| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-15 18:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There really isn't a strat. Just kill it. I mean. Yeah.

If you have a decent amount of vorseals, just throw out some trust and face roll it.

Recent posts in the cor thread about it. (it'll work the same without DP just slower)

If that's not "good enough", go scholar. Blindfold easy. Or some combo of SCH + 2box to speed it up (geo sch blm cor)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-03-15 18:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need Epeo for anything in this game my dude. Just go in and spam WS while surviving, it's not hard for Escha T3s.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-15 18:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

These fights are remarkably easy. Just cast trusts and sam su3 power through them, should drop quickly. I've solo'd these (with trusts) using one character, 3 should be no problem.

If you're using August for Shockmaw, you'll need to disengage and move him away from the front, so that "Thar She Blows" doesn't 1hko him. Other than that, and the annoying monkey aoe aura, these are a joke (behemoth is by far the least annoying IMO).

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-15 19:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean the fights basically come down to "kill asap before annoying ***takes over". Not hard, but will get annoying with stun spam or constant aoe from monkey. I usually go as Ninja or Monk for higher SB, again su3 power through them. No real strat needed.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-03-15 20:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm less so wondering if it is possible to solo this stuff, and more so if it is possible without a REMA, nor +3 AF/Relic armor, nor job point master.

Because that's who the target audience of this question is likely to be impacting.
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-15 20:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I went in as BLU just for the haste and took a GEO with me for frailty/fury and 3 WHM and 1 RDM trust and just afk WS'd all 3 of them. Just stood to the side of the whale and away from the mages for behemoth. No blinks, no defensive buffs, no self curing, just hybrid and WSing. I was doing it fine on SAM and MNK but I couldn't use fury so I ended up switching to BLU.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-15 20:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For low-ish geared players, your best bet is SCH vs Shockmaw.

Call AAEV, Iroha II, Joachim, WHM.

Silence on pop.

When Iroha gets TP, Immanence + Fire. She'll close SC for Fusion. You MB 2x. Rinse, repeat. Toss in a Helix if you want.
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-15 20:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
I'm less so wondering if it is possible to solo this stuff, and more so if it is possible without a REMA, nor +3 AF/Relic armor, nor job point master.

Because that's who the target audience of this question is likely to be impacting.

There are so many differing levels of player advancement here that it is practically impossible to provide an answer for each one. Don't think your idea of "target audience of this question" is quite correct here though . . . If the question was that, it would be "What's the minimal requirements to solo dual box escha t3"
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-03-15 20:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zanosan said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »

There are so many differing levels of player advancement here that it is practically impossible to provide an answer for each one. Don't think your idea of "target audience of this question" is quite correct here though . . . If the question was that, it would be "What's the minimal requirements to solo dual box escha t3"

Hmm, let me ask a new question then:
What's the minimal requirements to solo dual box escha t3?
 Fenrir.Kinzie
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kinzie 2019-03-15 22:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I run in a pet progression LS, and you can do a ton of it with dual pups, or a pup and a smn. The only issues really are when you have the Tulufaire poison your pups, which you can't counter. Most of the others can be handled with that set up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-15 22:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

These NMs cost 5 REMA rocks. It's really not a hard fight but why can't you just go out there and try the fight and see how you do? Worst case scenario is you die and then retool your strategy and try again. You lose 25k Gil max. minimal loss. You don't need someone else telling you what is possible on your accounts when you can take five minutes and try for yourself. You would be in the best possible position after trying to know whether you can clear it or you need a little work on your sets.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-03-16 03:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone wondering, me and my Aeonic War friend were able to down them all fairly safely with me tanking on Run. Even got a Router tonight :p.
By Cronnus 2019-03-16 07:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The fastest way I've found is Trueflight and Geo. Wrecks all 3.
We did it as a LS with Geo, pld, cor, rng, whm. Just spammed trueflight and leaden and you can spawn 45 to 50 an hour. But man you'll get bored real quick.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Cronnus 2019-03-16 10:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Cronnus said: »
The fastest way I've found is Trueflight and Geo. Wrecks all 3.
We did it as a LS with Geo, pld, cor, rng, whm. Just spammed trueflight and leaden and you can spawn 45 to 50 an hour. But man you'll get bored real quick.
Any luck with does drops?

We did probably 70 and got a router. T3 is probably the best route if you can kill them extremely quick and efficiently like what true and leaden does to them.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-03-16 11:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed Urm and Fleet this morning a few times. Regal master cor/nin.

Amchuchu, aaev, iroha 2, yoran, koh trusts. Get tanks in front and you get behind mob.

Urm- chaos sam savage blade spam. I think any well geared dd can do this.

Fleet- magus sam. Leaden aeolian leaden. I pop a store tp quick draw after aeolian to get the 3 step off. Your trusts will screw up skillchain often, but you should get some 30k darknesses off.

Each fight about 6 minutes. Slap some th gear on before it dies and good luck everyone!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-03-16 12:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So you go behind urm and avoid taking hate?

Yeah. Each savage blade did about 5% of his health and i never pulled hate. My tanks traded off but Amchuchu held it mostly. His aoe stun slows your hate build.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-17 01:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

solo the whale on smn with ifrit, dies in like 5-6 flaming crushes. polearm dropped 32nd pop. used lion II trust for TH1
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-17 07:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bayonette said: »
Soloed Urm and Fleet this morning a few times. Regal master cor/nin.

Amchuchu, aaev, iroha 2, yoran, koh trusts. Get tanks in front and you get behind mob.

Urm- chaos sam savage blade spam. I think any well geared dd can do this.

Fleet- magus sam. Leaden aeolian leaden. I pop a store tp quick draw after aeolian to get the 3 step off. Your trusts will screw up skillchain often, but you should get some 30k darknesses off.

Each fight about 6 minutes. Slap some th gear on before it dies and good luck everyone!

Just use Wizard's on Fleetstalker- his magic isn't scary at all. I use AAEV+Joachim+Ulmia+Arciela+Ygnas, so nothing terribly defensive.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-17 07:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Using a trust tank with no cor rolls or geo frailty?

I still haven't had chance to go out and kill some yet.

amchuchu, lion II, ark ev, kupipi, yoran.

or with pocket geo(indi malaise, geo frailty) same trusts minus ark ev, 3-4 flaming crush.

just position trusts on the side of the mob
by far the easiest of the t3 utilizing smn. tried with blu and cor and it was faster but also more dangerous. smn was the easiest method for me.

but smn is almost bis

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2019-03-17 10:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think job matters that much for T3 farm solo/duo. Nor I think it's worth the effort to gear up a brand new job just to farm it.

I just run in with my best geared job and it happened to die in 1-2 min because we outgeared zitah T3 so much. It seems that any well geared job that can hit things works well as it is.
[+]
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-03-17 14:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost finished my 3rd stack of plutons, no luck yet. Used everything from TH0-8 so far.

On the plus side I'm up almost 3 stacks of ore and 6 stacks of eschalixer + 2, and 5k beads from my next Aeonic!

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2