Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-29 18:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
There is actually an alarming amount of racism drumming up here towards China/Chinese. Which means most Asians as people can't tell the difference here.
Don't you know that every asian eats bats and has corona?

Japanese? Chinese bat eaters.
Taiwanese? Chinese bat eaters.
Vietnamese? Chinese bat eaters.
Korean? Chinese bat eaters.
Ever eaten Chinese food? You've got corona.
Work next to a Chinese restaurant? You've got corona.
Have Chinese people in your apartment? You've got corona.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2020-03-29 18:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of asian people in my area that some have been getting accused of being chinese, although we're hmong. Some great stuff happening in america as of late. I kinda don't want to actually punch anyone right now if one were to approach me that way.

But anyway, to those who haven't been doing this already. There's a way you can help contribute with your gaming pc's if you aren't doing anything, to help doctors find cures for this with folding.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-29 18:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
But do you eat bats?
Glenn did xDD

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2020-03-29 18:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

But do you eat bats?

By Draylo 2020-03-29 18:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That only applies to people that had a legit job before this thing started. A lot of people are lower income individuals, a lot illegal, they are not gonna get anything from that. You can't file for unemployment unless you had a job on the books etc. I can see that building up into a big problem if it lasts into May, its just one of the things I was thinking about. I also don't even know how that works out with people that are self-employed.

I personally am good as I have a lot in savings, credit cards with high limits, etc. It just sucks given I live here and am losing out on a lot of potential money everyday this continues. I'm sure they'll keep NYC on lockdown a lot longer than most states... There are even some states that are looking for any "fleeing NYers", how crazy is that? lol

Then we are also gonna see a lot of long lingering issues even after this ends. Business won't be the same!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-29 18:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

https://nypost.com/2020/03/29/rhode-island-begins-door-to-door-checks-for-new-yorkers-fleeing-coronavirus/
By Viciouss 2020-03-29 18:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I had seen that Cuomo was pushing back on RI's behavior, I believe one of her EO's was repealed?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-29 18:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo repealed an order for the police to stop only cars crossing the border with license plates from New York, the epicenter of the nation’s coronavirus outbreak.

Quote:
Instead, she’ll require all cars, regardless of origin, entering from the state’s southern border from Connecticut and three key highway locations to pull over. There, all visitors will be told they need to self-quarantine for 14 days -- a reflection of the divide and fear around the nation over the virus’s rapid spread.
By Draylo 2020-03-29 19:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a trip planned to Mexico next week.. around my bday. This virus ruined everything!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-29 19:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Should've fled when you had the chance, they're gonna blow up NYC literally just like raccoon city
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-29 19:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

This guy lives across the street from me, I've seen him a few times walking his huge dog.

He has that guy on his channel today.

5:45, talks about younger people
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-29 19:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Give Bear treats. (Roxy too)
By Draylo 2020-03-29 20:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen that husky on his channel in a while, I thought it passed away.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-29 20:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno, didn't want to look it up (last thing I see is Roxy lives with his dad now)

More treats for Bear
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-03-29 20:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got this? This is going to be tricky...

Running out of condoms due to demand growing into double digits

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-30 04:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally, and I mean this literally. Nothing will change.

As soon as it's ok to be a heathen again it all goes out the *** window.

Said it a week ago, same song and dance. The world's greatest learning opportunity and America specifically, won't learn jack ***. "we" never do, tried and tested results. Money over people.

Can't speak for the other countries but I'll bet it's the same.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-30 04:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Protections were in place, our idiot-in-chief thought they weren't necessary.

Guess what the very first thing he'll do after the "all clear" is; cut cdc funding. Fire Fauchi. Fire Birx. For disrespecting supreme leader. "a pandemic like that will never happen, we need to save that money for the market. We can get them back if we need them"

I don't want to get overly political but summers gonna hit we're all going to feel great and then bam wave 2. trump will ban voting because of the new lockdown and elect himself king for the good of the nation.

(I would however love it if no more touching strangers stayed. No more handshakes would be like Christmas every day of the year)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-30 05:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a little truth in both your thoughts, @kireek and @eiryl.

-we will be a less social society, but not with logic behind it. You'll still unquestionably hug your family/friends because for some reason knowing someone's name makes them safe in people's eyes...but will fear even eye contact with someone you don't know.

-just as a "new reality" was created in travel post-9/11, there will be some things that become the new normal...and I do think delivery services for things such as groceries will become much more popular, and Amazon will gain at least a short-term bump (at least a year).

-the changes in stadium seating was a very interesting thought. The at-home experience for sports has already superseded the in-stadium one, outside of nostalgia of famous locales. The modern stadium even struggles to create a memorable stadium experience. It takes things like Grandpa's stories of Wrigley Field or The Horseshoe or Yankee Stadium....no one will care to go to the newest corporately named building, they barely do already :)

-NOTHING will be done regarding the homeless. It won't be seen as a great social benefit, it'll be seen as something we can't fund due to all the catastrophic effects on the economy and infrastructure.

-increased working from home probably sticks around. Businesses will be looking for ways to cut costs, and office space would be a less painful and less public-arousing way to do it. So you'll have the combined argument for it of health safety and cost. Makes one wonder about schools. The classroom experience is vital to that learning process, but its going to be difficult to do so, in particular for scholastic sports, PE, arts/music classes- places where there are larger numbers in enclosed areas combined with increased contamination chances....think about a band room full of 70 woodwind and brass players breathing deeply, emptying spit valves, soaking reeds...its a freakin petri dish.

-I can see a drive for more self-sustaining countries, and less of a reliance on a global market...until people start realizing how much that will cost. But it will be interesting to see how much clamouring there will be for blackballing of China- again until the world sees they can't afford it.

Changes? I'm sure. How much actually becomes permanent changes? No way to know for sure yet. I do find it interesting that in 10 pages its gone from "not as bad as the flu" to "permanent changes to our way of life".
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-03-30 08:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to be one to promote conspiracy theories... but.. if you were China and you wanted to release a bioweapon it would look less suspicious if you released it on your own citizens and had some deaths first, but secretly have the means to control it. I wouldn't put this past the CPC either.
You called me a "dangerous idiot" for even daring to ask if this was a possibility.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-03-30 09:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Probably 50% defective like everything else they are donating.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-30 09:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Probably 50% defective like everything else they are donating.

/tinfoilhaton

nah, just pre-laced with it.

/tinfoilhatoff
By Drayco 2020-03-30 09:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

-increased working from home probably sticks around. Businesses will be looking for ways to cut costs, and office space would be a less painful and less public-arousing way to do it. So you'll have the combined argument for it of health safety and cost. Makes one wonder about schools. The classroom experience is vital to that learning process, but its going to be difficult to do so, in particular for scholastic sports, PE, arts/music classes- places where there are larger numbers in enclosed areas combined with increased contamination chances....think about a band room full of 70 woodwind and brass players breathing deeply, emptying spit valves, soaking reeds...its a freakin petri dish.

I work in the engineering field as a mechanical designer. I previously worked for GM and I now work for a smaller local company.

I've said for years that there is absolutely no reason I should ever have to go into an office to do my job. Almost all of my communication happens via Teams/Skype/Outlook. I've said that telecommuting is going to be the future, but I'll be retired before it ever is implemented. I'm rethinking that position after all this Covid-19 nonsense.

It just doesn't make sense for companies to spend millions on office space, office decor, and all the overhead that comes with a building. It all boils down to a trust issue between employer and employee. I really hope this is the start of the death of the office.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 129 130 131