Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 03:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Repeat of the Moogle

From March 2018, old thread; https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52061/vol-1-ambuscade-march-2018

Do not kill the Moogles that appear at the start
SMN burn is the "go-to" THF to steal 2hours, wait until mini moogles position so that you don't get amnesia aura, profit.

@ 2hours the Moogle gets a powerful DOT aura, that can't be stopped, but standing by the small moogles gives an equal amount of regen aura to counteract it. uses 2hour 6 times.

Ranger strat is good for E-N just stand on mini2 and tank on mini1 shoot until dead.

Melee party sucks. A shitload of wasting time running around and avoiding Stewards. But totally winnable. just slow as hell.

The spawned stewards have DOT auras too. reposition as required.

Quote:
Bozzetto Voyager Moogle:

Uses the following TP Moves:

Invite Over: Summons Bozzetto Steward, which has a short-ranged aura consisting of extremely potent Dia and elemental(?) DoTs
Washtub: AoE damage and stun
Mogsplosion: AoE damage with knockback
Contaminated Concoction: Disease
Somnic Shell: short-timed AoE sleep
Crystaline Flare: AoE light-based damage with flash and stun effects
Atra. Libations: conal gaze terror
Can use any of the SP moves available to the starter jobs (e.g. Chainspell, Perfect Dodge, Mighty Strikes, Benediction, Manafont); usage seems to be dependent on HP; number of uses available varies according to difficulty; will have a visible white aura

Bozzetto Steward:

has extremely potent Dia and elemental(?) DoT
does not move
will despawn over time (approx 1 minute)

Moogle:

Does not move on Normal and lower difficulty; will roam on Difficult and Very Difficult
Provides an aura that will counter-act the Voyager Moogle's aura but also gives amnesia; aura only activated when boss uses SP

Setups and Strategies: Very Difficult: Setup: SMN x3, GEO, THF/PLD, RDM

Strategy:

RDM gives Protect & Shell to the THF.
GEO uses Bolster and Entrusts Indi-Languor on THF, Indi-Frailty on themselves and will use Geo-Torpor once the boss moogle is in position.
SMN's have Ramuh's out and ready.
THF will run in, Perfect Dodge, Flash & Sentinel. Moogles will move, if they remain close to the boss moogle in the center, then the THF will need to bring the boss moogle away from the helpers.
RDM will Stymie Silence & Dia 3 then cast cures as needed.
SMN will Astral Flow/Astral Conduit right out the gate at 100% HP once the RDM has debuffed. This is the only real way you can kill him if he uses Benediction as his first 1-hour, and even then it's not guaranteed.
At 85% HP, THF will Larceny once the 1-hour animation goes off on the boss moogle unless it's Benediction. If it's Benediction, THF will need to Larceny if he uses Perfect Dodge, but you will most likely wipe unless your SMN's are stacked and can kill it before the aura becomes active and tick's twice. If the second 1-hour is Benediction, it's a wipe.

Alternate Strategy (not luck-based):

PLD, BRD/WHM, COR X2, RNG (or COR), WHM
Rolls: Hunter's and Monk's (for Subtle Blow), Samurai's and Chaos
Barsilencera and Auspice (along with Subtle Blow will help reduce the chances of Invite Over)
If the boss uses Invite Over, PLD should move a few steps away to avoid the spawn's aura.
Boss uses SP at 85%, 65%, 45%, 25%, and 10% HP. Reduce boss HP down to 88%, 68%, etc. and stop all damage. Then look for a nearby moogle. Wait until that moogle starts moving and then drop the boss HP down to the trigger level. The idea is to make it to the safety moogles right as they are about to stop. (If the boss has an SP aura up and the moogle starts moving, there is a good chance death). No damage during this waiting phase so as to avoid AoE damage and Invite Over. Spam Curaga IV and Curaga V (WHM needs Eber's Pantaloons +1) to ensure that no one dies if the boss happens to use an AoE spell or ability that everyone can still survive. Using any type of bind effect on the moogle can be helpful.
Save Rampart and Sacrosanctity for Chainspell; spam Finale to prevent the boss from self-curing.
If anyone dies, stop damage just before the next SP trigger level and wait out the weakness before forcing the SP move on the boss. Do NOT get up near a steward or when an aura is out -- wait until nearby stewards despawn and/or SP auras to drop.
This method is a sure way to win (unlike the SMN burn method) and does not require the use of SPs. Moreover, it is very easy on support jobs since only the PLD is ever in range of more dangerous moves such as Crys. Flare (high damage to non-tanks even with Shell V), Washtub and Atra. Lib. (stun/terrorize) followed by SP aura.

Difficult:

For D+ the regen moogles will roam around and not stay stationary.
Boss will 2-hour at 85%, 65%, 45%, 25%, and 10% hp.

It helps to DPS during the periods the boss has not used 2-hour and you do not have amnesia.

When boss uses 2-hour everyone should run to either regen moogle and stay close during the whole time amnesia is on.

It helps to slow down damage before a trigger point and pull boss close to a regen moogle, just depends how alert everyone in your party is.

Keep using dispel to remove pro/shell on boss, this keeps boss from curing himself.
The stewards will randomly spawn around the boss while you are DPSing.

Just move a bit away from them when that happens.

Silence during 2-hour phase helps. D and VD can easily be melee burned.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-10 05:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing some test runs on Normal since I've never done this fight before. I'm standing next to the Moogles during aura and still taking a 1000 dmg/tick Kaustra aura during 1 hours that I'm forced to White Wind/Curaga IV through. Is that normal? This comment:
Quote:
the small moogles gives an equal amount of regen aura to counteract it
would imply that it isn't.
I tried a run staying away from the small Moogles to see if they were actually doing anything during 1 hours, and I died pretty much immediately as the aura was even stronger, so the Moogles do seem to be weakening the aura, but being expected to cure through a 1000/tick Aura seems a bit much, especially on D/VD when you need to keep moving. The nice thing I guess is that it takes 10 seconds after the boss Moogle uses a 1 hour for the aura to go up, so you have more than enough time to get to a Moogle before it happens.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 05:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this is the only Ambuscade I've ever skipped.
Worst ambu ever? Hmmm...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-10-10 09:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like a skip month for what I have to offer. cheers!
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-10-10 09:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This month is complete doodoobutts. Only month I just don't want to do unless we find a good way to cheese it.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-10-10 09:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
This month is complete doodoobutts. Only month I just don't want to do unless we find a good way to cheese it.

S M N
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-10-10 09:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done it SMN style with the increased HP? I don't think it had that yet last time?
By Pantafernando 2019-10-10 09:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

HP is 1.4M and can be done SMN style.

I think its the smae from last time, its doable with 3SMN geo and tank, and im testing to reduce the SMN to 2, i think thats doable 2 SMN geo tank
[+]
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-10-10 09:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember the VD moogle ambuscade as very easy. Didn't use SMNs, just regular DDs and heal/buff.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-10-10 09:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yso said: »
Remember the VD moogle ambuscade as very easy. Didn't use SMNs, just regular DDs and heal/buff.
What.
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-10-10 09:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Asura.Yso said: »
What.

Was all about positioning during the different phases. For one part it's just auto-attack with amnesia, and stand in the correct area. Remember spamming it quite hard. I haven't done it this time, and I assume I will recall more details then.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 11:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think this is the only Ambuscade I've ever skipped.
Worst ambu ever? Hmmm...
DirectX said: »
Worst ***ever.
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
sounds like a skip month for what I have to offer. cheers!

It's an *** of a month. Super lame without smn.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Has anyone done it SMN style with the increased HP? I don't think it had that yet last time?

HP was tripled for this one already, it's unchanged.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-10-10 11:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »

S M N
SMN is an rng crapshoot each run depending on order he does SPs. You can melee him down but you still have to do the stop before SP, make sure moogles are in good positions, then you can push him and durdle in amnesia aura till SP aura is done and repeat. till dead.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 11:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Doing some test runs on Normal since I've never done this fight before. I'm standing next to the Moogles during aura and still taking a 1000 dmg/tick Kaustra aura during 1 hours that I'm forced to White Wind/Curaga IV through. Is that normal? This comment:
Quote:
the small moogles gives an equal amount of regen aura to counteract it
would imply that it isn't.
I tried a run staying away from the small Moogles to see if they were actually doing anything during 1 hours, and I died pretty much immediately as the aura was even stronger, so the Moogles do seem to be weakening the aura, but being expected to cure through a 1000/tick Aura seems a bit much, especially on D/VD when you need to keep moving. The nice thing I guess is that it takes 10 seconds after the boss Moogle uses a 1 hour for the aura to go up, so you have more than enough time to get to a Moogle before it happens.

Ok, so, the main moogle does 1k, the minis do 1k (equal) but, you can never have max hp. That's how dots in the game work.
By Afania 2019-10-10 11:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG setup was quite doable.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-10 16:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ok, so, the main moogle does 1k, the minis do 1k (equal) but, you can never have max hp
If I don't cure myself, I die. The Regen and Amnesia effects from the small moogles wear off when the boss's aura goes up. If there's something I have to do aside from simply standing near them to counteract the boss's 1000 Kaustra aura, then that information would be appreciated.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 16:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, If you simply stand there, you won't die (moogle can still melee you to death, you need to actually heal*)

It looks like you'll die (and latency may ACTUALLY cause you to die, lul) but you aren't supposed to.

Regen+Amnesia start (after) the bosses kaustra aura goes up... unless they coded it backwards.
By Fayona 2019-10-10 18:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the DOT aura zone wide, or are you safe if your standing right next to the {mega boss}? I've only tried two runs but it seemed like the dot aura did not affect me when I was standing face to face with the boss.

Edit: Stay with little moogles
By Mrgrim 2019-10-10 20:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Spamming Lower difficulties will be better for this ambu. Ejiin's previous melee style video helped out tons on making this video. I'm sure summoner burning it would be faster and more luck based. For some reason it did not do Benediction on this video, got careless in the end and almost paid consequences. In case anyone tries similar to this, I recommend to silence it after it does benedictions, it only takes 2 silences, then becomes extremely resistant. Barblizzard and barpara also to evade paralyze on your whm, would be a bad day if the whm gets paralyzed during kaustra aura. Also I'm sure it could be done faster, maybe 7 mins tops with more real players spotting moogle movements.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-10-11 03:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
HP is 1.4M and can be done SMN style.

I think its the smae from last time, its doable with 3SMN geo and tank, and im testing to reduce the SMN to 2, i think thats doable 2 SMN geo tank

DPSwise 2 SMN is doable but risky as f... as there is enough time for 2 1hr, doubling the chance of failure.

Aside the random chance of a amnesia mog to just park near avatar or smn and break the conduit.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 03:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Risky is still the best method.

Chasing the stupid moogles and praying that the auras work properly, then getting bene is miserable for pickup melee. It's dog turds. Bullet burn isn't too bad, reasonable middle ground.

SMN burn wins enough to be worth it, only time it really fails is when smns are slow/miss enough to hit a third 2hour.

Any 2hour first is fine (larceny), bene second is fine, but any 3rd 2hour is gg most likely. last year probably had a solid 80% win rate.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-10-11 04:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang, so the Moogles path on D and VD? Just triboxed N, and it sucked, but thought the pathing was VD only, so D would be doable. I have so many seals to use, too. May have to find people doing VD strats to join on each char for seal usage. I remember dualboxing this one sucked because my GEO would often die if the Moogles were pathing during aura because of the extra follow latency delay.
By Fayona 2019-10-11 08:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Having watched Grims video I wonder if SMN RDM GEO COR BRD SAM would work using the same strategy as the Frog Ambu. Smn uses Mew to prevent TP moves, Rdm silence, RollCor, standard bard songs, Samurai with SU5 GK on Path B, Max SB I & II, would probably kill the moogle in 2 skillchains?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-11 10:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

With 1.4 million health and benediction/perfect dodge/invincible. That's gonna be a big no.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2019-10-11 15:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fayona said: »
Having watched Grims video I wonder if SMN RDM GEO COR BRD SAM would work using the same strategy as the Frog Ambu. Smn uses Mew to prevent TP moves, Rdm silence, RollCor, standard bard songs, Samurai with SU5 GK on Path B, Max SB I & II, would probably kill the moogle in 2 skillchains?

Not happening due to what Eiryl said.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-12 03:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for curiosity what killing the mini mogs do?

By sheer distraction in a few burns i didnt notice mini mogs parking right near to avatars and messing everything because i hadnt time to reposition. When i engaged one mini mog with a gimp thf, one or 2 melee hits took them to 70% meaning they have no HP.

So wondering what kind of penalty killing mini mogs do and if i can use that as a emergency measure.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-12 06:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I shared on the monk page.

VD takes, it seems, 10 mins or more. Especially with a unlucky benediction. 15mins or more. Not worth it in my opinion. I feel we found a great strat.

(NORMAL)
Monk(relic, counterset tank), monk, monk (preferably vere or relics as well) GEO, BARD, WHM

Tank monk runs in, chi blast, voke. All monks get ALL jobabilities before 85% and as many weapon skills as possible.
After that. Idle with white damage the rest of the fight. Monks white damage you will kill it so fast that the remainder of the fight you will have amnesia because you're ignoring all threshold %s. Also monks amazing amounts of subtle blow you wont really see any stewards spawn. Maybe 1 if unlucky. After about 5 runs we did, never saw any stewards. The white damage on 3 monks will have it killed in 2 mins or less. Not counting buffs at the start.

You can do 8 runs this method in the time it takes to do one VD method. Its beyond easy. Also....camp on a small moogle. That should go without saying.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6