Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-10 23:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on now, someone take BLMs!
By Ruaumoko 2019-06-10 23:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Scholar is a great healer for this month.

Regen V and Embrava will keep healing the group even when MP falls to 0, Sublimation can recover a good 600 MP in a pinch if things are going really bad. You do need to prepare Accession and Rapture before an AoE lands though, as soon as you cast Cure IV use those two again so they're ready for the next Cure.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2019-06-11 11:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone figure out what's causing the MB to 99k someone? I'm guessing its bursting something off the skillchains being made
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-06-11 12:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crowned said: »
Anyone figure out what's causing the MB to 99k someone? I'm guessing its bursting something off the skillchains being made
I got 99K'd last night at the beginning of our second fight off of Mercurial Strike. (Litterally the first move MB did...) I would honestly suggest just distancing it until the exact mechanic is figured out.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-06-11 12:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else noticed that in the log the MB has the same move name from the Dullahan from last month? Nether Castigation?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-11 12:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like every month. Someone has to update the files and they haven't yet.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-06-11 12:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just like every month. Someone has to update the files and they haven't yet.
Not windower/battlenod related. Is present in vanilla-ffxi log. Juat thought it was odd when I read it in the log.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-06-11 23:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ayami said: »
WHM heal is no problem. You just have to keep barfira/carol up and you should be ok. We were able to do VD back to back without using 2hr. Overall, this month is pretty easy!

Agreed. I did a D run then a VD run. It's all on the white mage this month, for positioning and resisting the boss's AoE. Barfira/carol/MEVA idle with Stoneskin, I resisted it most of the time. There is a nasty knockback and you have to be careful with where you are standing but overall an easy month.

RUN SAM COR GEO WHM BRD is what we used.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-06-12 16:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For anybody who's curious, BLM+SCH still works:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-12 17:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For that to work there has to be no resist wall present

8 nukes deep still doing 99999 on the last one

Water 6 53k
5 100k
5 78k
5 89k
5 28k
6 91k
4 44k
4 100k

All in one burst. and the adds only have 150k hp, that's not triple HP (?)
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-06-12 17:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN used Rayke/Gambit at start.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-12 17:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Gambit/Rayke ain't that strong

Boss only has 600k HP and ads only have 150k they didn't triple the HP.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-12 17:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

must be why the boss dies in like 6ws in melee strat
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-12 17:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Chalk that up as an "oops" explains why a group of pups can actually beat it lol.

Can't find how much hp they had last time (before triple hp change) but if it took "1-2 skillchains" with 3-4 nukes each. yeah. Explains a lot.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2019-06-12 22:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I'm hearing DNC is helpful for the Cures this month. Fact? Or facts I don't like?

I'll say this is definitely the easiest E solo on DNC out of any V1. Gonna try N when I get my druthers.

EDIT: aaaand too much incoming damage
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-06-13 04:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Done it melee style, 5x PUP + cor style and magic burst Strat. The Burst style was the easiest to put together to get consistent VD wins for me.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-06-13 05:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

bursting id imagine so, being slower for sure but no chance of that 99k move screwing up your run.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-06-13 06:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that much slower really, you bring 2 sch to stagger the stratagems, and each mob dies in 1 sc if both sch, both BLM and the geo burst.

Just make sure your SCHs are closing their SC with a helix spell to extend the burst window, allowing multiple MB per nukers.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-06-13 07:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

More like 250k on adds, at least some of them.

RNG got hit by 100k, 60k, 31k and 76k
BST got hit by 55k, 100k, 31k, 47k and 61k

On BST you can also see all nukers, so it's easier to tell, that first 3 nukes took around 60-70% of BST's HP.
 Sylph.Subadai
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2019-06-16 10:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

After getting flattened by 99k Mercurial Strikes a few times, we tried a few things and I think if you weaponskill during the boss's skillchain, it multiplies the damage of Mercurial. Maybe. This was on Normal since we were short-handed and I absolutely suck at multiboxing. We only did a few runs, so maybe someone can try this and confirm.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-16 11:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's just down to dumb luck, I tried this with my ls yesterday and we had 1 success out of 7 attempts, 6 times he magic bursted mercurial strike, it seems to always open the fight with a darkness skillchain on the tank and if he chooses to use mercurial strike then you die and you reraise up and try again. Luckily the fight is forgiving enough for you to do that twice before time crunch becomes a concern.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-16 12:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Subadai said: »
After getting flattened by 99k Mercurial Strikes a few times, we tried a few things and I think if you weaponskill during the boss's skillchain, it multiplies the damage of Mercurial. Maybe. This was on Normal since we were short-handed and I absolutely suck at multiboxing. We only did a few runs, so maybe someone can try this and confirm.

The 99ks are either random or a bug. Maybe 1/10 runs his merc sc does 99k, doing the exact same thing every run so its not being triggered by something.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-16 12:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
doing the exact same thing every run so its not being triggered by something.

That's a dangerous assumption, it could be something silly like dealing damage that's a multiple of X triggers it. Even if it is a bug, it's software so there's a trigger of some sort somewhere. Whether it's avoidable or not remains to be figured out, though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-16 12:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Lakshmi.Darkdoom said: »
doing the exact same thing every run so its not being triggered by something.

That's a dangerous assumption, it could be something silly like dealing damage that's a multiple of X triggers it. Even if it is a bug, it's software so there's a trigger of some sort somewhere. Whether it's avoidable or not remains to be figured out, though.

Fair enough. The only job im not playing in most runs is DD, so I can't be 100% sure they aren't doing something differently each run. Especially if its like dealing damage in multiples or something as silly as WSing during meikyo.

I'm gonna save logs from a few nights of runs and see if I can find anything consistently happening before the 99ks.
By missdivine 2019-06-16 13:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just use well-geared pups that know what they do, ain't bother with zerg setup they tend to wipe a lot. That's how I farmed all my Alex for this month. I feel sorry for blu players, nobody picks them up anymore for these tricky ambuscades.

Just throwing a lil shade.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-16 13:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
I feel sorry for blu players, nobody picks them up anymore for these tricky ambuscades.

its almost like the game wants you to play different jobs now and then!
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2019-06-16 13:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Just use well-geared pups that know what they do, ain't bother with zerg setup they tend to wipe a lot. That's how I farmed all my Alex for this month. I feel sorry for blu players, nobody picks them up anymore for these tricky ambuscades.

BLU is just fine for this ambu if you have Tizona. We've used it as DD on several runs. Finding enough well geared PUPs on my server would probably be harder than the actual fight.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-06-16 14:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What causes the encumberance effect? We pull back to the starting corner because of knockback, but there's been a few times where I've been on GEO in the path of boss, and get a minute-long encumberance, which messes things up pretty well.

After doing a good amount of runs I feel like this month is easy but sorta random (on VD). Boss goes down fast but he can also wreck your tank or DDs. The MP-wiping mechanic has given my LS no issues but (using melee zerg) if the dps isn't extremely fast on the big guy we start to run into trouble. The AoEs with knockback and silence don't help either.

I'll have to look out for a PUP VD shout. That seems like it'd be more consistent for sure.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8