A Summoner's Gear Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-05-24 18:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

tp bonus is added to current tp. so like if you had 1350, it would hit as though it had 2000.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-05-26 10:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkapryme said: »
So here's what I've come across pretty regularly:
Utilizing gearswap (from one set to another), my above set gets me a 23-second recast.

When I happen to be wearing the above set BEFORE I even do the job ability, I'm at a 20-second recast.

I figure latency is the cause for the first number.
Could just be a fresh avatar?

Avatar's favor starts at a lower tier for a fresh avatar, and takes a minute or so to build up. This will affect your BP timer.

BP timer for a freshly-summoned avatar is around 26 seconds, and will slowly go down until it hits 21.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-05-26 11:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
My next dumb question has to do with midcast Bloodpact - specifically the pants. Why Enticer's Pants instead of Apogee pants? Apogee Legs +1 path D gives total 21 BP damage. I'm assuming it's because of the 650 TP bonus (which I never really understood). Does it mean that the TP bonus is added to the current TP? Or that 650 TP is what you get back AFTER the BP?
I looked thru the posts i didnt see anyone say otherwise but just in case enticer's are used for magical blood pacts Physical blood pacts still use apogee path D if you have it, if someone already stated this then sorry.

Enticers are good for Multi-hit physical blood pacts too because of the added TP bonus, the double attack, and the ACC.
By Wotasu 2020-05-26 11:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
Jdove said: »
My next dumb question has to do with midcast Bloodpact - specifically the pants. Why Enticer's Pants instead of Apogee pants? Apogee Legs +1 path D gives total 21 BP damage. I'm assuming it's because of the 650 TP bonus (which I never really understood). Does it mean that the TP bonus is added to the current TP? Or that 650 TP is what you get back AFTER the BP?
I looked thru the posts i didnt see anyone say otherwise but just in case enticer's are used for magical blood pacts Physical blood pacts still use apogee path D if you have it, if someone already stated this then sorry.

Enticers are good for Multi-hit physical blood pacts too because of the added TP bonus, the double attack, and the ACC.
Unless you have access to Apogee Slack's+1 which makes Enticers moot for physical.

Pet: STR+20
Blood Pact Damage+21(+4 set bonus so +25)
Pet: "Double Attack"+4

Trumps

Blood Pact Damage+12
Pet: "Double Attack"+3
and 650tp bonus.
[+]
 Odin.Lecesiur
Server: Odin
user: Shirise
By Odin.Lecesiur 2020-06-07 11:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to level Summoner soon and I've been looking at various guides trying to grasp the stat priorities and such. Something I've noticed is almost no mention of the Udug Jacket in any equipment guides. Is there an obvious reason for this that I'm missing?
By Crossbones 2020-06-07 11:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It sucks. I have one and have literally never used it. If you wanted to make a dt set you could use it but since I'm out of range most of the time I never bothered. It doesn't help you with any of the functions of smn so it's just a dt piece. Might be good for bst or pup maybe with the pet mab but we have apogee dalmatica for that.
By Wotasu 2020-06-07 11:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Udug macc/mab+45

Apogee mab+35 +8bp(+2setbonus) where 1bp ~2.5 mab, so +60mab.

Convokers doublet+3 is bp+16(~40mab) & +45 mab/acc (+ setbonus for 15acc&macc)

It's abit better than af+3 in the mab part, but af has acc which has uses for flaming crush. So decent hybrid for acc macc & BP.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-07 11:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lecesiur said: »
I'm looking to level Summoner soon and I've been looking at various guides trying to grasp the stat priorities and such. Something I've noticed is almost no mention of the Udug Jacket in any equipment guides. Is there an obvious reason for this that I'm missing?
It never *** drops is a pretty good one.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-07 11:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a pretty ***' dope looking lockstyle though.
 Odin.Lecesiur
user: Shirise
By Odin.Lecesiur 2020-06-07 11:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. Thank you for the explanation and comparisons. I got it out of Aman Trove and was hoping I could put it to use, but I will have the Apogee +1 soon.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-06-07 11:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

less macc than convoker's doublet.

Only arguable use for udug is elementals
By Pantafernando 2020-06-07 12:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
It's a pretty ***' dope looking lockstyle though.

Its nice for female hume i think. I have a mule with one and didnt bother to send it to main yet. But its quite nice seeing her pink bra showing in her Udug.
 Odin.Hecky
user: Hecky
By Odin.Hecky 2020-06-17 07:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Im so sorry to nag in the thread, i did find the info online befor but cant seem to find it now :/ Can anyone refresh me on the avatar prepetuation cap i need on my gear please?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-17 07:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hecky said: »
Im so sorry to nag in the thread, i did find the info online befor but cant seem to find it now :/ Can anyone refresh me on the avatar prepetuation cap i need on my gear please?
You need Avatar Perpetuation Cost -14.
The maximum Avatar Perpetuation cost (ignoring Avatar's Favor) is 15.
You cannot make avatar perpetuation cost "free", it will never go under 1mp/tic regardless of how much -perp gear you equip, hence the number you need to be aiming for is -14 like I just said.

With some avatar you need less but most people use the same set regardless of the avatar being summoned.
[+]
 Odin.Hecky
user: Hecky
By Odin.Hecky 2020-06-17 07:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!
By Wotasu 2020-06-17 07:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Odin.Hecky said: »
You need Avatar Perpetuation Cost -14.
The maximum Avatar Perpetuation cost (ignoring Avatar's Favor) is 15.
You cannot make avatar perpetuation cost "free", it will never go under 1mp/tic regardless of how much -perp gear you equip, hence the number you need to be aiming for is -14 like I just said.

With some avatar you need less but most people use the same set regardless of the avatar being summoned.

Ive added that in the gearguide, something I never thought to add. c.c;
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-17 08:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I completely skipped the fact that you cannot go under 1mp, which made me confused about multiple things.
Once I remembered you can't go under 1mp everything else started making sense.
I wonder... was it always like this? Or did things change when they changed how Avatar Favor works? (raising the cost instead of reducing it) because I seem to recall many years ago it was possible to bring the Avatar Cost to zero just with Perpetuation Gear. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong heh

Regardless I think someone should edit BG wiki page as well to mention that part about 1mp/tic minimum. Too many people take it for granted I'm afraid.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Avatar_perpetuation_cost
By Wotasu 2020-06-17 08:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you can bring it to 0 "kinda" since smn has auto-refresh II trait.
With Gridarvor and Apogee Pumps+1 you get -14 perp and have +1 refresh tick from traits.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-17 08:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
Well you can bring it to 0 "kinda" since smn has auto-refresh II trait
Yes yes of course, and even if we didn't have the trait there's plenty of Refresh gear, there's ballad, there's Diabolos Favor, there's Refresh spells, there's Indi-Refresh, blah, blah, blah.
Point is you still have to "waste" a single point of refresh (no matter the source) to bring the Perp cost to a real zero.
You can't do that just with Perp gear alone and I think this deserves a bit more emphasis on guides and BG-wiki.
By Romulis 2020-06-23 14:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the thought on a perfect augmented Keraunos vs an augmented Gridarvor for a physical BP set until Nirvana?

Gridarvor for high acc situations, Keraunos for low/med acc?
By Pantafernando 2020-06-23 14:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The actual question would be, is (BP10 + petDA4 + petcrit4) beats (petatt45 + petDA15).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-23 14:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to split Physical BPs in two:

1) Those that have TP carry properties
2) All the others.

For 2) large amounts of BPD (and secondarily attack too) will be the most effective.
But, realistically, all these BPs are pretty meh and I don't really picture anyone using them often.

For 1) (stuff like Volt Strike, for instance) Multiattack has a huge impact, which is exactely why Gridarvor (aug) is so hot for it, especially (but not only) in situations where you need acc.

Not sure what everyone's suggestion on this would be.
Personally, unless you already have a Keraunos with godly augments, I wouldn't bother with it. Just get an Espiritus and use that for Magic BP, then Gridarvor for the TP-carrying Physical ones.
Or if you're really so adamant on wandering the lands of the random augments, get some good ones on Grioavolr. There's a table that explains how much mab/bpd you need on Grio to beat other existing staves, can find it on page 1 of this guide.
By Wotasu 2020-06-23 15:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet Atk isnt that much of a multiplier for BP dmg as Pet Mab is sadly.
What Gridarvor does have is Pet:Acc +95, Pet +15 Dbl Atk & Perp cost -5 which makes a very nice idle piece.
You could run the numbers in Pergatory's BP calculator.
But most use the JSE staff cause it's so damned good overall until Nirvana.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-23 15:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Some old posts by Perg and Frod showed Gridarvor being slightly better (realistically: on par) than Nirvana when that surplus of Acc makes a difference.
Talking about AM3 off of course.
Was pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if you ask me.

But now that R15 Nirvana is a thing I don't think that's the case any longer, eh.
By Romulis 2020-06-23 20:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
The actual question would be, is (BP10 + petDA4 + petcrit4) beats (petatt45 + petDA15).

here is the augments I have
Gridarvor Augments - R15; Attack/Acc+70, DBl Attack 15%
Keraunos augments - BPdmg +10, Acc/rngacc +25, DBl attack and Crit Hit rate +6%

The main reason I am asking is due to the fact that while the Gridarvor has the +70 attack/acc and 15% double attack it lacks BP damage. The keraunos however with 25 pet acc, 6 crit hit rate and double attack, also boasts 10 BP damage. I can see the massive ACC being a + but was not sure due to the BP dmg ? If i make up for the acc elsewhere does it stand out, such as with additional convokers peices?

As far as magic goes, i use a Grioavolr for magic with 10BP,pet: 35MAB/30MACC on it so I wont be using an Espiritus anytime soon.
By Wotasu 2020-06-23 20:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The crux is that you need to have a healthy balance of BP & DblAtk, since you lose 9 DblAtk, you could swap in AF hands+3 to get those and extra acc.
Im far from an expert even tho I made the gear guide, and it's hard to find which is BiS since the randomness of double attack procs and finding a test dummy out in the wild and wacking it a 1000+ times >.>;
I think your Kerunos is ok, but it all depends how you balance your gear I think.
By Romulis 2020-06-23 23:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
The crux is that you need to have a healthy balance of BP & DblAtk, since you lose 9 DblAtk, you could swap in AF hands+3 to get those and extra acc.
Im far from an expert even tho I made the gear guide, and it's hard to find which is BiS since the randomness of double attack procs and finding a test dummy out in the wild and wacking it a 1000+ times >.>;
I think your Kerunos is ok, but it all depends how you balance your gear I think.

Yeah it is a strange balance, if i use keraunos, i get 10 BP damage but lose accuracy. However if i swap gloves for accuracy i lose 10 BP and 30 attack gaining only a small amount of acc.

I am currently using BP+10 Pet: str +3 attack/acc+30 merlinic gloves. the trade off might be negligible. ill play around with the set and post if i find any combination that makes sense.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-06-24 01:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

no need to stress over this ***when you should just be using pergatory's calculator for BPD/DA..
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22