Mage Mamool Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-05-14 22:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

COR, BRD, WAR, DRG, PLD, SMN. I guess general purpose buffing, healing, and perhaps Earthen Armor?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2022-05-14 23:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I did this ambu with the same strat/setup last year. Apogee Lunatic Voice to make them switch all in melee mode and Earthen Armor/Scherzo to survive Mijin Gakure. Another Lunatic Voice is sometimes required because of their resist silence trait.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-05-16 01:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried mimicing the other vids with a PUG, but didn't have much success. The old way of just sleeping them with an RDM still works though, just a bit more annoying with the wakes.

Another variation here I found interesting, RDM opens with Bind-ga and pulls back, SMN goes in to silence all of them. So they're all basically cemented and can't cast allowing a regular tank/nin to go one by one with the party without being overwhelmed too bad. Scherzo/EA should protect the party from Mijins.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Wizardstick
Server: Bahamut
user: Sieve
By Bahamut.Wizardstick 2022-05-16 12:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried the method as shown in the JP video but with a more traditional setup.

Tank, Healer, Cor, Bard, Heavy Dps, Smn

It's reliable if everyone does their job right and people are in sync. The tank always tends to die on the last 3 mobs though. A sacrifice worth making.

Even with the the Savage Blade cor doing double the dmg of the Savage Blade war we were still consistently getting wins.

Songs HM, Min5, Mad2, Scherzo. Minne5 on the tank instead of min5.

Smn does a lot of buffing. Earthen Armor (Titan), Lunatic Voice for silence and Wind's Blessing for magic shield (Siren), Diabolos for Noctoshield and Dream (Shroud MDB).

The hardest part has got to be the tank in this setup. They get stripped of weapon/shield and caught in FC/midcast a lot.

The mijin gakures were a joke with this setup, on average, doing about less than 200 dmg for people with full buffs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Illumin
Server: Bahamut
user: sylvanica
By Bahamut.Illumin 2022-05-16 13:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

^ I was the summoner.

The tank needs to make sure they all stay grouped together for Lunatic Voice, I missed 1-2 a few times, and the BP timer is annoying.

I also tended to keep up Titan and just spammed Earthen Ward (Stoneskin) to further mitigate any Mijin Gakure damage while giving a DEF bonus with Avatar's Favor. I could see a benefit to MDB from Cait Sith but she's less useful otherwise.

Avatars aren't protected and will probably die after each Mijin Gakure as well, so keep that in mind.
 Asura.Disclai
Server: Asura
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-05-17 07:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Those difficulties with the tank are why they didn't use one for their setup, and instead had their WAR sub NIN, along with the RDM binding to ensure single fights. Their physical attacks are going to be so empowered that everyone — including, if you're using them, a tank — needs shadows.

A PLD/NIN as tank & main healer would likely work well. (Assuming the group still uses a RDM/SCH for Bindga.) And NIN obviously wrecks this ambuscade, and would've worked great in place of their WAR too.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-05-18 07:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well

[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-05-18 09:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That Sch solo is really quite amazing!
By KyLouie16 2022-05-22 12:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you just make sure to silence the mob and then WAIT for it to throw its weapon BEFORE you kill it then their spells don't start doing more damage after each one dies.

I didn't even need addle using this tidbit. Still kept mobs slept tho just to be safe, but honestly I think I might have been able to do it without them slept.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jakarai
Server: Phoenix
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2022-05-30 21:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

5 Aegis PLD and a BRD.
By Veydal1 2022-05-31 00:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Xolla 2mins

How did they handle the tank losing their weapons? Those moves hurt after a couple mobs go down. Looks like the tank was PLD/RUN.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2022-05-31 03:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Their encumbrance and defense down moves can be avoided with shield blocks, these debuffs almost never land if the PLD has Ochain and some "Chance of successful block" pieces. I can keep our tank alive easily on SMN when he has all the mamools in front of him with Thureous Earring, Zwazo Earring +1, JSE mantle and -DT equipped in all sets. SMN can also weaken them with Tidal Roar and Slowga.
[+]
By Veydal1 2022-06-01 14:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, thanks a lot for the info! I was using Priwen + ensured Reprisal was up full-time. Maybe it was positioning, or maybe I need to get an extra piece or two of block gear.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-06-01 16:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, not like it matters, but do the mobs get a DT boost or something as they get empowered from another death? I noticed my ws are noticeably lower on the last two than they are on the first two, same buffs/debuffs throughout.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-06-01 16:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Their encumbrance and defense down moves can be avoided with shield blocks, these debuffs almost never land if the PLD has Ochain and some "Chance of successful block" pieces. I can keep our tank alive easily on SMN when he has all the mamools in front of him with Thureous Earring, Zwazo Earring +1, JSE mantle and -DT equipped in all sets. SMN can also weaken them with Tidal Roar and Slowga.
I've noticed some strangeness with this particular move this month. I had some cases where I was able to confirm that I blocked it(via battlemod) but still got encumbered. It was very strange.

That said, It still didn't encumber me on PLD the vast majority of the time.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-06-04 19:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH helix method - with full party to enable points on mules this month.

Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-06-06 11:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just FYI, you don't need hachirin in your Helix set; helices automatically gain weather bonus.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-06-06 15:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
Just FYI, you don't need hachirin in your Helix set; helices automatically gain weather bonus.
I knew that at one point .. but I forgot .. thank you for pointing that out I will fix my set lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7