Forum » Windower » General » Schah Melee Burn 36s
Schah Melee Burn 36s
First Page 2 3 4
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-02-26 22:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Conduits? Or at least this is optional to do now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXOwbhxGH5M (if below isn't working)
YouTube Video Placeholder

I derped and posted this in the wrong section. If a moderator can move it, otherwise oh well.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-02-26 22:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR pops MS and spams Reso? I thought that what the usually "melee burn" was. Tho I didn't expect it die that damn quick. Props to you guys for the fast kill.
By Jetackuu 2019-02-26 22:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
RIP Conduits?
Never!
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-02-26 22:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all the buffs and Arcane Circle I think. We seriously did not expect it to go that fast. On our very first attempt anyways >.>
[+]
 Bahamut.Kludge
user: Cobit
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-02-26 23:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP. rofl.
By gazzerl 2019-02-27 00:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

He going to feel that *** kicking tomorrow
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-27 00:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a more consistent strat as long as you have the firepower since Asylum will ensure you don't get pegged with amnesia? Unless there was a mewer being used in the SMN strat.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-27 00:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the damage on Reso? In such fast fight DNC could actually be compwtitive I think :O
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-02-27 01:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Probably a more consistent strat as long as you have the firepower since Asylum will ensure you don't get pegged with amnesia? Unless there was a mewer being used in the SMN strat.

Not sure Asylum can block amnesia (xiu got hit with it) the premise was using asylum to block dispels, most of us popped Moneta's anyways.
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2019-02-27 01:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lexouritis Burn All the Things!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-27 01:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Took an awful long time to fire off that odyllic. Risky Risky.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-02-27 02:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats, I guess, but this is the natural progression of things in this game. Kirin used to take hours. Once gear gets strong enough, you can just melee him down in minutes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-02-27 02:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
What was the damage on Reso? In such fast fight DNC could actually be compwtitive I think :O
That was already mentioned before :P
2-3 Dancers using Grand Pas and Trance would definitely wreck this.

That video was great, more options now confirmed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-02-27 04:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Relak's WS avg was 54k, mine was 47k. My MS set is *** compared to his. BZ/Dimi did 35-38k? idr (however BZ did bust out a 54k Torc but unfortunately derped his MP) Probably woulda died faster.. Plus Xiu derped finding Schah to put Frail on it. So had some errors.. and still won pretty comfortably. Def an option now for Non-Conduit low man things.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-02-27 04:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihinaa said: »
Congrats, I guess, but this is the natural progression of things in this game. Kirin used to take hours. Once gear gets strong enough, you can just melee him down in minutes.

Cool thing is 2 of these participants were part of the group that got the first aeonics anywhere. :o But you are totally right, the HELMs are freaking sad now with the gear creep. Even one of the MT fights can be killed in 15mins or less now >.> Tumult Curator, laughable. They were so freaking hard and fun when we first did those <.>

I hope the next content that involves EMPY +2/3 and the next few Master Trials are damn Impossible. Will give us something to do instead of afk.. trying to think of dumb ***to try like this >.> lol
By SimonSes 2019-02-27 06:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

fest.
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
I hope the next content that involves EMPY +2/3 and the next few Master Trials are damn Impossible.

I hope next content won't be an instance like Dynamis, because I won't survive another event with such lag.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-27 08:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

We were bound to eventually reach the point where melee could win. Keep in mind that you're still likely to only be able to carry 1 person, and maxing a WAR is much much harder than making an AC-capable SMN.

You also have 2 outside CORs and 2 outside BRDs, can see the buffs when you tab to the WAR in your video. So, 10 people can get a 6 man win. I don't know how you'd call that a 'non-conduit low man thing'. With SMN, 6 people can get a 10 man win.

Not to diminish the accomplishment, because it's cool to see Schah killed pre-adds non-smn, but it's certainly not reducing the viability of SMN burn or even competing with it. It's just a neat little thing you did.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-02-27 09:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You also have 2 outside CORs and 2 outside BRDs, can see the buffs when you tab to the WAR in your video. So, 10 people can get a 6 man win. I don't know how you'd call that a 'non-conduit low man thing'.

people around this place are "special". although its misleading and causing confusion a lot keep insisting on using some sort of code. for example "average" = "max ever" or "solo" = "a multibox of up to 6+"

i think this is a similar case.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
user: etherue
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2019-02-27 10:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Understandable, but our group doesn't rely on SMN burns anyways. For Schah, we typically use RNGs & CORs, with at least the same amount of people (those sitting out would just be in), for the 1-2 that need the clear (in the case of mercs, at least). So for us, it's either we go with our usual longer shooting method or we can opt to use this method now.

This was our first attempt with a few mistakes. We haven't seen how many more bodies we can include and lessening our mistakes could maybe give a few extra actions that could balance out adding additional people or other possible issues. We weren't sure how the attempt was going to go or how fast it would be anyhow, so it was amusing for us at least.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-02-27 10:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xiutaru said: »
but our group doesn't rely on SMN burns anyways
A lot of groups don't rely on them and still use them, I don't know why this is some point of pride. You're making your runs longer for yourselves and your buyers by ruling it out as an option. Yea, a lot of competent players would rather it never existed or was nerfed, but fact is it's here and it's long past the time when nerfing it would have made a difference.

If you're amused by it, cool, but it certainly doesn't change anything for 99% of the playerbase. Even the ones with the gear to pull this off are going to use SMN anyway.. it's faster to set up, equally reliable, and carries more people.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2019-02-27 10:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hence why options are still "options" :o

Edit: Of the people in the video, only Dimi has a geared SMN on his main. Mine was only for mewing, but I have since given that role to my mule XD
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-02-27 11:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Bahamut.Xiutaru said: »
but our group doesn't rely on SMN burns anyways
A lot of groups don't rely on them and still use them, I don't know why this is some point of pride. You're making your runs longer for yourselves and your buyers by ruling it out as an option. Yea, a lot of competent players would rather it never existed or was nerfed, but fact is it's here and it's long past the time when nerfing it would have made a difference.

If you're amused by it, cool, but it certainly doesn't change anything for 99% of the playerbase. Even the ones with the gear to pull this off are going to use SMN anyway.. it's faster to set up, equally reliable, and carries more people.

Before I joined Lex LS, I was a buyer actually and from perspective I can say, that seeing various non SMN setups for different HELMS is for me personally far more enjoyable (as a buyer) than watching same boring avatar zerg. On top of that I was allowed to actually play instead of watching from distance. I could SA TA Erinys, zerg Teles, fight worm, buff/QD Vini/Zerde, ra Schach. As a player who was away 6 years, this was a lot of fun and I learnt a lot too. Definitely better than twice faster, but boring af watching how 3 old mans with staff smash poor HELMs to the ground.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-02-27 12:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you just assume Ramuh's age & gender!? Prime Triggered.
[+]
By myaihze 2019-02-27 14:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

im assuming all your DDs are r15 remas?
 Bahamut.Xiutaru
By Bahamut.Xiutaru 2019-02-27 16:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

myaihze said: »
im assuming all your DDs are r15 remas?
WARs and DRK were using raetic; RUN was probably R15 Lionheart, but not 100% sure.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-02-27 16:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That beetle though....
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-02-27 17:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply