Orc Ambuscade V1
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-06 10:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
How are you guys avoiding the charm on D/VD?

I can get the adds down no problem, then my blu gets charmed and smokes my party lol.

Dont kill bst pet until bst is dead, and reset the aura on the main boss when it goes up (generally leave tank + 1 DD on main boss full time for this reason)

I adjust bard to do double light carols and charm missed everytime.

Bluemage spamming entomb > floe > sleep > crush > entomb

Worked like a charm (no pun intended)

***Sorry forgot to mention im doing BLU strategy. BLU GEO BRD COR WHM RDM

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-06 10:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Maybe, but BLU has several advantage that make him way better for this.

1. Magic damage is lass hate, so its easier for BLU to not get hate
2. You dont need to position to hit with blu AoE. Range is huge and it's a circle, not a very narrow rectangle.
3. Every AoE has a very good additional effect that make this way simpler. All mobs are getting stunned, terrored, petrified back to back and have -20% attack down on them. I bet that helps a lot when most of them 1hr at the same time eventually.
4. They are getting hit by around 20-40k damage per cast. You can probably match that with SAM spamming Sonic, but probably you wont beat it and you wont have all above benefits.

It actually opens up a potential for some lowman, because BLU can probably tank boss while keeping Adds petrified and doing damage to them at the same time.
The enmity generation for magic dmg and physical dmg are identical. Although there are some exceptions to this. But if you're talking about AoE BLU nukes, vs melee/ws or AoE Physical WS then there is no difference in the dmg dealt to enmity gnerated ratio there.

The typical exceptions are,
-Magical WS. These do generate less enmity than normal. Apparently they use the base dmg of the WS before dSTAT and MAB/Affinity/weather for the enmity value.
-Magic Bursts. These generate vastly reduced enmity. But the exact reduction has never been quantified.
-Select WS of either variety that specifically reference their enmity properties. (Coronach, Namas Arrow, Wildfire.)

So free nukes(non MB) and physical dmg are on equal footing in terms of point of dmg to point of enmity ratio.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-04-06 12:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

After doing a few runs this morning, I think I enjoy going BLU/BLM and opening with ES Silent Storm > Unbridled Droning Whirlwind. Dispels everything's buffs and makes sure they can't even attempt to reapply anything (aside from Warcry). Lets me be lazy.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-04-06 13:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
After doing a few runs this morning, I think I enjoy going BLU/BLM and opening with ES Silent Storm > Unbridled Droning Whirlwind. Dispels everything's buffs and makes sure they can't even attempt to reapply anything (aside from Warcry). Lets me be lazy.
but what about MG?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-04-06 13:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't need it, really.

Depends on the jobs you bring, though. If you got people with Daybreaks then you could just Dispelga spam instead and use your Unbridled on MG, but I tri-box BLU BRD WHM and that's the easiest way for me to get stuff under control quickly.
By SimonSes 2020-04-06 13:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
The enmity generation for magic dmg and physical dmg are identical. Although there are some exceptions to this. But if you're talking about AoE BLU nukes, vs melee/ws or AoE Physical WS then there is no difference in the dmg dealt to enmity gnerated ratio there.

The typical exceptions are,
-Magical WS. These do generate less enmity than normal. Apparently they use the base dmg of the WS before dSTAT and MAB/Affinity/weather for the enmity value.
-Magic Bursts. These generate vastly reduced enmity. But the exact reduction has never been quantified.
-Select WS of either variety that specifically reference their enmity properties. (Coronach, Namas Arrow, Wildfire.)

So free nukes(non MB) and physical dmg are on equal footing in terms of point of dmg to point of enmity ratio.

Thx for explanation. I was under impression it worked like magic WS. Good to be corrected and know better!
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-04-06 14:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

You do this on VD?
You can survive that long with everything on you (cure spam?) or you actually mix crowd control in while doing Silent Storm and Droning?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-04-06 14:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I go with a party of 6, so there's a tank. Sorry if "I tri-box BLU BRD WHM" made it seem like I was doing it with trusts filling the other slots.
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-04-07 05:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven’t seen this mentioned but you can bypass invincible by stunning the boss right before and pushing it down fast enough. RUN with a macc set can stun reliably.(credit to Hiep)
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-07 11:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing VD now on blue mage

BLU WHM COR BRD RDM GEO

run right into the middle and sleep.

geo malaise/vex/attunement
cor samurai/fighters
bard march/mad/lightcarolx2
whm auspice/boostint/barfira/baramnesra
rdm debuffs

engage the boss on blue and spam 1K sanguine blades. Entomb every time it's cooldown is ready. 15 minute clears... no charm at all.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-07 11:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

15 minute clears...
F.I.F.T.E.E.N.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-04-07 11:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

15 minute clears...
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-04-07 11:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's been said yet, but a friend and I (5box) are doing 10m VD runs with this setup:

Run/war
Drg/sam
Geo/rdm
Brd/nin
Cor/nin
Whm/sch

Lullaby adds, drg spams leg sweep on blm and drk to keep em stun locked and zerg everything else.

Wilt/frailty entrust fury. Honor/victory/minuet5/madrigal5,sam/fighters rolls.
 Asura.Zekie
Server: Asura
By Asura.Zekie 2020-04-07 11:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My ls members and I tried BLU strategy. It was very successful. It took us 7 mins to clear. GEO pulled a BST pet away from the group, and then BLU/COR focused on BLM to kill first.

After that, BLU spams Entomb/Spectral Floe. Geo used dispelga to take shells down from mobs. It’s easy and fast.

Edit: GEO used Malaise/Acumen/Entrust Attunement. Cor/bard buffs are the same you would use for melee. No need to use light carols.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-07 11:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing VD now on blue mage

BLU WHM COR BRD RDM GEO

run right into the middle and sleep.

cor samurai/fighters
bard march/mad/lightcarolx2
whm auspice/boostint/barfira/baramnesra
rdm debuffs

engage the boss on blue and spam 1K sanguine blades. Entomb every time it's cooldown is ready. 15 minute clears... no charm at all.

12 minutes that time and I forgot bolster.
By malakef 2020-04-07 12:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If it is taking more than 6 minutes with the blu start might as well go back to the regular strat of just super buff DD with cor watching the aura. If we didn’t have to wait through 3 invincible this wouldn’t even take that long..
YouTube Video Placeholder
By SimonSes 2020-04-07 13:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jp video shows blu strategy and it takes 2min56sec total including 15 sec loading zone and buffs. So its not BLU strategy that is slow, but some people not doing it optimally. He soloed VD on BLU in 15 min.
By malakef 2020-04-07 13:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that’s kind of my point though if you’re (not you but the general groups) blu strat ain’t working just do the old one cause 15 minutes for Vd is dumb. It’s not like 6 minutes is that long.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-04-07 13:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Saviour said: »
Where can I find this video?
Jp video shows blu strategy and it takes 2min56sec total including 15 sec loading zone and buffs. So its not BLU strategy that is slow, but some people not doing it optimally. He soloed VD on BLU in 15 min.

First page. Come on this thread is not that long.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-04-07 20:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Applesmash said: »
I haven’t seen this mentioned but you can bypass invincible by stunning the boss right before and pushing it down fast enough. RUN with a macc set can stun reliably.(credit to Hiep)
Can confirm this. Using Stun on BLU/BLM lands and gets it to bypass Invincible. Only tried Sudden Lunge once, but got resisted.
By Afania 2020-04-08 07:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
Yeah that’s kind of my point though if you’re (not you but the general groups) blu strat ain’t working just do the old one cause 15 minutes for Vd is dumb. It’s not like 6 minutes is that long.

The reason why BLU strategy is preferred is because it's somewhat tough to land silence on reaver in mediocre MACC set. Then dreadspikes will kill people, that slows down kill speed even more. I think duelist also has shock spikes?

You can TP on other mobs then WS on reaver but switching targets also slows down kill speed. May as well just cleave without hitting these things.

In your video silence seems to land and you TP in 1 hand weapon anyways, so dreadspikes is not really an issue.
By Afania 2020-04-08 08:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why people has been reporting much slower run than the JP video is because their setup was not identical to JP setup.

In the video, they used:

1) Indi frailty, geo malaise, entrust Indi acumen. So all 3 bubbles should be DD bubbles.

It seems that everybody that needed 7+ min used defensive bubbles, which is probably not a requirement, and kill speed will slow down.

Asura.Zekie said: »
Edit: GEO used Malaise/Acumen/Entrust Attunement. Cor/bard buffs are the same you would use for melee. No need to use light carols.

2) They skipped cor in their set-up and had a MNK hitting really hard on the boss. By the time adds were done boss were at 30% HP already. Having the DD take down significant amount of HP on boss before cleves are done is crucial for fast runs.

I think cor is still a good choice for this slot with rolls, but frailty can't be skipped because DD needs it.

3) They finished buffing in less than 1 min. You would be surprised at how many BRDs out there needs more than 1 min to finish buffs.

4) Daybreak dispelga is extremely fast when it comes to removing shell on all mobs. If shell isn't removed immediately cleave speed will slow down.
By malakef 2020-04-08 08:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Silence was easily landed by our whm every single time. We did that fight the exact same way like 7 times in a row. The one handed tp thing is a side project of videos I’m working on for how stupid overpowered the sword/fencer combo is.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-08 09:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Silence was easily landed by our whm every single time

Actually I had a question about this, I brought my RDM in for one VD group and ended up going through Immunobreaks before getting the Warlock, Duelist and Reaver silenced, what gives?

Afania said: »
You can TP on other mobs then WS on reaver but switching targets also slows down kill speed. May as well just cleave without hitting these things.

Might depend on practice and/or familiarity with TP Switching. I use this method exclusively in this Ambu to avoid Spikes and often will 3-Step the mobs with no problem at all. I play Controller so it might be easier to transition? Can’t imagine what you’d have to do on Keyboard to switch. But once you get it down, it’s not really a loss, hell with a macro set with <stnpc> you can have your WSs command prompt on target and ready to go and as soon as you get TP, Shoot it.
By Wotasu 2020-04-08 09:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Silence was easily landed by our whm every single time

Actually I had a question about this, I brought my RDM in for one VD group and ended up going through Immunobreaks before getting the Warlock, Duelist and Reaver silenced, what gives?

I have good gear for my whm and it takes me 1-3 casts, most times 2 immunobreaks, rarely 1st cast.
By malakef 2020-04-08 09:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The whm in our group is absolutely BIS so I can’t really comment on any differences you see or where the threshold for MACC lies. You can tell though that the drk wasn’t silenced in the video I did since it cast dreadspikes and we turned and the cor just dark shot dispelled it. If you aren’t as fast with this stuff and your party members are not as on the ball then yeah I’d just tp on others and WS on the drk. This is month there isn’t a wrong way just different levels of fast ways.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.