Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Omen: Gin Ninja Solo Strategy
Omen: Gin Ninja Solo Strategy
By SimonSes 2020-12-09 12:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Also just went back to review the mechanics of Target, and found this little nugget:

Quote:
Cover being used on the player with Target lock will instantly break the lock and prevent Eleventh Dimension. This also works when Cover is used from a subjob.

Might be able to position yourself behind Monberaux after getting hit with Target from Kin. He'll only ever use Cover if you line up behind him, so if doing it the way Logical positions in this video, you can get your Cover and remove Target from Kin. 3:00 recast actually makes this a fairly useful strategy since it would be ready the next time he uses Target, barring Kin hitting your trusts with a bad TP move during the positioning.

Oh Now I actually noticed this is exactly what Lute used when he soloed it on SAM.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Cant put video with timestamp, so you can check it at 20:22 for the first time.

He also uses Sylvie and she looks like she is tough enough to handle those AoEs.
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-09 12:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

you can resist the doom, i'd be surprised if malignance wasn't enough to cause it to miss.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-09 12:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not totally sure using Provoke would trigger the Death Sentence, at least not directly. If AAEV was using Flash on timer (which is comparable to provoke), that would be enough to trigger Death Sentence if it really was using hate spike moves. It's more than likely the latter theory, that one player with significantly more hate gets the Death Sentence. This would make sense from a behavior perspective, since Kin also uses Target, which then punishes the person with the highest hate with a 3-minute terror.
By SimonSes 2020-12-09 12:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not totally sure using Provoke would trigger the Death Sentence, at least not directly. If AAEV was using Flash on timer (which is comparable to provoke), that would be enough to trigger Death Sentence if it really was using hate spike moves. It's more than likely the latter theory, that one player with significantly more hate gets the Death Sentence. This would make sense from a behavior perspective, since Kin also uses Target, which then punishes the person with the highest hate with a 3-minute terror.

True but on that Lute solo SAM video, I havent seen single Death sentence and he was solo tanking, so he had way more hate than ever trust.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-09 12:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Oh Now I actually noticed this is exactly what Lute used when he soloed it on SAM.

I never saw this video. I might actually try that out sometime, I still need a Dagon anyways.
By SimonSes 2020-12-09 12:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I never saw this video. I might actually try that out sometime, I still need a Dagon anyways.

AFAIK he soloed all 5 Omen bosses on both SAM and RDM + on RDM he also soloed Ou, so its a good source of info. Lute and Kaggra are amazing solo players (Kaggra also posts group content like Ambuscade) and they dont even use gearswap. Totally worth to subscribe to them both.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-12-09 18:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So out of curiosity, which trusts combination do you folks suggest for the three minibosses? Which, again, are imho the "hard" part of a Gin run.

Specifically for Thinker: diligent spamming/reapplication of enfeebles helps that fight go more smoothly due to encouraging Winds of Promy over Pain Sync, so anybody have less commonly used suggestions for trusts that are particularly quick to use debuffs? Sometimes I find that the trust RDMs (Koru, KoH, any my usual girl Arciela I) can tend to get... sidetracked from doing their job.

Though I haven't used him for Thinker, AATT comes to mind as a possibility (BGWiki says he apparently focuses on keeping Bio/Poison up). I'm thinking of niche trust applications here, like Ajido being really fast on dispels, Ingrid for Cursna, Fablinix and Zeid trying to Stun, etc.

You could still use sylvie, she's probably sturdy enough to survive a few hits and get healed if she's the only one. You would be able to free up possibly 2 trust spots, since she uses Indi-Haste on NINs and uses Haste 1 also (Koru would overwrite with 2), so you wouldn't even need the bards.

Yeah, Sylvie is SUCH a luxury on NIN in particular, for exactly that reason. Indi-Haste + Haste spell, plus the secondary benefit of solid curing and status removal support. Gives you considerable flexibility to not require BRD+RDM trusts for haste.

She's also great for dual-boxers like me... I'm not running a whole army of alts, just two so I'm still running 4 trusts... But I can bring my alt on GEO or BRD and not need to waste any of their buffs on attack speed. Sylvie even entrusts Indi-Regen on NIN, so she won't mess you up by overwriting a player GEO Indi-Fury with a weaker trust version (see also: Domain Invasion, with other people's trusts overwriting longer/stronger player BRD Minuets...)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-09 18:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

AFAIK he soloed all 5 Omen bosses on both SAM and RDM + on RDM he also soloed Ou, so its a good source of info. Lute and Kaggra are amazing solo players (Kaggra also posts group content like Ambuscade) and they dont even use gearswap. Totally worth to subscribe to them both.

I’m already subscribed to Lute, just don’t catch up on the videos often. I’ll look at them and see if I can replicate. Kei and kin were my focus
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-09 18:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Gives you considerable flexibility to drop BRD or RDM trusts to cap haste

Koru is still invaluable on ninja for Dia3. You'll be so starved of attack, it's definitely helpful. Phalanx II also helps out a little, and I think he'll also attempt to use Distract II on harder bosses, if he can land it. RDM is an necessary trust slot in many solos unless you have alts
By SimonSes 2020-12-10 13:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

And he soloed Ou on SAM now too

Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-10 13:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

And he soloed Ou on SAM now too

Massively impressive, will be watching this for tips. Really wish it was in english but I can normally figure out what's he's clicking on with a little thought.