Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » Warning to anyone install mods from Amelila youtub
Warning to anyone install mods from Amelila youtub
By RadialArcana 2020-08-18 03:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm putting this here since I noticed it a few weeks ago and it will surely come up.

Amelila has a "megapack" on his channel with all his zone mods in it, from what I see the issue is still in that download to this day.

There is an error in this megapack that will cause a crash in Bastok Mines when you reach a certain area, it's simply a misnamed mod. With the new missions this will surely come up more now.

One of the small rooms in bastok mines has it's own dat file, Amelila named the quifim mod as this small room. So when you get close to the room it tries to load quifim and crashes, and then keeps on crashing as you try to log in since it keeps trying to load it.

To fix it and stop the crashes, install this file (the original file for the small room).

Rom/1/58.dat

RadialArcana said: »
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-18 07:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad the dude suddenly dropped off the planet like that. Probably due to personal issues or something but I really liked his work. Took on the monumental task of redoing entire zones.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-08-18 11:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Too bad the dude suddenly dropped off the planet like that. Probably due to personal issues or something but I really liked his work. Took on the monumental task of redoing entire zones.

Yeah I liked his mods, I've been making some but it's a long process.

I think he honestly just burned out, since near the end he started making upscales instead of re-textures.