Spells From Yoricia Weald (U) - Tips?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Spells from Yoricia Weald (U) - Tips?
Spells from Yoricia Weald (U) - Tips?
 Bahamut.Sobius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2020-07-07 13:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies if this has been addressed somewhere else already - I could not find anything when I perused the threads here:

I am trying to finish some of my BLU spells so read that I good place to go is to enter Yorcia Weald (U). I figured out how to do this, and found some elementals to fight but my stronghold gets ganked from me in the first 5 minutes of the fight and I get ejected.

I feel like I am doing something wrong here... Can anyone briefly walk me through what I'm doing wrong? Appreciate the feedback.
 Asura.Superiority
Server: Asura
By Asura.Superiority 2020-07-07 13:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is what I found that worked for me, if you just want to farm spells. You wont care about completing the floor.

1) Ensure you have traded a Eudaemon Sash/Sword or whatever with your Simulacrum Segments.

2)Go to any ROE vendor and exchange vouchers for Obsidian Fragments. (at least 1000)

3)Once you are in the skirmish, exchange 1000 fragments for Puissance.

4) Summon Byakko/Kirin. Kill some mobs and spend more points on summoning a few more friendly mobs to ensure they just beat on anything that comes your way.

5) Once the enemy's base is low and no more mobs are spawning, run around fighting elementals until you get your spell!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2020-07-07 17:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Superiority said: »
1) Ensure you have traded a Eudaemon Sash/Sword or whatever with your Simulacrum Segments.

I can confirm that this method is very effective as I have used it to help many people farm their spells this way. One thing I'd mention, however, is that I always suggest making your simulacrum with a Ring or Sash - Sword and Shield will have an abundance of butterflies, and you're looking for elementals.

Another thing to note: I often suggest making a simulacrum with a level 1 head, level 5 body, and level 1 feet. A level 1 body gives you 15 mins in the zone and you get an additional 10 mins for every level above 1, so a level 5 body will give you a total of 55 mins. If you're going in fresh, you shouldn't have any problem farming all 8 spells with a 1/5/1 simulacrum.
 Bahamut.Sobius
Server: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2020-07-10 15:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This worked very well for me - thanks all for the clear feedback and explanation. I have all spells now save the WKR's and Vagary.

If anyone is still reading this thread, can the WKR's be solo'd now with Trusts?
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Server: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-07-10 15:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sobius said: »
This worked very well for me - thanks all for the clear feedback and explanation. I have all spells now save the WKR's and Vagary.

If anyone is still reading this thread, can the WKR's be solo'd now with Trusts?

Yes they are, some with more difficulty than others but yes they can. Blu is one of the best equipped to do the task with right spellsets and gear.