Quadav Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Aldolol
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-04-05 08:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing the melee zerg strat with no tank for quick wins, as long as the WHM and everyone but the one the BLM/Main Boss is on all run away when the BLM dies there is no real difference in damage between having a tank and not having one.

SAM, WAR, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM - pretty sure there is no need for a GEO so replace with any other DD as necessary, I am just lazy and mine is iGeo only.
By Autherius 2022-04-05 11:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Been doing the melee zerg strat with no tank for quick wins, as long as the WHM and everyone but the one the BLM/Main Boss is on all run away when the BLM dies there is no real difference in damage between having a tank and not having one.

SAM, WAR, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM - pretty sure there is no need for a GEO so replace with any other DD as necessary, I am just lazy and mine is iGeo only.

Do you only need to be outside when the bLM dies?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-04-05 11:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We killed this on VD a few times the other day with this setup, I think it can be simplified greatly though, because other than making mistakes, it was a joke: PLD WHM BRD COR COR COR.

The plan:

Pull boss, kill the WHM then kill the WAR. These are a complete joke. During Invincible, melee the WAR for TP and Leaden the WHM. Or just wait for it to wear out, not a big deal. These adds die in 2-3 Leadens, probably similar for melee WS.

Once the 2 adds are dead, push the main boss to ~50% at which point he does Benediction and summons BLM. PLD pulls the BLM off to a distance, we typically did 1 Leaden to bring him sub-50% so he would follow the PLD into melee range, could maybe silence him instead? Everyone other than the PLD gets at 21+ range, shoot the BLM for TP (if needed) and then Leaden it to death, it explodes and only hits the PLD. WHM carefully remove curse and cure up the PLD while staying out of range of his petrify move (maybe 10-15 yalms, IDK I don't have addons, definitely not 20).

At this point you have 2 options: you can all go in and melee the boss and WS him while he readies TP moves/spells (risky, but with a good WHM it's fine). If doing this, you need a Yagrush WHM, they just spam curaga/stona on everyone every TP move. This is faster. OR you can just sit at range, shoot for TP, and then Leaden whenever he readies a TP move. This is slower but offers almost 0 risk. WHM stona the PLD every TP move, they're every ~15s or so.

We were doing HMarch, 3 minuets. Can easily do without the BRD at all because there isn't much meleeing in the (careful) strategy, and there's no risk of running out of time. COR rolls were tacticians, samurai, chaos, fighters, wizards, hunters. This is also overkill, and since time isn't a factor you could easily drop at least 1 of the CORs.

I could see this being done by PLD WHM COR with 3 leeches, with proper gear and strategy. You can also add a bunch of melee if you want (with Yagrush WHM) to include all your friends who don't have other job options. Hell, with enough support to cure and remove petrification, you could melee without a Yagrush I'm sure. It's really not a scary ambu once you understand the mechanics and bring properly geared DPS. Definitely want DT/meva if you're going to be eating his aoe move at the end, but I've done it for the entire final phase on COR and not had any problems.

I'm sure there are a hundred viable strategies, just wanted to post this here in case it helps someone. Happy hunting, enjoy the free points this month.
[+]
 Asura.Bladework
user: Bladework
By Asura.Bladework 2022-04-05 11:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Autherius said: »
Asura.Aldolol said: »

Do you only need to be outside when the bLM dies?

Everyone needs to be more than 30’ when the BLM add dies. At that point the whm should go off alone to be 20’ or so from the boss but close enough to heal the group and cast stona. Yagrush makes this method extremely easy but I’m sure it can be done without it. Most dangerous part of the fight other than positioning is probably the counters from the WAR.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2022-04-05 12:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this last night on VD. COR BRD RUN SAM GEO WHM.

RUN pulled boss to the corner, I did fury/frail, SAM took down PLD to force invincible then switched to WAR, after went back to PLD to finish em, the goes on boss, forced bene, BLM spawned, silenced it and took it down to 15%. Rest of us moved away and RUN killed BLM then came to us, we finished off by the boss and WHM stayed far away. :)
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-04-05 13:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Here's a VD video, for reference on positioning and order of things happening. Pull is at about the 1:30 mark. Sorry for the left edge of screen getting cut off. :(

I'm sure you can make almost any party setup work on this. Magic, melee, mix and match, it's all good.
By Trillium 2022-04-05 14:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious how people are farming seals on mules this month. Maybe I have just had bad luck, but the nm just won't cast cure when I get the elementalist down to 1-20% i'm able to steal one of the manafonts, but then die to meteor spam...
By flyingtaru 2022-04-05 15:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having the same issue on D/VD, can silence the elementalist. Ends up having 2nd set of adds come out and having to kill them with elementalist. Aka, I need to read up on the gimmick.

Trillium said: »
Curious how people are farming seals on mules this month. Maybe I have just had bad luck, but the nm just won't cast cure when I get the elementalist down to 1-20% i'm able to steal one of the manafonts, but then die to meteor spam...
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-04-05 19:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing this as tank BRD RDM 3x COR or RNG this month and during the prior cycle. Helps to have BRD on /WHM for stona. I think the BRD can be replaced by a GEO, as could any of the DD.

Tank pulls, trigger PLD, then kill WAR, then kill PLD. Force mega boss to 50% HP and BLM pops. RDM silences the BLM and grav2 on the MB. Everybody takes BLM to 1-15% then the tank finishes it off while everyone runs >30 away. RDM runs in to viruna/cursna the tank while it regains hate. A PLD with aegis should take minimal damage from torment of the Gouda cheese, RUN will take more. At this point COR and RNG do Trueflight or leaden during TP move and it’s dead. Only really dangerous part of the strat is after the cursna/viruna/hate reset because the TP move can easily Merc the RDM or a DD and leave them stoned. Helps to have a second /WHM to avoid relying on one person to stona. Should be 7-8 minutes of total time inside ambuscade.

BRD does HM/minuet x3, can swap to etude/prelude during ranged phase. RDM give flurry2 during ranged phase, haste2 during DD phase.
[+]
By Kikomizuhara 2022-04-05 21:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Chilled with ranged. Tank, heals, buffs and ranged... don't need BRD but either way is fine.
By regist 2022-04-06 13:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd solo is crazy
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-04-06 13:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahaha what a madman. That's funny.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-04-17 10:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

4 ele shot COR burning down the boss
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-17 10:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Took longer to get to that video than I thought it would. 67 Seconds

Asura.Eiryl said: »
April 2022 bump

CORallthethings.meme

This one can also probably be done in ~70 seconds (or less)
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-17 11:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They uploaded it over a week ago.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-17 11:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed they did, but the surprise, is it took that week to make it here
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-17 11:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH is too busy with the top tier posts it's become known for.
By 1thenumber 2022-04-20 00:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Was able to stabilize a tribox strategy for VD, ending the night with 4 straight wins, averaging about 13 minutes each. TLDR - silence everything all the time.

Setup: RDM (Naeg/Daybreak), DRK (Caladbolg), BRD (3-song + Gjallar/Marsyas). Trusts: Valaineral, ArkEV, Yoran-Oran. Honor March + Minuet x2.

Buff up and get at least one of Refresh or Ballad on the trusts. After engaging, immediately Silence the PLD (Devout) so he doesn't Banishga the trusts to pieces. Push until he invincibles, then burn down the Berserker, finish the Devout, and you should have enough time to be get the High Vicar down to 50% before another Berserker spawns.

Immediately silence the Elementalist when he spawns (make sure it sticks since there is some lag or delay sometimes when spawning), have the RDM take it down to below 50% HP and then either bind it if you can keep it away or just slow and paralyze. Switching back to the High Vicar, WS when he cures the Elementalist, and in between stack Slow, Blind, Distract, Dia, and Dispel to keep him low threat. Get him down to 50% for next set of adds.

Immediately silence the Disruptor first and if everything goes well you can WS him down with the RDM and DRK in under 30 seconds. While WS'ing down, make sure you silence the Defiler and keep an eye on the Elementalist to Silence him as well if he starts casting again. This phase can go to crap really quickly if one or two guys are unsilenced and are just spamming -ga spells, especially Dispelga which is why you start with the Disruptor. Once he's down, do the same with the Defiler, and just keep debuffing (mainly Slow + Silence) everything while waiting for the imperfect defense move to let you WS down with Seraph's blade and/or regular physical WSes. Also, I recommend Refresh'ing the trusts when you are waiting as well, and maybe re-haste the DRK.

Once he's down, just keep the Elementalist Silenced, Slowed and Paralyzed, and hope you get some good RNG on the High Vicars Imperfect Defense moves and you can burn him down to 50% again for the last bene. After that, get the Elementalist back down below 50% and the High Vicar will then do his AOE TP move every 30 seconds or so. Debuff him while you're waiting and pop off your WS'es during the TP move window and you should be all good. BRD subbing WHM helps for the final phase if you get Paralyzed or Blinded, he can come throw some quick -na spells while waiting for the next TP move. You may need to do songs again in this last phase.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [412 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-06-05 13:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bringing this back from the dead as it will be June's Ambuscade beginning the 12th. No notes of any adjustments. Should be another easy month.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-05 14:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the hard months?
 Sylph.Jtmoney
Server: Sylph
user: Jtmoney
By Sylph.Jtmoney 2023-06-05 14:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Imps, qiqirn, and sahigan if you’re trying to lowman on VD.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2023-06-05 14:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The latest iteration of Iron Giants is annoying, I opted to not do ambu that month. I remember Soulflayer being annoying because SMN was involved/preferred for breaking a shield of some sort and everybody else was shooting.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-06-05 15:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Moogles!
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-09 12:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
Moogles!

Best month. Fun to duo.
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-15 10:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloing VD on SCH this month is a lot of fun. Think BLM could also probably do the exact same no trust strategy.

Other jobs seem reliant on trusts to solo VD. Maybe RDM could as well, but you'd have to sub SCH or WHM to deal with Virus, so at that point you may as well just be a stronger nuking job.
 Shiva.Dolmen
Server: Shiva
user: Doleman
By Shiva.Dolmen 2023-06-15 11:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the strategy for SCH solo? Do you happen to have a video?
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2023-06-15 11:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dolmen said: »
What is the strategy for SCH solo?

* Be /RDM. Prebuff Haste/Protect/Shell/Regen/Stoneskin/Blink/Aquaveil/Barstone+Petrify/RR before entering.
* Addendum Black/Klimaform/Thunderstorm II/Phalanx upon entering.
* Pull boss with Diaga to remove Blink, then Bind.
* Ebullience+Ionohelix II the Devout, then Silence and Bind it.
* Gravity the Berserker, then Fragmentation -> Thunder V+IV should kill.
* Get the Devout low enough that a Helix tick will kill it, then begin SCing the High Vicar. As the SC goes off, the Devout should be dead, then hammer the Vicar with as many nukes as you can fit.
* Kill the Berserker that spawns, ideally using the same delayed Helix death into a SC on High Vicar.
* Finish getting the High Vicar to 50% (or repeat killing adds if you fail to), at which point it Benedictions. Bind+Gravity it and ensure these stay on until after the Elementalist dies.
* Silence the Elementalist ASAP. Get it low, do the same delayed helix death, except this time instead of SCing the Vicar go into Addendum White and prepare to Viruna+Cursna yourself instantly after Wail of Gu'Dha.
* Get out of High Vicar's range, Cure IV then Convert and Cure IV again.
* In phase 2, you want to gravity kite the High Vicar. Let it get close enough to ready Torment of Gu'Dha, then quickly edge back out of range and Ebullience Thunder V or IV. (Alternatively, Thunder III+II narrowly fit together.)

Repeat until dead. If you get hit by Torment's Petrify and don't resist it, it's probably a wipe. If you have Phalanx up and go full turtle set, you might eke out a survival. To maintain MP you can Aspir the Devouts/High Vicar/Elementalist throughout.

I don't record videos, but here's the strategy by Kaggra:

[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-15 11:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dolmen said: »
What is the strategy for SCH solo? Do you happen to have a video?

Enter -> ??? -> Profit
By Pantafernando 2023-06-15 12:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can bind stay up after helix and dia?
By Dodik 2023-06-15 15:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, dots do not break bind.