Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Qutrub Ambuscade V1
Qutrub Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By kinkanat 2022-06-23 04:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

In several runs we encountered a big problem and that is that in the last 30% the Boss is constantly reseting the hate.

Even with Ninja with Yonin, Gekka: ichi, provoke and a 99k ws the boss kept ignoring me and went to the paladin to wipe.

How do you control hate in the last 30% phase?
 Phoenix.Godofwars
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Godofwars 2022-06-23 05:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

kinkanat said: »
In several runs we encountered a big problem and that is that in the last 30% the Boss is constantly reseting the hate.

Even with Ninja with Yonin, Gekka: ichi, provoke and a 99k ws the boss kept ignoring me and went to the paladin to wipe.

How do you control hate in the last 30% phase?
well i do kno you need your pld to stay 25 yalms away so it dont get on the boss hate list
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-06-23 05:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-06-23 06:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The very thing you described was a major problem for us for a while. The trick is PLD not curing themselves or using any job abilities. That's it. That's the answer. Herd the adds up as carefully as possible, making sure not to inadvertently tag Bigwig with any BLU spells. When you get them to your corner, only use Geist Wall/Soporific/Sheep Song. PLD JA's will gather too much hate due to zone-wide enmity ambuscade mechanic.

No cure/job abilities = Bigwig never wanders away.
By kinkanat 2022-06-23 07:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

And how do you catch the hate of all the adds when poping if you don't use JA?

I can understand that you don't cure yourself as a pld, that can be done by RDM or SMN, but how do you gather all the adds without JA?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-06-23 07:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The adds when they first pop are relatively non-threatening. They can't do any bogus one shot TP moves until after Bigwig is 30%. You can take your time getting them one by one with Flash and Blank Gaze.

Even better, drop the SMN and get a second PLD. One PLD with Aegis pulls the two BLM mobs and the other with Ochain/Priwen/Srivatsa pulls two DRK mobs. The last DRK mob can be pulled & fought by RDM.

When the adds are split up in this manner, they do not have access to Triple Reverse.
[+]
By Spookyfish89 2022-06-23 07:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

kinkanat said: »
And how do you catch the hate of all the adds when poping if you don't use JA?

I can understand that you don't cure yourself as a pld, that can be done by RDM or SMN, but how do you gather all the adds without JA?

Tag them individually with Flash/Blank Gaze/Shield Bash, if you're quick about it you could hit them with an AoE when they spawn in the middle
[+]
 Asura.Raelia
Server: Asura
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-06-23 22:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Adds after the first seem to inherit hate on spawn. Second one usually runs directly to me after voking the first. The only thing that usually steers them away is someone recasting utsu or throwing out warcry.
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
Server: Ragnarok
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2022-06-26 10:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the difference between "Turn the Tables" and "Spin the Tables"?

I think Spin is VD only but I'm not sure how it is different from Turn.

Thank you
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-06-26 10:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Magicobandito said: »
What is the difference between "Turn the Tables" and "Spin the Tables"?

I think Spin is VD only but I'm not sure how it is different from Turn.

Thank you
Turn the Tables is single Target.
Spin the Tables is AoE.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-06-26 21:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Next time around, they'll give it Drop the Tables so it can really make you have a bad day
[+]
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-06-26 21:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking forward to Dance the Tables!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kinzu
user: Pra
By Bahamut.Kinzu 2022-06-30 23:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got around to trying VD with six people on discord. If you go to previous pages in this thread, you'll see my posts on our set up on difficult under my old Shiva server ffxiah profile. We made some minor adjustments on VD, which added about 4 mins to the overall fight.

Battle time was 10 mins we used two different set ups for our RDM - RDM/BLM (Stun Method) & RDM/NIN (Non-Stun Method).

This was the only job we had change and our RDM stayed /NIN for two of the three fights went were 3/3 on VD. Stun is valuable as noted by others, but not having it didn't cause us to get anywhere close to wiping and the added DPS helped. Our MNKs found Slow II and Elegy enough for them to keep up/recast in time. Unfortunately, due to our available personnel we were unable to have someone on NIN so we ran the following:

MNK/NIN (Empy)- Spammed VS
MNK/NIN (Aeonic)- Spammed SS so when the RDM/NIN SB'd they would make light. Regardless 99999 WS. Could have spammed VS as well and made light with other MNK, either option works.
BRD/WHM (REMA) - Curaga III'd to recover from Spin the Tables & Songs were Mambox2, Honors March, & Minuet. Kept Elegy and other debuffs on. Stayed backline and did not melee.
RDM/NIN (Melee Set etc.) - Debuffs/Buffs (Refresh III BRD, Haste II the squad, toss a heal during Spin the Tables **One fight we had him backline to not feed additional TP to the boss etc. as Spin the Tables heals the boss. Also the RDM silenced the Astrologers and served as additional DPS on the boss.
PUP/NINx2 (PLD PUP) - Each PUP held two of the adds away from the main group fighting the boss.

So to keep this short, the additional Tormentor add on VD we had one of our MNKs solo it @ 80% & 30%. Our RDM/NIN & other MNK held the boss as that MNK killed the adds at those two percentages, we deemed the MNK with the least amount of hate/threat at the time to kill it so boss did not follow him. BRD Curaga III spammed on Spin the Tables. The Two PUP's held two Astrologers & Two Tormentors.

Personal Notes/Opinions:

Difficult spam with the strategy I posted for 6 mins runs might be the best option, especially in a PUG scenario.

I did not attempt the PLD Kite & SMN Mew Method, so I cannot speak on the pros and cons of that strat versus this one.

I would have liked to try this with two well equipped NIN's making light with Shun (Aeonics), and or Metsu (Relics). Honestly, any SC combination to add additional damage would work, I was just throwing out those two weapons/WS's as examples. Having access to additional shadows would be welcomed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-07-01 08:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

With a little practice, you can do VD in 8 minutes with nearly the same setup. You can use a NIN instead of a MNK as well and damage is comparable.

RDM/BLM for a little more reliable silence on Bigwig so he doesn't spam Utsusemi San sub 30%.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Server: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2022-07-02 05:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

3 NIN 2 Tanks and a RDM.

NINs can do skill chains and do capped damaged on Bigwig even without buffs for difficult spam.

Might even be capable of VD while having the NINs hold the last tormenter.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-02 11:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD+NIN can handle the main boss, alternating hate. Just apply Elegy.
PLD+SMN can control adds, or two PLD works
RDM to heal, Haste 2, and slow 2 main boss

Can easily carry 1 extra person, can be anything. Personally, I liked using Ukon Warrior to speed up the fight. Was sub 8 min kills
 Asura.Raelia
Server: Asura
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-07-02 16:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
RDM/BLM for a little more reliable silence on Bigwig so he doesn't spam Utsusemi San sub 30%.
BRD could just diaga too. Cast time roughly matches up that you just cast when you see it.
By Caesir 2022-07-05 00:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a little bit too late but here is my version of the Ambu strat:
Screenshots of the guide texts

This setup is also flexibile in some way, you can carry Regen from outside, so RDM (or SCH), PLD, SMN can be swap to PUP*2 and another DD, or a BLU with any two other jobs for just stunning the adds.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7