Returning Player Question.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Returning player question.
Returning player question.
By Smurfyx 2020-01-21 10:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m thinking about returning and would have to start all over. My questions this. What would you recommend to be the first job to level? I’ve always done warrior or monk. But was wondering
If maybe I should do a mage? Please feel free to comment here or dm. Thanks. I will be coming back on asura as a bastokian!
By apollocry 2020-01-21 11:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever job you're interested in is the job you should play particularly when you're first starting out.

You will be leveling with trusts now, so party composition or invites will be a non issue. Melee jobs probably have an easier time getting up and going over a mage job as leveling will be faster and you don't need to worry about buying spells or anything.

Endgame you will probably have a tough time getting into a group as a fresh 119 anything, but WHM and GEO are fairly easy to gear up low man or solo and every group is looking for them, particularly WHM. This is also server dependent, so your experience may vary but these are the jobs you can get into a group on to then gear up your other jobs.

Once you have one 119 job, you can use trusts to get through story content fairly easily and expand out from there trying different jobs to find what you like.

Edit: Here is a step by step guide on starting out and things to work on: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By apollocry 2020-01-21 11:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Easier to get into stuff as a WHM without Yagrush than GEO without Idris though.

This is true, but mostly an Asura thing from my experience. At least on low population servers you can pretty easily get a group as a Dunna GEO if you're willing to not just bubble and afk.

Edit: Sorry I just saw that this was posted specifically to Asura.
By Smurfyx 2020-01-21 15:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

apollocry said: »
Easier to get into stuff as a WHM without Yagrush than GEO without Idris though.

This is true, but mostly an Asura thing from my experience. At least on low population servers you can pretty easily get a group as a Dunna GEO if you're willing to not just bubble and afk.

I use to play on asura but back in day played on ragnarock this is going back to like the good old days when you actually had to spend hours waiting for a party then 5-10 minutes later half would disband lol.
By Pantafernando 2020-01-21 16:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM maat is the easiest. BLU cleaving capabilities can help in a lot of aspects aside fighting (farming cash, farming items, etc). A pet job is normally very new player friendly as you can leave most of pets out doing the dirty work together with trusts.

Those are some options till farm content lv. After you are used to game, there is no reason to not to level all jobs. Joining a shell normally there will be people offering some leech spot for cleaving (just watch out to not to be banned together with your friend lol).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Smurfyx 2020-01-21 16:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

apollocry said: »

I am sure it stands true wherever. Note that I said easier, not easy.

lol yea i made a trial account make sure i actually wanna get myself into this game again spent lot of my life in it lmao