Any English Speakers Still Alive?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Any english speakers still alive?
Any english speakers still alive?
First Page 2
By Axciom 2020-02-23 20:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

After 3 years I've come back, and put some feelers out to no avail.

Anyone still playing on carby that wants to pick up lil ole me? decently geared whm/blm/blu. Will eventually have some friends coming back...once we find some collaboration!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-02-24 01:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you always so negative, DirectX? Don't you feel good when you have positive thoughts.
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2020-02-24 01:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, your best bet is server transfer - carbuncle being my original server till last year too. Its just a ghost town with mostly jp players.

Asura has some pros/cons but thats where I ended up. Pretty sure there are some other servers too that at least has some english / NA population.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-24 02:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yottaxa said: »
Asura has some pros/cons but thats where I ended up. Pretty sure there are some other servers too that at least has some english / NA population.
Yeah, generally you 'end up' on asura. It's not someones first choice.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-24 06:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Phoenix.Erics said: »
It is for many. The only reasons to be on any server other than Asura:
1. 'but muh character name means so much to meh!'
Get a grip, it's a video game. No-one really knows you are and if they do they'll adapt to your new name quickly.
2. 'I don't want to deal with new people'
Your issues are deeper than ffxi and no-one who wants to play an mmo wants to play with your antisocial *** anyway.
3. 'my fwends' won't move'
If your three friends won't move despite facing the same struggle to get ***done then you can keep your incestous circle on your backwards server. You won't be constructive here either.
4. 'people yell things in town'
If you spend all your time in town then you're doing it wrong. If you can't stand a bit of background noise while you afk in a queue then you're probably autistic (see #2)
5. 'teh queues are huge'
Not really. Exaggeration of this comes mostly from people who have never played on Asura.
6. 'Dynamis lags more on Asura'
Hundreds of people manage to accomplish it twice a week, even if true the ***lags elsewhere anyway but at least here you have many options of groups to go with and times you can go at.

I was going to stay out of the drama, but wow. You are really an insufferably miserable sod.

If people like their server, regardless of the reasoning, let them be happy. Leave them alone, it doesn't affect you.
[+]
By Numquam 2020-02-24 07:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I forget how the damn thing works. Asura sucks. Its hard to do things because people think its normal that you solo everything with trusts and stuff that can't be soloed is merc'd.
 Carbuncle.Msoc
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Msoc 2020-02-24 09:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk to Tace or Iszo both seem to run pretty active shells.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-24 09:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura was my third choice. You can hop around on dead servers they are all the same.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-24 10:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you spend all your time in town then you're doing it wrong. If you can't stand a bit of background noise while you afk in a queue then you're probably autistic (see #2)

Or you can just turn on shout and yell filters and the background noise goes away entirely. Honestly I never understood why people were bothered by this one.
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2020-02-24 11:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
5. 'teh queues are huge'
Not really. Exaggeration of this comes mostly from people who have never played on Asura.

I thought Asura was known for having people log on to their 18 mules and solo queue them for ambu with auto enter. then go afk and grab some food

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2020-02-24 12:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
DirectX said: »
It is for many. The only reasons to be on any server other than Asura:
1. 'but muh character name means so much to meh!'
Get a grip, it's a video game. No-one really knows you are and if they do they'll adapt to your new name quickly.
2. 'I don't want to deal with new people'
Your issues are deeper than ffxi and no-one who wants to play an mmo wants to play with your antisocial *** anyway.
3. 'my fwends' won't move'
If your three friends won't move despite facing the same struggle to get ***done then you can keep your incestous circle on your backwards server. You won't be constructive here either.
5. 'teh queues are huge'
6. 'Dynamis lags more on Asura'
Hundreds of people manage to accomplish it twice a week, even if true the ***lags elsewhere anyway but at least here you have many options of groups to go with and times you can go at.

I was going to stay out of the drama, but wow. You are really an insufferably miserable sod.

If people like their server, regardless of the reasoning, let them be happy. Leave them alone, it doesn't affect you.

Lol I wouldn't even waste time.

Only a narcissist will think their opinion is "truth". You aren't going to convince them that their opinion is just opinion.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Punchus
Server: Bismarck
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2020-02-24 13:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Many people prefer the lower populated servers for many different reasons. There is nothing I can't get done on Bismarck. The only thing Asura has is a more frequently stocked AH. And all we do to combat this as a LS is put an order together for people and load an alt with max gil and make an Asura run like going to the grocery store. There are other servers with plenty of players still getting things done consistently. Asura isn't the only place to be productive.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Msoc
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Msoc 2020-02-24 17:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, I'm not really sure why anyone would want to be on Asura. All the correct content can be done with small groups but to each his own.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-24 17:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Every specific server thread must discuss about assuran...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-24 17:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If they want to play on ghost towns let em. I just wish they would stop paying square to jump to buy gear. or paying the people that do.

If you like your dead *** server and you like the things as they are, quit paying people to bring you stuff.
By Jetackuu 2020-02-24 17:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still funny that people think anything but assura is dead. Bunch of miserable *** on that overpopulated merchole.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-24 17:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Either you want to move to Asura or you don't. It's that simple. I moved here from Fenrir and I have no regrets because when I left it was a ghost town. My social shell had collapsed, shouts were infrequent and mostly Japaneese, and making connections was tough. I still have a mule on Fenrir with my original character name, and when free login campaigns happen I check in to see how the server population is doing. Last time there were 400 people online during prime hours. And right now the entire chat window for shout history of Asura takes up a 32 minute span, whereas on Fenrir it's currently a full 24 hour period.

You can tote up the smaller servers all you want, and if you like playing there all the more power to ya. I hold no grudges and respect your decision either way. But I play this game for the social atmosphere as much as I do the content, and an active server is conducive to clearing content. There is nothing I could do on Fenrir that I can't do on Asura a lot easier, and usually faster. Even the ambuscade times aren't as bad as people make it seem. I really don't mind waiting 5-10 minutes per entry on most days. If its too congested I just come back later. I play one character. I don't multi-box, and I can appreciate an environment where finding people to do stuff on my time schedule is easy. It's not hard to ignore the troublemakers, and honestly there are far less of them than you may think. For the most part Asura is pretty civil. Just filter the shout garbage and be done with it. There are more nice people here than anywhere else just because there are more people here PERIOD, and the social structure is pretty accomodating.

Lets put this in perspective. At the peak of Aht Urghan and WoTH, IE the end of the lvl 75 era my old server had an average player count of 1800-1900 at peak hours. Right now there are 2580 people on Asura, but I guarantee there are about 400-500 bots in out of the way places farming for shield mats or whatever else it is RMT do nowadays. I wouldn't know, I don't pay attention to them. They're out of sight, and *mostly* out of mind. They aren't actively interfering with me and unless I wanna go on a limit point binge I can forget they even exist. When you filter them out of the "Active" server population suddenly things line up a lot more closely to the olden eras. And lets be frank, computer technology's come a long way since then. I have a fairly modern PC capable of running Final Fantasy 14 smoothly on high settings. This game runs on a toaster in comparison. Lag is ONLY noticeable in dynamis, and even there its not usually that bad for me on most nights.

There may be an argument for playing on smaller servers, but there's also an argument for playing on Asura. Neither are wrong. It's all about your attitude and how you look at it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-02-24 19:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

<JP ONRY>
By Afania 2020-02-24 19:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've asked at least 20+ people "why'd you leave for Asura", and I only ever got 2 answers:

"I don't have friends to play with"
"I don't have a LS" or "I have a LS but it's dead"

Basically, they almost ALWAYS describe a problem that needs to be solved when they answer the question rather than describe a positive that makes it an appealing choice.

I have never heard anyone ever tell me answers like this: "I have a LS on my old server, and it's the best LS ever. I just decided to leave my LS for Asura because I heard Asura is a better server"

If such person exist I'd be interested in meeting them lol.

So yup, all the "pros" of Asura (such as AH, CP party, merc) are just excuses. If these pros outweight LS then you would see people abandon their LS and flock to Asura.

So stop trying to belittle peoples choice to play on a small server lol. Why would people abandon their LS for Asura if current Asurans never done such move?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-24 19:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a bunch of people that went to assura despite having both of those. Guess where every single one of them is now. They quit.

Assura blows and you're dumb if you pay to go there by choice. You go there because you have no choice. And if people stopped bringing you gear on ghost town servers you'd have no choice either.
[+]
First Page 2