Monster Killing Strats For WARRIOR!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Monster Killing Strats for WARRIOR!
Monster Killing Strats for WARRIOR!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By SimonSes 2019-08-24 09:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Im talking about 6man party too. Once again check Ejin video of 5-6 boxing stuff lkke zerde, schah, aman mimic or harder ambuscadrs. To match SAM on War you would need to get Volte armor set from Windurst. Its the only set with high meva for war tp. it still doest have same subtle blow, but new alexandre body helps here (still you probably wont sol9 sc this month ambu on war before hammer and you can do it on sam without mewing). Still SAM allows to use some def buffs and maintain self sc just fine. I also doubt WAR can match SAM ws damage while doing self SC, unless during a warc. Feel free to prove me wrong and mimic Ejin kills on War tho :)
By Spaitin 2019-08-24 13:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Im talking about 6man party too. Once again check Ejin video of 5-6 boxing stuff lkke zerde, schah, aman mimic or harder ambuscadrs. To match SAM on War you would need to get Volte armor set from Windurst. Its the only set with high meva for war tp. it still doest have same subtle blow, but new alexandre body helps here (still you probably wont sol9 sc this month ambu on war before hammer and you can do it on sam without mewing). Still SAM allows to use some def buffs and maintain self sc just fine. I also doubt WAR can match SAM ws damage while doing self SC, unless during a warc. Feel free to prove me wrong and mimic Ejin kills on War tho :)
so basically what you are saying is that sam is better in this rare fight that happens once every 12 months. also... you do know eijin has videos of how to do many ofthose fights on war right? with war all you do is pop mighty strikes and have rune odylic and then do your SC. it works basically the same. get an extra cor for mnks roll if you are worried about SB. Schah is pretty easy on war. zerde i have never been able to do. so points there. the mimic favors sam by far but it is a pretty worthless fight imo. there are war burn videos on almost all of them actually. cant find on on zerde. but if i used react lua like eijin it wouldnt be very hard and would be done basically the exact same way.

This months ambu is extremely easy on war. about the same as sam actually. corx2 geo bard whm war. RR > RR > UP > UP and the fight is over and you dont need mew but that can be a bit risky. eijin uses mew in his video btw. can have the cors sub smn if you are worried about it. still the same six man set up so doesnt matter if you need mew or not since you would have access either way.
By SimonSes 2019-08-24 14:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Up is as strong as Fudo at same TP maybe but from what I have seen SAM will do Fudo at much higher TP avg assuming you spam it. What is your damage with Up when you self SC without Warcry?
By Spaitin 2019-08-24 14:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

36--42k usualy around the 40k mark. War also gets a 3 hit build on chango so WS > attack round > WS > attack round > WS > etc

upheaval and 1 attackround gets you around 1.1k tp without a retal proc. Retal is a bit harder to calculate which is part of why no sims or spreadsheets are accurate for war. With 1 retal proc in a WS cycle (ws 1 attack round) you are looking at 1500 or so TP depending on values of sams roll. then add around 750-1450 TP bonus depending on warcry being up. Yeah sam can TP faster, but not THAT much faster.

Is sam generally better at a large SC? sure, but lets not pretend warrior isnt also amazing at it.

If I am self SCing I am usually am running 2 cors instead of 2 dd (for the obvious reasons) so you have sam/fighters/allies/mnks. very rarely do I find i need a tank on war. If i do need a tank it is usually a helm so i can MS. Mighty strikes makes SC bonus irrelevant for the most part. on this months ambu for war do that set up with the 2 cors going /smn (you dont really seem to need it) and do a 4 or 5 step depending on gear and the fight is over without MS.

You are looking at a 3 hit build with capped SC bonus damage and capped SB. (little more with dagon). This isnt factoring in MS Retal or Warcry. If you run with a drop cor and have a rune in then most of the helms melt quickly. IF not they drop slightly less quickly.
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-08-24 14:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR kills schah as a solo dd in less than a minute? I seriously doubt it
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-08-24 14:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
WAR kills schah as a solo dd in less than a minute? I seriously doubt it
Never said war does it as a solo DD. Usually we go either run war cor bard geo whm with those two or three meleeing or we go war war run cor geo bard whm with the cor either dropping or going to another party. try it, takes about 45 seconds or so with either set up. go Shockwave > raging > shockwave > up > up or RR > freezebite > raging> UP > UP or Sturmwind > Herculean Slash > Raging Rush > UP > UP or Red Lotus Blade > Keen Edge > Resolution > UP > UP (probably the best) . If a mighty strikes set up the last 2 SC are 99k basically guaranteed. schah doesnt have very much HP and it goes down quite fast. I think it takes less than 2 rotations of those 5 step SC to win. I recommend something shorter for the second SC. a 4 or three step would work. there is a 36 second video on youtube right now, but that one isnt a good one because they use more drop jobs than I find reasonable to recommend. However, just moving those drop jobs to another party also works. Only adds about 4 WS worth of HP to schah.

Can try solo DD on kirin/kouryu as well. KJ> UP> UP finishes kirin and then RR RR UP UP to finish kouryu. takes like 35 seconds. corx2 set up.

Solo war DPS we usually end up taking the long road on schah that takes forever. But it can still be done in under a minute if you are lucky simply because of how good warcry and ms are. Since you need a rune to odylyc and prevent debuffs, you never have to be a solo DPS.
By Spaitin 2019-09-11 15:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Copied Eijins strat for zerde using react and was able to pretty easily beat it. Works basically the same. Set up was war geo cor bard whm rdm for first kill. Did it a few times and found my favorite to be an 8 man set up with geo geo cor cor bard whm rdm war. Six man with cor cor war geo bard whm worked really well.
First attempt was with this set on war
ItemSet 368526

But then just switched to a regular full on TP set and it worked better. Last time we did it didnt use MS.

Using the above set and 6 man party I was able to solo DD schah 2 times in a row under a minute, but it got a little close. If you have drop jobs and can drop both cors and bard it goes extremely fast. Did it that way once and I think KJ > UP > UP took about half its HP. with mighty strikes and allies roll i didnt find much need to get radiance going since i was 99king anyway with regular light. had sam/fighter/monk/allies rolls on for both fights. The 2 normal kills were in a 6 man set up.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-09-11 16:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Great job extrapolating the strat, I did the same on Dragoon. It's definitely more challenging on jobs that don't get as much Skillchain Bonus as Samurai. I've found that Skillchain Bonus+ gear is a good enough substitute to help increase radiance damage for procs.

I like to use RUN, DRG, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM. I prebuff an extra set of bard songs for safety. This is a long fight on Dragoon. Takes closer to 8 minutes rather than 2~5min on SAM. You also see far fewer procs because you're not dealing 99k radiance so your WHM is really working overtime.
By Spaitin 2019-09-11 17:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Great job extrapolating the strat, I did the same on Dragoon. It's definitely more challenging on jobs that don't get as much Skillchain Bonus as Samurai. I've found that Skillchain Bonus+ gear is a good enough substitute to help increase radiance damage for procs.

I like to use RUN, DRG, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM. I prebuff an extra set of bard songs for safety. This is a long fight on Dragoon. Takes closer to 8 minutes rather than 2~5min on SAM. You also see far fewer procs because you're not dealing 99k radiance so your WHM is really working overtime.
I think war has a big advantage with tomohawk. zerde was taking around 1-2 minutes with mighty strikes.Although with the way eijin did it, i think most DD jobs could do it fairly easily. the only real worry is time.
By Spaitin 2019-09-14 14:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

geez, with react i think zerde is the easiest helm now. 11/11 in attempts. Did it with multiple jobs as DD. I am liking the use of a 9 man party going geo cor cor bard whm war and rune blm geo in outside party. without mighty strikes it is taking less than a minute. BLM bursting on all the light and radiance SC. whm doesnt really have to do much. other jobs are taking a bit longer though. I think war just has the advantage of going UP>UP to close. with the proc and tomohawk you are just doing so much damage and closing with big damage. RR > RR > UP > UP with mighty strikes closes 99k light twice in a row. can replace the rdm with a second geo . I think you could honestly carry 9 people with the 9 man set up in under 5 minutes. Might have to try it.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 12:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So a friend of mine told me they have been soloing kin/gin in drk for a little while now and it was easy for them. So i decided to give it a try on warrior. 2 attempts and 2 wins. 1 on gin and 1 on kin. Never really even expected it to be possible. Was just war/sam with yoran cherukiki qultada joachim amchuchu koru moru for most of it. Had craver both times which I prefer. I find him the easiest. You just run in and weapon break him and then armor break him. after your trusts start to die you switch to naegling/blurred shield and alternate SB and sanguine and he just slowly dies. I had 3 hybrid DT sets for these runs but mostly used 2 of them. On kin you basically just keep yoran and cherukiki out of range. I think next time I will use more geo trusts cuz everyone else just died super fast. Ill put up the sets i used for tanking the mobs. Gin is done the same way as kin but easier despite being more durable.

you need a tank trust up for kin or u die
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 12:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 368992 this set was for trash mobs and craver. I used nandaka to AOE sleep mobs on the floors and killed what I needed to before going up. Can get a few objectives cleared pretty easy like 30k WS and the like.

ItemSet 367123
I used mostly this set for kin/gin. Really didnt take much dmg from them. I used mostly a fencer build so that I could use Sanguine blade if My trusts werent curing me.
ItemSet 368526
I popped into that set whenever i was about to get hit with a spell/tp but i wasnt very accurate and was only like 50% successful. In future runs I could probably turn it into a full turtle set but i havnt done that. However, it doesnt seem neccessary to even make the swap.
ItemSet 368993
this is what I used for sanguine. got me all HP back every time. THinking about adding more HP to the WS set so I have more HP.
ItemSet 368996
This for savage blade.
ItemSet 368995
And I used Lycurgos for my breaks when i used them to help increase acc. Similar set for nandaka sleep (lasts for a really long time). It appeared to land every time.

I had sublime sushi for everything.

ItemSet 366566
I also had this phalanx set with react for whenever koru put phalanx on me. Not super sure how necessary it is, but i used it.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-10 15:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Selh'teus for soloing Omen, Spaitin. Summon whm trusts then Selh'teus.
This actually then makes all trusts summoned after stay away from aoe range unless they melee and are close up like Qultada.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 16:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a pretty good idea. I rarely pull him out. Ill try that out tomorrow i think. I actually didnt know that.
By Spaitin 2019-10-11 16:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah Selh'teus made kin and gin pretty easy.
By Spaitin 2019-10-29 21:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

alright, for trash floors i think using GS to sleep and then using polearm to sonic thrust the trash mobs. At 3k tp it one shots them (usually). And i didnt know this before, but craver is piercing weak. Shining one makes short work of him. Shining one is a VERY good option for soloing.

Also the karambits with vinipata make short work of him. like 20 seconds in a 7 man set up. Kinda fun.
By Spaitin 2019-11-13 13:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

War set up for this months ambu

geo cor bard whm WAR and rune or pld or nin. All work, nin seems to work best. Use crits to take off AURA. on boss only war WS while nin cor bard engage to take off shadows.

RR > RR > Up > UP takes about 35% of his HP. do it 3 times and the fight is over. Dont worry about removing his aura. no need. I have been using tomahawk and armor break at the beginning. idk how neccessary either are. With a good group 6 minutes including buffs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
By Spaitin 2020-01-15 16:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

War strat for this months ambu. The Ant month.

Set up is WAR COR COR BARD WHM GEO. no need for a tank. Second cor is really nice but can replaced with a number of other options. SCH for example you can kill cactus much easier. I would usually have cors TP on big boss and shot the cactus.

fury/frail/wilt sam/fighter/mnk/allies HM VM attack acc.

Pretty easy. cors help you with cactus. usually dies on second run in or sooner. War is using chango for long lights.

Basically run in. provoke boss in a hybrid set and get tp ready for cactus. Kill cactus then kill any many of the adds as you want.

Boss dies in about 30 seconds to RR > RR > UP > UP

Can use longer SC if you want. But i found this one does the most damage with above buffs.

Total fight time is around maybe 1 minute? Strong month for war.
Judging by how little dmg the boss does to the WAR. I would guess most DD can use this strat to similar effect.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By BlaTheTaru 2020-01-15 20:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What difficulty are you killing it on in 60 seconds?
By Spaitin 2020-01-15 21:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Make a video
I actually dont know how lol. I just have never done that. Do you have recommendations on software for doing that and audio recording/video editing?
BlaTheTaru said: »
What difficulty are you killing it on in 60 seconds?

VD, I am not including the buffing time. Mob is dieing before Warcry wears off. So yeah, 60 secondish fights. Honestly the only tricky part is the cactus. 60 seconds would be ideal. Perhaps I would be more accurate in saying 1-2 minutes of fighting.

Dont NEED 2 cors, but it is kinda nice. A SCH opening for a leaden is also very nice on the cactus. But then the SCH is just kinda sitting there for the rest of the fight doing meh bursts. The Phalanx and Regen are pretty awesome though. Can do entrust VIT instead of wilt, makes it a bit faster.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-01-16 01:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming that you're BiS in everything and R-15, is this the case?
By Spaitin 2020-01-16 02:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
I'm assuming that you're BiS in everything and R-15, is this the case?

I am.

Not all the buffers are. just a +7 geo. non HM bard etc. things like that. I did this in pugs. I have also done this a few times with dolichenus going /nin in pugs.

Going mnk/war also worked.

I would imagine this strat would work pretty well with wars that are not geared as well as I am.

For VD you can also just spam Savage blade at him and kill him in like 2-3 minutes with war. I am must pointing out my strat for VD that works best. I have done that a few times and it worked great. Using a real dnc is a nice option for that. Plenty of adaptions can be made from it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-16 02:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

1.4 million HP drops fast and it takes double damage when trying to call more adds
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-16 07:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think hes probably saying to repeat the SC till it's dead. Even capped damage on all 4 ws and 3 sc isn't half his HP. Axe deci > smash axe > deci > deci is pretty good. Plus I believe it gets sc bonus the more you keep going? Should already as be capped scs with those buffs, allies and fighters
By Spaitin 2020-01-16 12:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to be clear, You are repeating a SC. RR > RR > UP UP for light radiance on chango.

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
gets sc bonus the more you keep going
No, not how dolichenus works.
"Weapon Skill Damage based on skillchain length" only is granted while Dolichenus is equipped in the main hand.
Applies to all Weapon Skills, not just the linked Weapon Skill."

deci > smash axe > deci > deci is fun on dolichenus. You get a WSD boost the longer the SC is. Dolichenus doesnt make the SC stronger. It makes the WS stronger.

IF you are willing to take some time. MOST ws spams will work.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-16 13:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Just to be clear, You are repeating a SC. RR > RR > UP UP for light radiance on chango.

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
gets sc bonus the more you keep going
No, not how dolichenus works.
"Weapon Skill Damage based on skillchain length" only is granted while Dolichenus is equipped in the main hand.
Applies to all Weapon Skills, not just the linked Weapon Skill."

deci > smash axe > deci > deci is fun on dolichenus. You get a WSD boost the longer the SC is. Dolichenus doesnt make the SC stronger. It makes the WS stronger.

IF you are willing to take some time. MOST ws spams will work.

Ah, yeah. I knew it was something. Just too lazy to look at the weapon again lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-01-29 12:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been getting some tells in game asking how to kill some mobs. I believe I have not been clear on how to do a few things, my apologies

The big issues seems to be geo buffs. Most people on helm mobs seem to be doing FURY/FRAIL + an entrust. This is while using bolster.

To cap attack on a 1 hour zerg is actually easier than basically everything else. Bolster Frailty + dia will easily cap your attack on anything that doesn't resist geo bubbles. You wont need any attack buffs either. The other two geo bubbles are usually macc down and meva up (entrust). With those buffs + barspells you basically never get enfeebled, even on war in a normal tp set.

One of the fights that comes to mind is WOC because of his annoying stun.

The geo buffs should be a bolstered Frailty + vex/attunement. This takes care of attack cap and the mob enfeebling you.

Bard songs are HM VM ACCx2 and thunder carol (thunder carol might not actually be needed, we have done it quite a few times with just 4 songs, so using another song would be fine). Cor does sam/fighters. WHM barspells auspice boost vit etc. If you are max geared with vorseals, you can use miso ramen+1 instead of sushi and still have capped acc.

Party set up for WOC is usually WARx2 geo cor bard whm. Fight plays out similar to a neak fight but faster since you are using your 1 hours. Dont use berserk, it is unnecessary. I actually recommend defender instead of berserk. Attack will still be WAY over cap. With bolster frail + Lightshot dia you need between 4-6 attack for cap (yes, single digits). I believe we did 11 kills without a single stun.

Same party set up works for teles/schah/woc/kirin and maybe a few more. For fights like albumen, vini and erynys, replace 1 dd with a dd runefencer. Erynys is flux 4 in that little nub in the wall so he doesnt knock you back. For zerde, replace 1 DD with a cor and hope your geo is good at stunning lol. The only thing that really changes is your bar spells. Id imagine this would work with sam drk drg and mnk.