solo video is out. I hope this helps others with some strategies to take on this Omen Boss. Have a good week all.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-15 21:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Good video. Kin casts elemental magic according to the day of the week, so you can avoid Coment Meteor + Impact by avoiding Darksday. He will use Comet regardless.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-15 22:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Good video. Kin casts elemental magic according to the day of the week, so you can avoid Coment + Impact by avoiding Darksday. He will use Comet regardless.

According to day of week. Interesting, thanks I missed that. Will add it to notes of video.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-12-15 22:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this control for the fact that trusts are boosted right now?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-15 22:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Good video. Kin casts elemental magic according to the day of the week, so you can avoid Meteor + Impact by avoiding Darksday. He will use Comet regardless.

According to day of week. Interesting, thanks I missed that. Will add it to notes of video.

Sorry meant Meteor*
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-15 22:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Does this control for the fact that trusts are boosted right now?

I was able to do it twice before the boost so yes it's still the same strategy and it works just fine without the event. Won two time before event started and then the 4 times after that so the strategy really does work well. Only time I've lost so far is the first time when I was figuring it out and died at 13%.

That being said, it's obviously much easier right now of course and Koru is much more susceptible to being killed without the bonus so Arcelia really may be the better choice without the event if your going with the second strategy.

Also remember that the whole point of this strategy is that the trust are out of range of the attacks anyway so it really shouldn't matter with or without the event. ArkEV lives about the same with and without the event usually only dying to a nasty back to back combo around 25%.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-15 22:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm even noticing now that 3 of these 6 wins were on Darksday... the worst day I could have gone now that I know it's day of the week so yea this really should be doable for many now using this strat, especially if you have Monberaux as a backup way out of Target.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-15 22:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done this fight 3 times on ninja in the past day. Timed out twice at 2% and 10%, died at 6% due to bad positioning. Didn't use AAEV like your strat but I lost a lot of time on lower floors getting bad objectives (kill 27 sweet, specific monster was last one, etc). It's mostly a race against time, but after watching your way of doing it, I might see if I can use AAEV method instead.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-16 06:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done this fight 3 times on ninja in the past day. Timed out twice at 2% and 10%, died at 6% due to bad positioning. Didn't use AAEV like your strat but I lost a lot of time on lower floors getting bad objectives (kill 27 sweet, specific monster was last one, etc). It's mostly a race against time, but after watching your way of doing it, I might see if I can use AAEV method instead.

Awesome keep at it Buukki, so close! You'll get it! Hoping ArkEV makes it easier, if nothing else I find he speeds up the first 50% quite a bit which should help buy you some time for the end.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-12-16 09:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Comet is single target.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-16 09:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Comet is single target.

It changes to AOE under 50%.

Asura.Memes said: »
How are you losing hate?

He explains this in the video two ways, and mentions a third.
- AAEV tanks, let her get hit by Eleventh Dimension and then join fight after. Apparently Kin won't use Target again after this Eleventh Dimension.
- You bounce hate back and forth
- Use Monberaux and stand behind him after Target, he will use Cover on you (whoever has the highest hate). Kin's eyes will stop glowing and you can resume fight.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-16 09:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »

Awesome keep at it Buukki, so close! You'll get it! Hoping ArkEV makes it easier, if nothing else I find he speeds up the first 50% quite a bit which should help buy you some time for the end.

Surprisingly, I had no real issues at the beginning of the fight controlling Kin and damaging him, but under 25% he's a maniac. He WS > Spell > WS so fast, you almost can't SC because you will heal him. I probably went through a whole stack of Shika trying to keep Miga/Shadows up while tanking/dding him. Still possible to do him without a tank, just more annoying. Also, I wasn't using Malignance set at all (idk why, just being dumb) and ate a lot of damage. I saw some of your gear sets, I'm going to replicate a few of them and see if that helps.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-16 12:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this will help you on Kin or future Omen solos, but I saw Lute mention that he uses cheers and Marine Stewpot to help crank up trust HP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-16 12:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Not sure if this will help you on Kin or future Omen solos, but I saw Lute mention that he uses cheers and Marine Stewpot to help crank up trust HP.

Both solid suggestions and may certainly come into play as I continue my solo's. Currently have cheer's setup for Trust defense as opposed to HP so will have to reconsider that. Stewpot is a really good idea as well as it still gives me acc. Thanks for the suggestion.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-12-16 12:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I wasn't using Malignance set at all (idk why, just being dumb) and ate a lot of damage.

Malignance set just makes those bosses a joke to survive. The only problem being special moves or Fu/Ou on steroids after absorbing too much buffs.

From Logical video TP moves doing 109-280 dmg, Stoneja and Comet ~500-600. Its a joke.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-12-16 18:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, you should be able to pop a stewpot so the aoe hits trusts (my choice was Angler Stewpot), and then Antacid the effect off yourself in favor of a "better" food for yourself. It's super minmaxing but I was digging deep for ways to keep Koru alive during the Target/Monbereaux redirect when I tried this as Thief.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-17 00:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to successfully solo Kin tonight by making the few changes to gear and trusts in this video. Thank you logical, I now have something to do every night to work towards my Dagon.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-17 07:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to successfully solo Kin tonight by making the few changes to gear and trusts in this video. Thank you logical, I now have something to do every night to work towards my Dagon.

WOOHOO!!! So happy to hear that. Good luck on your Breastplate!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
Server: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-12-17 11:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Memes said: »
What if you don't have Monberaux?

I'd follow the trust setup in this video. If no Ygnas, use Yoran-Oran. AAEV also works as alternative to pup trust.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-17 12:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I belong to Sylvie Unity and don't have Ygnas, but Cherukiki (+Monberaux) was good enough.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-18 10:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just clarifying Kin's mechanics a bit.

Under 50%, all single target elemental spells will be AOE (Minus Drain/Aspir) or upgraded to AOE versions according to the day's element. Holy = Holyga. Comet = Cometga (and uses Meteor). Above 50%, he only uses single-target elemental magic, including Ancient Magic, making the first 50% rather tame. So Freeze on Iceday is used over 50%, becomes Blizzaja under 50%. He won't use any single-target elemental magic under 50% regardless of the day.

I found this out the hard way when I thought I could cheese his Lightsday Holy on AAEV and was caught off guard with it constantly stripping shadows. Some may have known this, I never paid attention...

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-18 14:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The key is malignance really. You don't need shadows since you will take next to no damage, and high HP pool on MNK makes nothing a threat. Malignance cuts the damage and effects of everything Kin* can do. It's really a godly set to have. With that said, NIN is inferior to MNK damage and HP-wise, as well as TP mitigation, so you would rely on Kenda+1 set and Migawari for Interference/Malign Invocation spam. But it would take longer anyways. My first few attempts on NIN I went that route, and it's a night and day difference in terms of survival, especially after 50% when everything is AOE. I would work on getting as much Malignance as you can, though. It's just an amazing set to have.

If you do go on MNK, probably the best thing you could do is use AAEV and if you steal hate, just run behind Monbro (if you have him). if not, you would have to do the bounce-hate method, or let AAEV eat the first freeze.

Post deleted by User.