Forum » FFXI » General » Golden Shovel Cordon
Golden Shovel Cordon
 Fenrir.Neonegeo
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Neonegeo
By Fenrir.Neonegeo 2019-10-22 08:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize up front but I cant seem to figure it out. Reja Ygridhi says "That's enough for now. Give yourself a scratch on the back. I guess we proved the saying "Curiosity killed the cat" wrong, huh?"
I looked at all the completed quest I have done them all, even made the epo. and idris, RUN and GEO AF, Rel, Emp armor. All Mog garden stuff is rank 7 and all coalition done. Atm just stumped on what to do next. Any advice or help would be appreciated
 Asura.Zidaner
Server: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2019-10-22 08:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Had someone ask me for this last week as well lets hope its the same problem.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/One_Good_Turn...

good luck!
By malakef 2019-10-22 08:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I forget which quest it is but there is one in Eastern adoulin that sometimes gets hung up. Its one where you go back and talk to the NPC after midnight yet the follow up dialogue would sometimes not appear and the quest will show as complete even though its not. Just re talk to all the quest NPC's in the zone and it will probably clear it.

Edit: Yeah check out that quest NPC just posted above. Guarantee it just didn't advance even though it said it was completed in your log.
By Wotasu 2019-10-22 08:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I had that too, but after double checking was missing 2 quests. And I was sure I had all quests done like a year ago.
By Mattelot 2019-10-22 15:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

She gave me 2 ivory wing talismans. Those are for doing all quests, right?
By Wotasu 2019-10-22 15:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah those are from WKR and Eastern Ulbuka Quests done.
By Mattelot 2019-10-22 16:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

But I got both weeks ago. I only finished all 6 WKR less than a week ago :(
By Wotasu 2019-10-22 16:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My error on the wkr.

Completing all 15 quests in the Eastern Ulbuka areas listed below rewards you with 10,000 Bayld and an Ivory wing talisman Key Item.

Completing all 11 quests in the Eastern Ulbuka areas, in addition to the ones above, listed below rewards you with 10,000 Bayld and a second Ivory wing talisman.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Reja_Ygridhi
By Mattelot 2019-10-22 17:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope I did them all. I kept a spreadsheet :)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-10-22 19:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you totally sure you did every coalition assignment? I had Legend rank in every coalition, Epeo complete, and wasn't getting Golden Shovel despite double-checking (triple, quadruple...) every quest. Turned out that despite having max rank in Pioneer's coalition from doing colonization reives, I had never done any of the "Procure" assignments so needed to finish those before I could get the shovel KI :P

Don't be like me?
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-10-22 20:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you do some of the assignments like right after Seekers came out and it's possible that they got un-credited when Coalition ranks were changed? (Even if they show completed in your quest log, the credit the NPCs "see" may have been reset) *shrug*
 Asura.Shermansmith
By Asura.Shermansmith 2019-10-23 11:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently in a similar situation. Done all things from https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Reja_Ygridhi
&
jap midnight coalition questionnaire.

What I think you might want to check is the Nakuul items for T1 & T2. I'm pretty sure that you have to get all item-rewards (so doing them however-many-times) because once you get a item from Reja YOU CANNOT GET IT AGAIN!
Source for this is here: https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Reja_Ygridhi
By sallex 2019-10-24 11:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you done Titillating Tomes? This 1 quest is only after all mog garden rank 7. Many people missed this 1 quest.
By Mattelot 2019-10-24 12:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shermansmith said: »
I'm currently in a similar situation. Done all things from https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Reja_Ygridhi
&
jap midnight coalition questionnaire.

What I think you might want to check is the Nakuul items for T1 & T2. I'm pretty sure that you have to get all item-rewards (so doing them however-many-times) because once you get a item from Reja YOU CANNOT GET IT AGAIN!
Source for this is here: https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Reja_Ygridhi

That's not how that site reads. It only states to get 1 reward, not all of them.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [402 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-29 05:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Old news, my mules arent getting, just checked and blablabla, not gonna ask what i could have been missing because this isnt practical, but considering this mule is pretty uncomplete in terms of content, wondering whats the odds of golden shovel having a pre requisite that most likely everyone should have when people have tried figuring the reqs and be overlooked?

In other words, any chance Delve wins, Skirmishes wins, Vagary wins or SR wins being part of the prereqs? Cause my mule have none of those.

Thanks in advance
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-11-29 08:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You definitely need the 6 Delve wins for sure.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-11-29 08:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
You definitely need the 6 Delve wins for sure.

Sure it isn't just the 6 WKRs?

Main difference I've noticed in the progression is that the Kinetic Unit rewards are not based on the exact quests done, despite the wikis having specific ones listed for each. So if you're running on the assumption that the 10 or 15k reward meant you did all the quests in those blocks, you may want to double check. If you got the 20k one, of course, then you should be set.
 Asura.Warmech
user: bcs4981
By Asura.Warmech 2020-11-29 12:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be WKR, but it's definitely not Delve wins, as I have the KI without all the wins.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-29 12:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The Delve requirements are for the Ergon quest, not Golden Shovel Cordon. The GSC needs all Naakuals, every quest in East and West Adoulin, completed Mog Garden, and 68 Coalition assignments, not including Provide).

I know a lot of people forget to talk to that one boy after finishing his quest to make it show completed in the log, I can't remember which it is though.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-11-29 12:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You definitely need all the WKR wins. Can't speak on Delve or SR but only Skirmish I've done is alluvion yorcia.

Odds are it's a missing WKR win, at least one ivory wing quest, at least one quest for the 20k units, or a random assignment.

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I know a lot of people forget to talk to that one boy after finishing his quest to make it show completed in the log, I can't remember which it is though.
Doesn't it also drop off your current list too? I think I remember one quest being weird when I was doing my quest cleanup.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-29 12:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Doesn't it also drop off your current list too? I think I remember one quest being weird when I was doing my quest cleanup.

I think so, I'm trying to figure out which it is right now.
 Asura.Shermansmith
By Asura.Shermansmith 2020-11-29 12:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

By the castle gates in east adoulin there is a guy in a tux who has an unmarked quest from logs. Forgot there name.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-29 13:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be 'One Good Turn...'
By Pantafernando 2020-11-29 13:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

False alarm, sorry everyone.

Nothing beats stopping being lazy, writing an excel sheet and ticking off one by one the quests.

In the end, somehow i missed scaready because you can refuse it at first.

Got the shovel now, thanks. Zero content required, skirmish, delve, SR, vagary, etc.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-29 13:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats!

Depending on your web browser and stuff, clicking a link will change the colour. I did this with the BG wiki page and when I finished a quest it would be highlighted so I know I completed it. Faster than making a spreadsheet.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [193 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Shamusde
Server: Odin
user: Enobmas
By Odin.Shamusde 2021-06-10 23:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting this for anyone who stumbles across this thread who may be in the same boat I was:

For me, it ended up being the 3 repeatable quests in Eastern Adoulin that you have to do in order:

(#1) It Sets My Heart Aflutter > (#2) A Good Pair of Crocs > (#3) A Shot in the Dark

I had completed them all many times.

It turns out that I started the cycle at some point by completing #1, but had not completed the cycle by finishing #2 and #3 again. After completing 2 and 3, I received my 30k kinetic unit reward from Reja, followed by the golden shovel when speaking to her again.
[+]