Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Leaden Salute / Hachirin-no-Obi
Leaden Salute / Hachirin-no-Obi
By Buffyslyph 2020-08-25 21:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Hachirin-no-Obi be BiS for waist for Leaden Salute in Dynamis?
By SimonSes 2020-08-25 22:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Short answer: yes

Long answer: Its generally the best for average and consistence damage, but other belts (Orpheus's sash being by far the strongest if you are close to target) will produce higher spikes.
 Asura.Crowned
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-08-26 05:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
(Orpheus's sash being by far the strongest if you are close to target) will produce higher spikes.
How so?
By SimonSes 2020-08-26 05:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crowned said: »
SimonSes said: »
(Orpheus's sash being by far the strongest if you are close to target) will produce higher spikes.
How so?

Obi makes weather proc 100%, but without Obi weather still proc 33% of the time. So whenever weather proc on top of Orpehus's Sash you will do much more damage than with Obi.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-08-26 10:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not 100% sure on how opposing day/weather effects work, most likely they proc separately which would make dark day +x2 weather 35% and lightsday + x2 dark 15%, for some reason I had a thought that they sorta worked like Opposite Day cancels out a weather making it a single weather bonus of 10%.

If it’s the former then Orpheus sash is equal to Obi on lightsday but if it’s the latter sash is better than obi on lightsday, assuming 0 distance.
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Server: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2020-08-26 11:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

tbf, BiS comes with a caveat: You need ALL the parts that compliment a beatass Leaden Salute set,(Death Penalty, JSE, rolled gears, Pixie +1, Archon, et al) and then you get to have a marginal WS thats useless against meva+/MDB+ enemies. Weighing the decision to buy O-sash should be accompanied by use that isnt limited in its applications. Obi goes a long ways. 1200~ TP AM3 LS and "biS" minus O-sash gets it done well in to w2 mobs, and still one-shotting stats, cause... COR =/ Atleast thats how I prioritize need > want and enemy mobs as Dyna goes. Sash isnt making a crappy LS set 'OK' without all the peripherals. Focus on the whole package... and less on the .15% ele WSD mod. Cheers~
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-08-26 12:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

In my mind, there are a few primary ways to play CORSAIR currently:

1.) Strictly Melee (usually savage blade or other melee WS spam).
2.) Ranged (shooting, WS'ing with Leaden Salute against magical or Last Stand against physical enemies; Other WSes matter too).
3.) Melee+Ranged (This is what I've witnessed lots of folks do in Dynamis, where they melee-TP on everything and WS-spam Leaden Salute in Dynamis).

I could see Orpheus Sash mostly helping in the #3 situation and you're also in direct competition with your LS mates, who engages first, who uses packet-WS, who needs to manually target a mob before WS'ing, all factor to into who's going to claim that enemies' HP bar. (#1, strictly meleeing, but using orpheus sash for elemental sword WS on COR seems silly, but is technically valid).

For Orpheus Sash specifically, it helps with:

1.) Other elemental WSes (Sanguine/Burning/Shining Blade, etc) and less so, for WSes that might be > 15 yalms away, like Wildfire, Trueflight.
2.) Both black elemental and blue magic (elemental magic, not non-physical spells).

So, you can draw from this, that a lot of jobs who tend to have a close proximity to a mobe and deal elemental-specific damage, can greatly benefit from its' use (Max 15% is around ~1.7-1.9 yalms IIRC).

However, if you don't play those jobs or don't have a multitude of uses for Orpheus Sash, then I would stick to the current best case scenario for waist item logic:

1.) Use Hachirin-no-obi if weather permitting (but also, no corresponding day-element penalty).
2.) Otherwise, use INT/MAB for magic or proper/appropriate WS modifier for said elemental action.

Just my two cents.
[+]