Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Pup in high tier battlefield
Pup in high tier battlefield
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-10-04 17:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

With the campaign coming up, i'm wondering which fights would be the best to go in with dual pups to make some gil. I understand i can just overdrive and be done with avatar fights, but im looking for something a bit more consisent . I was leaning towards the Ark angels becuase they are 1 v 1 , so i feel 2 pups might have more of an advantage. Any thoughts?

★Ark Angels 1 / ★Ark Angels 2 / ★Ark Angels 3 / ★Ark Angels 4 / ★Ark Angels 5 /
★Return to Delkfutt's Tower / ★The Celestial Nexus / ★The Savage / ★The Warrior's Path /
★Puppet in Peril / ★Legacy of the Lost / ★Rank 5 Mission / ★Head Wind /
★One to be Feared / ★Dawn / ★Pentacide Perpetrator / ★Trial by Fire / ★Trial by Ice /
★Trial by Wind / ★Trial by Earth / ★Trial by Lightning / ★Trial by Water /
★The Moonlit Path / ★Waking the Beast / ★Waking Dreams
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-10-04 19:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve seen pups duo one to be feared.
By callmemaybeb 2020-10-04 20:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You can Arkangel GK on VD, need one pup to full tank and the other one to spam armor shatterer. Set the tank to bone crusher spam and range auto to armor shatterer. they will consistantly create light. make sure the range auto does not pull hate or it will die very quickly.Use an enmity down attachment if range autos starts pulling hate.
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-10-05 01:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

One to Be Feared can be done in duo with PUP and PUP (or PUP and SMN or PUP and BST are honestly faster). Any avatar fight, PUP and PUP is excellent (don't need Overdrive). The AA's are ok but EV is annoying on VD with PUP from what I remember. I usually run avatars PUP/PUP/COR and that works out to easy fights without one hour, I focus one puppet on tanking and one on dps.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-05 02:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you were asking for Duo but I've been spamming two BCs (solo) on PUP very easily.

Kam'lanaut one (Delkfutt Tower)
Garuda

Both on VD.
They go down in like 2 and a half minutes with Overdrive, don't even need Xiuacoatl (granted that it will be much faster with that of course)
With 2 PUPs you could alternate who uses Overdrive and then reset SPs in Jeuno with MMM, taking turns.
Just have the non-OD pup be in Tanking mode so he can resist the incoming damage, and you guys will be fine.
Can use the same setup to do Caith Sith D btw.

You can find the setup (necessary attachments, necessary maneuvers) in the PUP thread, it's two posts by Aerix with 2 Youtube videos.
Don't need any special gear, just means to cap gear haste for your automaton, anything else from there is just icing on the cake.

P.S.
Kam'lanaut VD one will occasionally fail, at least it happened to me a couple of times when I was solo, because of bad luck with elements/heals etc, but it's gonna be rare trust me. Especially if you go with two.
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Server: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-10-05 09:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried the AAGK last night, works pretty smoothly, only thing that sucks is that its 15 merits.

I feel like in the past the avatars have been pretty bad for me because of the large aoe that kill the master