Packetgate - Results
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 29 30 31
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-11-19 15:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The mimic trick does not work in the AMAN Trove BC.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-19 16:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Nothing to do with the actual mimic or chests like I said before. I gave the answer to it in plain sight on my last post. But once you figure it out there is much more to it.

Either its emote related.... Or youre a troll. Heavily leaning toward troll.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-19 16:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing to do with the actual mimic or chests like I said before. I gave the answer to it in plain sight on my last post. But once you figure it out there is much more to it.
Quote:
It is something already in the game every day that is right in front of you all of the time.
My ***?
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-19 17:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has nothing to do with abilities, spells, emotes or the actual mimic... you guys aren't even close. You will literally do a /facepalm when you figure it out. There is no lua involved, add on or windower... nothing. It can be done on vanilla and is not an exploit, glitch or anything of that nature. It is something already in the game every day that is right in front of you all of the time.

trade a stick of vanilla. we've found it bois!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-19 17:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wave to the chest... the mimic will wave back
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-19 17:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i would be surprised if the mimic gets assigned to a chest when you enter the BCNM. i think its more likely the game does some RNG magic each time you click a chest, maybe based on how many chests are left.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-19 17:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
i would be surprised if the mimic gets assigned to a chest when you enter the BCNM. i think its more likely the game does some RNG magic each time you click a chest, maybe based on how many chests are left.

Im convinced that theres a check that says

If name = Nyaarun

SpawnNM
By clearlyamule 2019-11-19 19:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Has nothing to do with abilities, spells, emotes or the actual mimic... you guys aren't even close. You will literally do a /facepalm when you figure it out. There is no lua involved, add on or windower... nothing. It can be done on vanilla and is not an exploit, glitch or anything of that nature. It is something already in the game every day that is right in front of you all of the time.
I figured it out... what's in front of us all the time is the day/time and the direction... we gotta go back to using the crafting compass!

http://ffxi.lokyst.net/timer2/crafttimer.html
By Shichishito 2019-11-19 19:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

all days associeated with light element you need to click a chest at even times and odd times if the day is associated with dark element.
also keep in mind to only approach the chest from the direction associated with the current day. only exceptions are full and new moon, then everything is reversed.
it all makes sense now!
[+]
By Draylo 2019-11-19 19:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lying, I have not heard of any secret other than luck.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2019-11-19 20:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »

trade a stick of vanilla. we've found it bois!

You laugh, but given some of the other stuff we've seen in this game, would any of us really be that shocked?
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-19 21:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The chain is the key

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 07:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
When you see people shouting to sell high ticket items, it's because they have an army of alts and spam it

Other people make this a supplemental source of income, by mass-buying large amounts of orbs and selling the proceeds. If you invest 300M into Mars orbs, that is 100 tries. Running the exact same pattern and stopping only when you see Loud Thud, you can expect to see a good amount of rare goodies (bodies, regal hands, epam ring, orph sash). If you sell just 3 of these at 100M ea, you will break even on your gamble hustle, Chances are, you'll get a ton more than just that depending on buyers/luck, so you may come out ahead in the long run.

But it is gambling in a sense, so you can also lose a bunch of money going about it this way.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-20 07:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
kireek said: »
When you see people shouting to sell high ticket items, it's because they have an army of alts and spam it

Other people make this a supplemental source of income, by mass-buying large amounts of orbs and selling the proceeds. If you invest 300M into Mars orbs, that is 100 tries. Running the exact same pattern and stopping only when you see Loud Thud, you can expect to see a good amount of rare goodies (bodies, regal hands, epam ring, orph sash). If you sell just 3 of these at 100M ea, you will break even on your gamble hustle, Chances are, you'll get a ton more than just that depending on buyers/luck, so you may come out ahead in the long run.

But it is gambling in a sense, so you can also lose a bunch of money going about it this way.
People are begging to buy Shamash Robe for 350m in shout on Asura, so im sure you could probably get 500m for one if you get it during a peak playtime
By Pantafernando 2019-11-20 07:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Just wave to the chest... the mimic will wave back

Then use Ka-thwack
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-11-20 08:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So many conspiracies about trove my eyes bleeed

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-11-20 10:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

from what ive heard the mimic thing has something to do with coming in at a fast speed flee or w/e and the boxes "light up" then they adjust to draw distance and load. i didnt put much testing into it because i dont like wasting orbs.

Post deleted by User.
By tyalangan 2019-11-20 10:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you flee and hit the gold chest it’s about 30 seconds because it takes into account that cutscene. If you have seen sub 20 seconds they are pos warping to the chest or have beyond flee speed enabled.
By Shichishito 2019-11-20 10:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
from what ive heard the mimic thing has something to do with coming in at a fast speed flee or w/e and the boxes "light up" then they adjust to draw distance and load. i didnt put much testing into it because i dont like wasting orbs.
caerda said it has nothing to do with jobs or abilities and is available in vanilla so at least one of you two is trolling. maybe both.

tyalangan said: »
If you flee and hit the gold chest it’s about 30 seconds because it takes into account that cutscene. If you have seen sub 20 seconds they are pos warping to the chest or have beyond flee speed enabled.
isn't there a addon that runs thru cutscenes quicker? could further reduce cleartime?
By ashcrow 2019-11-20 11:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

will this effect the use of windower?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-20 11:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Doutbtful, we all joke about "they would never" but they really would never.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-20 12:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
isn't there a addon that runs thru cutscenes quicker? could further reduce cleartime?

FastCS will load the BC in about 4 seconds until you can move again. But you still can't make it up that hill faster than 15 seconds without some form of movement enhancement that is non-vanilla native.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-20 12:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't see why it would matter how quickly you get there, they would have to intentionally code something to change how the chest displays

i looked at the data packets filling in the chests info(0x0e and 0x67) and they are identical for every chest aside from position,index,id(obviously they need different positions indices and ids to show up the way they do).. so there is literally nothing client side that would differentiate them because the server isn't giving the client information that could be used to show them differently

tldr; the packets have spoken yall posting in a troll thread
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 29 30 31