Forum » FFXI » General » On screen timers and icon issue
On screen timers and icon issue
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-08-08 13:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got a new laptop, loaded FFXI and got everything finally tweaked how I like it (thanks Indigla and Nadir), but I'm having a couple issues I can't seem to fix and it's driving me nuts.

First issue is that the timers under misc3 will only display under icon1, which won't work with Jeanpaul's icon datswap under ROM>119>dat 57. I loaded all of my setting like I had them before, but for some reason the timers will not display with icon2 with or without the dat swap. I did a file check today and everything was fine, but no matter what I click I can't figure it out. The StatusTimer plugin acts differently, and I'm not a huge fan of it.

The second issue I have now is that my FPS won't display on my first loadup of my 1440x1080 instanced game, despite it being aligned properly in my init.txt file. It was working last night, but not now. When I boot up my second instance for 2-boxing (1024x1024), it aligns there. Even when hitting F12 for the toggle nothing works on my main screen. I've reloaded my game a few times today trying different things, but nothing changes.

I'm happy for any suggestions anyone has.
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-08 14:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

have your tried opening the console and typing showfps ?
f12 bind sucks because once you load a gearswap lua, that lua overrides F12, so either reassign the bind, or hit f12 before gearswap loads in the character select screen.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-08-08 15:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, even on the console showfps does nothing. It makes no sense since it works fine with all of the commands in the second instance.
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-08-08 15:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats strange. Only thing I can think of is its somehow off your screen now. maybe mess with the pos a bit?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-08-08 15:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried that as well. Positioned it in the middle of the screen and nothing. I can get everything to look perfectly crisp and working like it should at 1024x1024, but I’m not about to play my main character using half of my screen lol.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-08-17 12:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping. FPS issue is fixed, but the timers still won't display under 'icon2' if anyone has any ideas.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-08-19 13:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The plot thickens: Stoneskin timer works...but that's it.
By kishr 2019-08-19 17:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Both monitors same res?
Check init.txt file in windower>scripts for xy pos.

Mine is at
Console_position 15 50

If that helps

Worse case scenario, backup your ffxi usr folder, and your addon folder and make a new windower install.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-08-20 04:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not the Windower timers or any plugins, everything is working as it's supposed to and displayed properly. The actual 'timer display' under misc3 that's not working, with or without Jeanpaul's datswap, aside from Stoneskin for some stupid reason. I may need to reinstall or wait for a version update I think.