Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Gandiva AM3 Question
Gandiva AM3 Question
By Slurm818 2019-05-15 17:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently returned and looking over the sticky...

I see that there is new SU3 gear called Oshosi. Specific to AM3 and wanting Crit + and Crit Dmg gear, what do you think the comparison is for Crit vs Double Shot + / Triple Shot +

My very dodgy head math tells me that Double and Triple + more than make up for Crit, so is Oshosi really just lacking the Ranged Attack?

Looking at Osh +1 hands and legs over Mummu +2 and Darraigner's Brais.
By fillerbunny9 2019-05-16 21:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

while Oshosi is new for you, it's been around for a while now and not something that people have overlooked. Darraigner's have the secondary benefit of a bonus to Critical Hit Damage, which is crucial to making those AM3 procs shine. additionally, Mummu +2 plus Mummu Ring is an additional 8% Critical Hit (I believe) from set bonus of just those two pieces. further, the latter options are more readily available (Darraigner's can easily be obtained solo on THF with Trusts, and Mummu is easily obtained through Ambuscade) that it is not worth plunking down HQ prices on gear that just isn't crafted as much anymore.
By SimonSes 2019-05-17 04:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth to note that RNG has naturally a huge bonus to critical hit damage with Dead Aim, so CHD is not as important for AM3 build as for COR for example. CHR on the other hand is very important. Oshohi set is imo supper important for MEVA anyway and legs also has True shot on top of double shot, so imo +1 legs are much better than Darregner's but in hands slot, I would keep Mummu.

Also just in case its not clear, +% double shot only works during Double Shot active.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2019-05-17 09:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Also just in case its not clear, +% double shot only works during Double Shot active.

Also, just to note for OP. The triple shot doesn't do anything for RNG. Only COR.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-17 10:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

its a mix-match. going full mummu/other crit based gear isn't going to be your best bet, going full oshosi/doubleshot gear not so much either.

These days for Empy AM3 up/Doubleshot up I typically run with Oshosi head/Relic+3 body/mummu+2 hands/Oshosi legs/feet. The feet are just lovely for Empy users (Armageddon/Gandiva) due to getting a very high crit rate PLUS the bonus to doubleshot.

Accessory slots I use mummu ring/begrudging ring/kwahu+1 waist, and as much STP as possible in ear/neck slots.
By eliroo 2019-05-17 12:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It may not be that hard to figure it out. I think the big wrench is missing exact numbers on the Arcadian Bodies effect.

Without considering the Arcadian body though 10% More double shot (from the base) is going to be greater than 10% more Critical Hit damage. So its probably better to work with Oshosi during AM3.
By fillerbunny9 2019-05-17 14:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

this is all depending on whether or not Double Shot is up to begin with. in a fight where you're able to maintain AM3, you will only have it 50% of the time (which is why Gearswap is so important). the long and the short of it is, if Double Shot is up, then yes, you do in fact want gear that improves it such as Oshosi(as noted in the guide), but when just riding AM3, Oshosi loses to other options that are out there. I was under the impression that it was common knowledge on how the modern guides were written, and apologize if that caused additional confusion.
By Slurm818 2019-05-17 14:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys really helped me out. I had no idea that Triple Shot + was COR only and that Double Shot + was only active during the Double Shot JA. Seems like a couple pieces are worth it otherwise and I'll work towards them as I build my coffers. Appreciate the help.