F in chat for Mixer
First Page 2
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2020-06-22 20:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Much like the Riot thread, Mixer is now dead.

An article from the same minds that brought us the $2000 PC build! Yup, they got one!

Discuss.
By Viciouss 2020-06-22 20:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phil Spencer was a step up from Don Mattrick but only a small one. Microsoft was getting smoked in streaming, pulling the plug makes sense.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-06-22 20:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Microsoft seems to be skimping lately. I hear the new Xbox UI is supposed to be the same as the UI on the last Xbox. Not sure if that's true tho.
By Viciouss 2020-06-22 20:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They are cutting corners wherever they can because they know they are gonna have to undercut the digital PS5 and that probably means taking a loss.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-22 20:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's tough to break into and dethrone / carve out a new space without the ability to lock down something.

If they could buy exclusive rights to fortenite it might have worked.

Probably not, but better than trying to just lock down two or three players of it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-06-22 20:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
They are cutting corners wherever they can because they know they are gonna have to undercut the digital PS5 and that probably means taking a loss.
No one I've talked to except a boomer thinking about buying for a grandchild has shown any interest in the PS5 digital version.
[+]
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-22 20:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The platform itself was actually really nice, but if you don't get the eyeballs it doesn't matter.

Kinda weird to see Microsoft fail at something these days, honestly. All of my experience with them as of late has been Azure, which is pretty nice.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-06-22 20:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Idiot Boy said: »

By Viciouss 2020-06-22 20:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No one I've talked to except a boomer thinking about buying for a grandchild has shown any interest in the PS5 digital version.

People are waiting for pricing/bundles.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-06-22 20:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
The platform itself was actually really nice, but if you don't get the eyeballs it doesn't matter.

Kinda weird to see Microsoft fail at something these days, honestly. All of my experience with them as of late has been Azure, which is pretty nice.
In streaming services, Twitch proves you can fail massively yet still succeed. Look at the sheer amount of *** surrounding them.

They have a section that is Chaturbate Lite: Clothes Kinda On edition
They only enforce rules on some streamers when literally begged to by said streamer and even then, they only give 1/3rd of what was begged for.
They made a safety council and put a caricature of a transperson on it as a group of human shields.
Cat yeeting? Dog crotch-sniffing? Apparently within the rules if you're one specific streamer.
According to a former admin, the office is basically a frat house where staff spends the day drinking and playing LoL while ignoring problems till they get too big to ignore.

Twitch is pretty bad, I had hopes Mixer would force them to improve.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-22 20:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

F
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-22 21:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

weird, I've seen a lot of interest in it
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-06-22 21:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

weird, I've seen a lot of interest in it
For e, I'm just not interested in a console that is purely digital. PC? Fine, but not consoles. The digital only thing would also kill most, if not all, of the backwards compatibility PS5 is rumored to have with PS4 games.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-22 21:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres obviously a market for digital only or it wouldn't have come up as an idea.

The big conflict is why does digital media still cost what physical media does. And I know the argument. But it's simply not the same.

Assuming they don't screw you out of your stored games (losing a password, errors, broken console switching etc) Digital only is so much more efficient.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-22 22:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They’re integrating with Facebook (Which gives them access to Instagram and other platforms as well) it’s pretty obvious they’re positioning the platform to hit as many targets as possible in the next console generation.

Sound strategy.

Whether it’s a successful move or not remains to be seen. Could be problematic for Twitch and Amazon. Probably not.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-22 22:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even know what mixer was, and azure is poo,(then again Jet loathes all cloud garbage).
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-22 22:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we interest you in a monthly subscription to garbage as a service?
By Viciouss 2020-06-22 23:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
They’re integrating with Facebook (Which gives them access to Instagram and other platforms as well) it’s pretty obvious they’re positioning the platform to hit as many targets as possible in the next console generation.

Sound strategy.

Whether it’s a successful move or not remains to be seen. Could be problematic for Twitch and Amazon. Probably not.

2 out of 3 of their biggest streamers bailed so probably not.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-06-22 23:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Theres obviously a market for digital only or it wouldn't have come up as an idea.
Remember the PSP Go? Basically the predecessor of the Vita at a time when Digital ONRY was a bad idea.

....lol Imagine Grandmama coming home and wrapping up a PSP Go and 2-3 PSP games on UMD, they sit under the tree until Christmas when little Timmy learns how disappointing the world is...it was beautiful.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-22 23:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad marketing, not a bad idea persay (I've never heard of psp go)

If you bought a digital only machine not knowing its purpose, yeah...
By Prong 2020-06-22 23:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember the PSP Go? Basically the predecessor of the Vita at a time when Digital ONRY was a bad idea.

....lol Imagine Grandmama coming home and wrapping up a PSP Go and 2-3 PSP games on UMD, they sit under the tree until Christmas when little Timmy learns how disappointing the world is...it was beautiful.

I recall the PSP Go. Had a PSP, maybe used it 3 or 4 times to play poker on lunch breaks at work. Gave it away at a white elephant gift exchange party maybe a year after I bought it. I hate hand-held gaming devices, my hands are way too big.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-06-22 23:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad marketing, not a bad idea persay (I've never heard of psp go)

If you bought a digital only machine not knowing its purpose, yeah...
Stuff
By Jetackuu 2020-06-22 23:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It also had a ***design.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-22 23:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Digital sales even on consoles (pandemic ***aside- I'm talking about more than 3 months ago) outpace physical sales.

Quote:
The digital only thing would also kill most, if not all, of the backwards compatibility PS5 is rumored to have with PS4 games.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You would still be able to use your digital licenses to download your PS4 games onto your PS5.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-06-22 23:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »

I recall the PSP Go. Had a PSP, maybe used it 3 or 4 times to play poker on lunch breaks at work. Gave it away at a white elephant gift exchange party maybe a year after I bought it. I hate hand-held gaming devices, my hands are way too big.
I like handhelds but, outside of Pokemon Go and Fire Emblem Heroes (occasionally) I hate mobile gaming. That's what has replaced handhelds tho.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2020-06-22 23:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Digital sales even on consoles (pandemic ***aside- I'm talking about more than 3 months ago) outpace physical sales.

Quote:
The digital only thing would also kill most, if not all, of the backwards compatibility PS5 is rumored to have with PS4 games.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You would still be able to use your digital licenses to download your PS4 games onto your PS5.
Physical copies. I prefer physical copies to pretty much everything.

EDIT: Console that is. I trust digital PC a bit more.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-22 23:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-23 00:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Physical copies. I prefer physical copies to pretty much everything.

EDIT: Console that is. I trust digital PC a bit more.

Can it Boomer :P
[+]
 Asura.Kirasara
By Asura.Kirasara 2020-06-23 01:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... Ninja is the winner here... all that M$ money lol. Mixer was a bad decision all together lol
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-23 01:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nindork definitely won big as hell. He got 30 mil to get made fun of for a year basically. That's a hell of a salary.

Mixer wasn't a "bad idea" though, it just had bad management. Starting from behind but doing absolutely nothing to innovate the field. Jank UI didn't help.

Mixer actively started "hiding" the biggest channels when ninja jumped over. At the time monstercat was the biggest live channel but afterword you couldn't find them in the sort menu anymore. They were still there, just not on the list of "most viewers".

Actually monstercat is still being hidden. If you search the browse tab "top streams" Monstercat has 741, it would be the 9th biggest live channel at the moment. it's not listed.
First Page 2