Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Dullahan Ambuscade V1
Dullahan Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By tyalangan 2020-06-10 17:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Continuing the new tradition of mob specific threads instead of month-based threads for easier searching.

BG Ambuscade Page

Videos:
NIN + Range VD Method (link to melee method in description)

Solo DD + Stun Nether Castigation

RDM Solo D

BLU Solo E

Key Item Locations:
Inner Ra'Kaznar HP -> Teleport (K-9) -> Dullahan Axegrinder (L-10)
Inner Ra'Kaznar HP -> Cirdas Caverns (J-8) -> Imposing Dullahan (H-7)
Ceizak #1 -> Sih Gates (G-11) -> Unrelenting Dullahan (I-7)
Morimar #5 -> Moh Gates (H-5) -> Somatophylax Dullahan (I-8)
[+]
By GwenStacy 2020-06-10 17:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for this
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 17:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I approve, this is how it should be titled. No point closing threads, name them by the type instead of the month.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-06-10 17:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

VD Strategy:

PLD, MNK, WHM, GEO, COR, BRD

You will likely be able to axe the WHM in favor of something else if you desire, this one is not very WHM intensive.

Our MNK was using Godhands (not R15) and subbing DRG. BRD songs are Honor March, Victory March, Madrigal, Dirge (throw a ballad on the PLD instead of dirge). COR rolls are Samurai and Chaos. GEO, I forget, I think it was Indi-Fade, Geo-Frailty, entrust Fury on the MNK. I think we were tinkering with GEO things and I'm not sure what we settled on.

PLD is preferable to RUN because Holy Circle and Sepulcher fart on the Dullahan big time. If you drop the WHM, PLD Majesty comes into play.

Obviously, the point here is subtle blow and low TP feed. Between Penance, capped subtle blow, Sepulcher, and Shijin Spiral, the Dullahan will only TP approximately 4 times the entire fight. MNK should save Impetus for the Dullahan. MNK will be multi-stepping radiance. If your buffs are right, you can kill Dullahan in 3 minutes before both Holy Circle (15% damage increase) and Impetus wear off.

Of course you still do the mechanics when they pop up.

Charging Up: keep punchin', lad.
Boiling Over: stop and spam tier 1 spells (call me crazy, but Banish 1 pushed him into Nether Castigation really quickly)
Noxious Miasma: MNK WS once and turn. Spam tier 1 spells until Nether.

One last thing to mention is that you can silence him, which prevents him from absorbing your buffs and TP. WHM can try or you can replace the WHM with a RDM for easy silencing. He is also highly susceptible to elegy and I would imagine slow as well. It helps to slow his TP gain.

Sub 6 minute VD runs. The only chance of death was if you WS'd into Boiling Over. He is otherwise fairly non-threatening.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-06-10 17:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone translate the RDM solo video by any chance?? I more or less get it, but don’t want to miss any key things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 17:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I approve, this is how it should be titled. No point closing threads, name them by the type instead of the month.

I vote for this as well. Would be awesome to google "Dullahan Ambuscade" and bring me right to the thread that explains the strategy.

The month thing isn't as efficient.
By cubic 2020-06-10 20:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Can anyone translate the RDM solo video by any chance?? I more or less get it, but don’t want to miss any key things.

Translation from 1:04

At first, pull dullahan to let AAHM manage hate with dullahan.
Cast Slow II and Paralyze II to keep the tank alive.
Don’t forget Silence too.
Switch to monoceros when you are done with debuffing dullahan.
Requiescat > CDC would be good as monoceros is weak against Dark SC.
You should look back when monoceros is doing ability as much as possible because it will absorb physical damage.
Also, Scintillant Lance will get stronger depending how much it absorbed the damage.
I don’t remember last time well, but I feel like that a tank trust was killed for 1 WS absorption.
If it absorbed very much, AAHM shouldn’t be gone easily as he has Migawari! (I guess
Note that Scintillant Lance is long cone typed AoE. You should arrange your trusts not being in the same direction as AAHM is.

Dullahan is very annoying because of its abilities. SB is your friend.
Charge-Up is now on.
When charge-up is on, it enters either of the 3 different modes.
It’s “Boiling over” mode now.
Dullahan will use “Nether Castigation” for the next.
Nether Castigation is annoying as it reflects some part of the total damage dullahan has taken.
It’s like Pain Sync that Omen mid boss Glassy Thinker uses.
But unlike Thinker, Dullahan doesn’t have regain. You’ll need to give TP with weak attacks.
I use single wield Kraken Club for it.
Lower D weapons or spamming stone would be fine too.
I noticed later that I should have cancel enspell.
I should have return Qultada too.
Charge-up.
It’s Boiling over.
I’m gonna give TP by switching to Kraken club.
It’s Charging up.
It gains a spikes effect that drains TP and gains access to Atramentous Libations.
Atrament Libations: Radius AoE physical damage + drains multiple buffs. It’s better to cancel your phalanx.
It looks like some buffs are drained.
Keep silence on as dread spike is horrible.
Its’ Miasma. It gains a spikes effect that drains TP and gains access to Eisenschneider. Can be pushed out of this mode by hitting WS.
Eisenschnerder : You will die
Eisenschneider will end the game.
1 WS can push out the mode to Boiling over, you won’t die in Miasma mode lol
(die in Miasma)
Ha!
It was a dream!
Uncut video from here. Nothing fancy though.
In the end, I’ll show you gears.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-11 01:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So a ninja tank is actually strong for once in this? /crossesfingerscuzmyrunsucks

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-11 01:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
So a ninja tank is actually strong for once in this? /crossesfingerscuzmyrunsucks

I told people this before the patch and got laughs. Migawari is really good for it, but keep in mind tanking two monsters can br challenging for random ninjas. Also, Dullahan can remove shadows which can add to the trickiness.

Monk destroys this month, as expected. You can probably just go with one DD monk and it will die in literal seconds. It's a joke at this point.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2020-06-11 02:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to set up react for the boiling over? I just never see it in chat log
 Asura.Chevalios
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2020-06-11 03:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always found the combo light elemental Monoceros and dark based undead in this ambuscade an odd combo.

Like as if there could be some kind of gimmick in it where you can point the conal lance move from the Monoceros at the Dullahan and shoot it but people have never figured it out. The pony has only a few moves: Heal himself, charge his ***and shoot and the dullahan has moves that tell you that hitting it is not a good idea Gotta admit.... it's an SE thing to do. Can you sleep the dullahan with lullaby?
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-06-11 03:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chevalios said: »
I've always found the combo light elemental Monoceros and dark based undead in this ambuscade an odd combo.

I saw it as kind of a "headless horseman" combo myself.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-06-11 05:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep but as has been said the first part with the two targets can be rough when Issekigan falls.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-11 05:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

well, just getting some practice in on E, building TP on the horse, WSing the dulla. Horse Dies too fast, then that lovely move that miga can eat but wipes the rest of the party. I will have to do some more research.

The horse lance I can straight up ignore.
By Mrgrim 2020-06-11 07:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I told people this before the patch and got laughs. Migawari is really good for it, but keep in mind tanking two monsters can br challenging for random ninjas. Also, Dullahan can remove shadows which can add to the trickiness.

Monk destroys this month, as expected. You can probably just go with one DD monk and it will die in literal seconds. It's a joke at this point.

Speaking of mnk, here's how I'm currently killing with MNK, this strategy is rather dangerous since I just punch through boiling over phase and stun nether castigations. Songs were HM VM Madrigal Dirge. Have the Tank run away after HM and VM so he dont get hit by dirge and you will be golden. Another thing that helps out greatly is silencing dullahan, a whm with decent enfeeble set should b able to land reliably with tropical crepe.

Shout out to Ruau on reminding me about shell crusher!

PS: Hook my alt Damavik who's currently stranded on Asura and help him get some ambu pts!

edit: Dullahan did not boil over at all on this video

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Draylo 2020-06-11 08:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Check ya damn messages!
[+]
By ksoze 2020-06-11 08:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
Speaking of mnk, here's how I'm currently killing with MNK, this strategy is rather dangerous since I just punch through boiling over phase and stun nether castigations. Songs were HM VM Madrigal Dirge. Have the Tank run away after HM and VM so he dont get hit by dirge and you will be golden. Another thing that helps out greatly is silencing dullahan, a whm with decent enfeeble set should b able to land reliably with tropical crepe.

I can't see your stun reason but it looks like you are stunning more then "nether castigations" is that true? and if so don't you risk building resistance?

stun + subtle blow method looks pretty solid
By Mrgrim 2020-06-11 08:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

He did not boil over at all on this video; he only did tp spikes which made me switch to pony. Although when it boils over I just keep punching it since it takes like a minute or so for him to do his retaliatory move, and the GEO is on standby on stuns. Only thing we stun is just nether castigation, and maybe eisenschneider. The stuns you see mostly going off are the RUN's stun, I don't think my GEO stunned anything at all on that video.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-11 08:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You can just bring a summoner instead for mew if you want to avoid the stun part. If tank is paladin, there's no way it can gain any TP if sepulcher is used. One mew would be enough to handle the Dullahan
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-11 16:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Videos:
NIN + Range VD Method (link to melee method in description)
The narration, so calm, so professional, haha. This gonna be my setup if I can work it heh. /Run better than /drk?

I was doing E, no problems keeping hate or surviving, aside from party wipe hah. Not very friendly to trusts though.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-11 17:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

/RUN was my preference the last time I did this using a ranged method; while Malignance is a thing now, I don't see that changing my preference
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-11 17:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose on high difficulty the light resistance/en damage helps?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-11 17:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The resistance and damage reduction are a large part of it, yes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-11 17:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotcha, thanks, don't have a ton of /run experience yet.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-11 17:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
run igeo smn smn = VD dead in 20 secs

Would you mind elaborating please and ty?!
By Crossbones 2020-06-11 18:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN burn. Elaboration is complete.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-11 18:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There's nothing to elaborate on.

1) bring smns
2) use smns
3) profit
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-06-11 18:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Jdove said: »
run igeo smn smn = VD dead in 20 secs

Would you mind elaborating please and ty?!

Never done it but I’ll try to actually answer.

I’d assume with only 2 SMN they’d need to be pretty well-geared. Use ifrit flaming crush with geo frailty and indi maliase. Position the avatars opposite ends of each other and the run so if one pulls hate the other avatar is still dealing damage. Switch to indi torpor and ramuh for pony and slowly finish him off.

I guess you could do indi torpor with ramuh instead of ifrit. Just looked up a video from last year that did this route.
[+]
By missdivine 2020-06-11 18:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

just need to get off when it's boiling ill try to do this with all pup
First Page 2 3 4 5 6