If You Couldn’t Swap Gear...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » If you couldn’t swap gear...
If you couldn’t swap gear...
By flyingsquirrel 2020-07-17 23:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I always enjoyed seeing the creative gear sets used in ballista- involving a little bit of everything due to penalization for gear swaps.

If you could only make one gear set for a job, what would that set be? Remember, tp, weaponskills, job abilities, dt, pet sets, everything will be used in this one set. Weapons and ranged weapons are also unchangeable!

P.S. this is just for fun. Keep it classy please

Edit: just realized I put this in the windower forum... oops... sorry!
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-17 23:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooh I love this topic. Worst time of day to start it, but it'll be on fire tomorrow.

"I can't min/max well then this is obviously the best option" "but its not because of min maxing" "the topic says you literally can't min/max" "but this job is better" "but this set is better on this job" "attack cap" "8 geos" "12 songs"
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-18 00:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If I could not gear swap, I'd play another game with better graphics.

The ONLY reason FFXI still reigns superior to me after all these years IS the system of very specific gear for very specific situations, as opposed to just always having the same item equipped for everything you do, like most MMOs.
[+]
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-07-18 03:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Id play FFXIV that has a boring gear treadmill but fkn amazing story/graphics. As stated above FFXI is amazing because of its gear pallet, and its BiS builds make endgame fun and transformative each time you read these forums. Square Enix has done a great job filling gear gaps, gear progression more accesible (DI, AMAN, Unity /Odyssey) and making new builds with SU5 weapons.

If i had an alltime favorite set it would be 75 era Optical Hat, Blau Dolche, Siroco Kukri, Scorpion Harness +1, Peacock Charm, Raven Gaters, Raven Hose, Raven Bracers, Staurobow+1 with bloody bolts.
Back when you solo thief in evasion set and bloody bolts kept you alive and kicking with Rng widescan and no dnc option hunting high gil drop spells and NMS , and the set looked cool. Stuff these days is just to many options, back then you had sets you loved to wear.
By flyingsquirrel 2020-07-18 03:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely understand your feelings about how the game would not be the same if you couldn’t swap gear.

Maybe I was unclear, but I’m looking for some creativity on trying to make a -one ring to rule them all- type of set. I believe I read an article a long time ago about playing mmos the “lazy dad” way, and instead of min/maxing each and every little thing, just cutting corners as much as possible.

What kind of crazy tp-ws-dt-2hr- kind set can you come up with on the jobs you like?

I’ll attempt a pup set once I have some time :D
I need to really think about how to maximize master damage while still adding some pet stats (haste)for soloing and pet DT for tanking. Might result in a necessary earth maneuver and using a frame with shell V to work though...
By ryukin182 2020-07-18 03:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally id just say whatever tp set. Tp sets allow the most ws, which is what this game is all about how many you get off. The tp gear wouldnt have the worst stats for the ws, but most likely no real wsd to boost ws dmg.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-07-18 04:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ryukin182 said: »
how many you get off
giggity