Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-04-03 13:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yeah said: »
If more people did this, they would release another expansion, I guarantee they would.

Their "Plans" will change for sure.
I've been preaching that sermon for 5 years, they don't listen.
Are you saying you dont play XI, and havent played for 5 years? Well ***son:

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Why are you hear of all places, Monthly Update, if you don't play this game since 2017?
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Why are you hear of all places, Monthly Update, if you don't play this game since 2017?

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
You haven't played since 2015 my dude- the *** are you even doing with your life
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 13:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone knows why I still log in to XI

You however, legitimately question what you're doing back.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2020-04-03 13:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda wanted to point out that Deeds of Heroism is far from the only activity in the game that locks access behind an extended amount of time. This game has always forcibly prevented grinding progression on current content, and even leaves it partially in place to varying degrees on older content as well. Besides the six months it takes to complete SoA content to unlock Ygnas (as someone else already mentioned), all of the time-gated content like Dynamis Divergence and Omen works the same. At minimum, it's going to take half a month to unlock upgrading relic armor per job and 1.5-2 months to fully upgrade AF at 4-5 Omen cards per day. It's not exactly the same as 18/24 months, but the concept isn't new.

We don't know how many more WSs the KIs will unlock yet. It could be only 1 per KI. Even if the two combine to allow you to max all of the WSs, how many people are regularly using several of the merit WSs without an Aeonic except for situational purposes, like Requiescat to break Caturae sheilds or opening a SC for a higher damage closer? It would easily take less than 2 years to complete all of the Aeonics and render the unlocks moot.

What's more surprising to me is the fact they wasted an entire year of rewards on Sinister Reign since the content is old and less difficult than a lot of the newer HTMBs, and very few of the drops are competitive compared to items more quickly available through Ambuscade or Domain Invasion. Unless the decanters guarantee a fully-augmented weapon/armor drop, it seems very mediocre.

That said, the gil bags from the first 7 months were laughable as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-04-03 13:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You sell gil, which means you dont even play XI for entertainment. Why do you give a ***about timegates then that dont affect you?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 13:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

You sell gil, which means you dont even play XI for entertainment. Why do you give a ***about timegates then that dont affect you?

I still care about stupid ***that drives customers away. And I would play again if they fixed those dumbshit things. (it would take a whole lot of fixes and a direct apology for their *** up(s), but still!)
 Quetzalcoatl.Divinius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Divinius
By Quetzalcoatl.Divinius 2020-04-03 13:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
With the over-abundance of home points where you can set your spot almost anywhere these days, slowing down MH exits for an option that's less than a 5 second walk away was a waste. If you want your HP at a mog house, use the related homepoint that is right next to it.
Given that the MH is the only place you can insta-logout, adding another 5 seconds to navigate from even the closest home point is going to be really annoying.

Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic when I saw that they removed that insanely annoying pop-up. I've hated that feature since launch. But I ALWAYS set my homepoint right at the MH exit, so that I can pop into my MH instantly after warping home. The prompt was garbage and I'm glad it's gone, but the option is still desired. They just need to either put it in the menu of the MH NPCs so it can still be done, or maybe just move all the nearest home point crystals to RIGHT outside the house, instead of 5-10 second walk away.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-04-03 14:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I still care about stupid ***that drives customers away. And I would play again if they fixed those dumbshit things. (it would take a whole lot of fixes and a direct apology for their *** up(s), but still!)

You dont give a ***about SE's customers, you give a ***about YOUR customers.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-03 14:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Divinius said: »
With the over-abundance of home points where you can set your spot almost anywhere these days, slowing down MH exits for an option that's less than a 5 second walk away was a waste. If you want your HP at a mog house, use the related homepoint that is right next to it.
Given that the MH is the only place you can insta-logout, adding another 5 seconds to navigate from even the closest home point is going to be really annoying.

Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic when I saw that they removed that insanely annoying pop-up. I've hated that feature since launch. But I ALWAYS set my homepoint right at the MH exit, so that I can pop into my MH instantly after warping home. The prompt was garbage and I'm glad it's gone, but the option is still desired. They just need to either put it in the menu of the MH NPCs so it can still be done, or maybe just move all the nearest home point crystals to RIGHT outside the house, instead of 5-10 second walk away.

I'm just enjoying this comment I'm about to make in regards to your statement. Please don't take any of it personally- this is just taking advantage of an opportunity for a funny :)

....you do realize you're complaining about a 5-10 second walk away in a game many people have been playing for 15 years? ^^
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 14:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They are one in the same! Can't be my customer without being squares customer.
By Matic 2020-04-03 14:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They are one in the same! Can't be my customer without being squares customer.

The phrase is one AND the same. Not trying to be a ***, I'd want someone to tell me if i was saying it wrong too. nothing to see here carry on, stay socially distanced don't touch your face etc
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Divinius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Divinius
By Quetzalcoatl.Divinius 2020-04-03 14:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just enjoying this comment I'm about to make in regards to your statement. Please don't take any of it personally- this is just taking advantage of an opportunity for a funny :)

....you do realize you're complaining about a 5-10 second walk away in a game many people have been playing for 15 years? ^^
Exactly! After another 15 years, all those 5-10 second walks will add up to... Well, probably not much. But STILL!! ^^

I just find it very "on brand" that even when SE finally fixes something that's been annoying people since the start of the game, they can only do it in such a way that will add a new and different (albeit far smaller) annoyance.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 14:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just find it very "on brand" that even when SE finally fixes something that's been annoying people since the start of the game, they can only do it in such a way that will add a new and different (albeit far smaller) annoyance.
THE TRUTH! They just insist on little annoyances for not good reason.

Why is yes the static answer for one NPC but the upper or lower choice for a dozen other NPCs? To annoy you.

Why are some choices confirmed but not all? Annoyance.

Why does the Ephemeral moogle take single crystals but only give back clusters? Annoyance. Why do clusters exist at all instead of stack to 99? Annoyance.
By Dazusu 2020-04-03 15:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah said: »
If more people did this, they would release another expansion, I guarantee they would.

Their "Plans" will change for sure.
I've been preaching that sermon for 5 years, they don't listen.

I'd bet on them discontinuing service as a result of declining subscription if the other option was "announce an expansion"
By Pantafernando 2020-04-03 16:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do clusters exist at all instead of stack to 99? Annoyance.

I disagree with this particularly. Being stackable to 99 isnt just a QoL decision but also depend on production.

For example, i think it was a major mistake stacking alluvion skirmish stones to 99. So, intead having low supply of stacks we have no stack at all because none farm it reliably to gather 99 of a single type to put in market. Aside 99 on skirmish stons is too much already.

Crystals are fine to stack at 99. 99 Cluster i think is too much. 12 cluster is fine.
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-04-03 17:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 99 problems but earth crystals ain't one.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-04 00:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Furyspawn said: »
Kinda wanted to point out that Deeds of Heroism is far from the only activity in the game that locks access behind an extended amount of time. This game has always forcibly prevented grinding progression on current content, and even leaves it partially in place to varying degrees on older content as well. Besides the six months it takes to complete SoA content to unlock Ygnas (as someone else already mentioned), all of the time-gated content like Dynamis Divergence and Omen works the same. At minimum, it's going to take half a month to unlock upgrading relic armor per job and 1.5-2 months to fully upgrade AF at 4-5 Omen cards per day. It's not exactly the same as 18/24 months, but the concept isn't new.

We don't know how many more WSs the KIs will unlock yet. It could be only 1 per KI. Even if the two combine to allow you to max all of the WSs, how many people are regularly using several of the merit WSs without an Aeonic except for situational purposes, like Requiescat to break Caturae sheilds or opening a SC for a higher damage closer? It would easily take less than 2 years to complete all of the Aeonics and render the unlocks moot.

What's more surprising to me is the fact they wasted an entire year of rewards on Sinister Reign since the content is old and less difficult than a lot of the newer HTMBs, and very few of the drops are competitive compared to items more quickly available through Ambuscade or Domain Invasion. Unless the decanters guarantee a fully-augmented weapon/armor drop, it seems very mediocre.

That said, the gil bags from the first 7 months were laughable as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Literally everyone should be using their merit WS for either skillchains or damage, depending. Dragoon and ninja are the only jobs where your aeonic is BiS and theres little/no reason to use anything else. Everyone else needs to actually 5/5 their merit WS in order to play the job at the highest level (barring mages), and good luck if you want to play more jobs than just 3 (or are warrior, who has more options than can be obtained)

The only reason people dont use their merit WSs more is directly because its a massive pain in the *** to swap them around, so people generally dont merit the weaker ones, which leads to you not having crucial skillchain properties.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-04-04 01:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You’re acting like the difference between 5/5 and 3/5 merits is astronomical. It’s 3% to the stat mod per merit level. Also, if you’re using Aeonic, it puts that potency at 5/5 without even needing a merit. Your gear choices are a lot more important than those 2 extra levels.
By geigei 2020-04-04 02:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Literally everyone should be using their merit WS for either skillchains or damage
Not really, no.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-04 04:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Literally everyone should be using their merit WS for either skillchains or damage
Not really, no.

Yes, really. If you arent, youre intentionally hurting your options and output of both yourself and your group.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-04 04:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
You’re acting like the difference between 5/5 and 3/5 merits is astronomical. It’s 3% to the stat mod per merit level. Also, if you’re using Aeonic, it puts that potency at 5/5 without even needing a merit. Your gear choices are a lot more important than those 2 extra levels.

Again, there are only 2 jobs that will always be using aeonic, so its not an argument to say "just use aeonic 4head"

The difference between 1/5 and 5/5 is very, very large. And the difference between 0/5 and 5/5 is even having the option at all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-04-04 04:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Which jobs use an aeonic "always"?

I suppose DRG is one.

In context of merit WS..
Idk about DRG, you would still probably use Stardiver with different weapons.

DNC, THF for sure tho.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-04 05:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose DRG is one.

DRG is the only one that for sure 100% uses aeonic over anything else (barring cleaving, shining one might edge out for sonic thrust). Ninja is the other that will almost always use aeonic, but SU5 still has use cases.

Every other job has another DREAMA weapon that has a lot of use case, or just simply doesnt use aeonic.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-04 05:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I suppose DRG is one.

In context of merit WS..

DNC, THF for sure tho.

I rarely use Aeonic on THF. Twashtar-15 and Taiming/Tauret unless dicking around or something then I’ll use Centovente offhand.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-04 07:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is my book is when the next login campaign for Aby Empy items will be.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-04 07:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been so long, I've been waiting :(
By SimonSes 2020-04-04 07:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

I suppose DRG is one.

In context of merit WS..

DNC, THF for sure tho.

I rarely use Aeonic on THF. Twashtar-15 and Taiming/Tauret unless dicking around or something then I’ll use Centovente offhand.

Yeah, THF doesn't always use Aeneas. Even you propose how good Tauret can be Simon. I use Tauret and evis spam for some things

I think you guys missing the point. Its not about who use Aeonic, but who use merit WS only with Aeonic and this is what I meant (and why I wrote "In context of merit WSs.."). DNC and THF will only use Exentrator with Aeonic.

DRG will still use Stardiver with other weapons because it still useful WS even without Trishula.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-04-04 09:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

I suppose DRG is one.

In context of merit WS..

DNC, THF for sure tho.

Yeah, THF doesn't always use Aeneas. Even you propose how good Tauret can be Simon. I use Tauret and evis spam for some things

I think you guys missing the point. Its not about who use Aeonic, but who use merit WS only with Aeonic and this is what I meant (and why I wrote "In context of merit WSs.."). DNC and THF will only use Exentrator with Aeonic.

DRG will still use Stardiver with other weapons because it still useful WS even without Trishula.

Thf will use Exen without aeonic to skillchain
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-04 09:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. aka; not optimally (*)situationally (**)suboptimaly

THF isn't going to do exe > rudra > evis > rudra with twashtar/vajra/tauret
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8