Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: diamondvr
By Phoenix.Diamondvr 2019-02-26 02:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Post em.

My thoughts are..

Subtle blow attachment...meh.
Disable "special attack" attachment. So people will stop yelling at pup for interrupting SCs.
Magic Evasion attachment. Just because its missing among all other types of attachments..

My first few thoughts. Add them here and let's see in the coming weeks what comes.
By kishr 2019-02-26 03:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just delete the job
[+]
 Phoenix.Diamondvr
By Phoenix.Diamondvr 2019-02-26 03:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the feedback. Maybe SE will read this.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2019-02-26 04:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought in the past they had said there is no more room for new attachments.

if i had to dream.... (what i want it to be)

smoke screen - dec acc inc evasion - (changed to foil)
mana jammer - adds mdb (add meva too)
heat seaker - gradualy adds 30 acc (adjust to 100 acc)
replicator - when hp low, gives shadows (gives shadows 1x 60 seconds regardless of hp)
inhibitor - stp + wierd ai *** (remove wierd ai ***, litterally just store tp)
tranquilizer - increase macc (increase it more)
loud speaker - increas matb (increase it more)
power cooler - reduce mp cost (gives ice spikes)
amplifier - add magic burst bonus + ai stuff (100% chance to reset elemental recast on skill chain)
galvanizer - adds counter (adds shock spikes as well)
By Ruaumoko 2019-02-26 04:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

"Adjustments" to existing attachments.

• Mana Jammer to provide both Magic Def. Bonus and Magic Eva. Bonus.

• Attuner to have Damage Limit + added to it.

• Attack Bonus % on the Tension Springs to be increased.

• Dynamo attachments to also increase Critical Hit Damage.

• Flame Holder, Ice Maker and Barrage Turbine to no longer consume Maneuver effects.

• Inhibitor to only provide Store TP, with the Skillchain effect being exclusive to the Speedloader.

"Additions" to attachments, assuming we're actually getting new ones. That wording was vague.

• Kinetic Reflector - Automaton uses Foil, enhances evasion against Special Attacks.

• Healing Diffuser - Enables access to "Curaga" spells.

• Focalizer - Enables access to VI-Tier Elemental Magic.

Though really what the job needs is some quality of life adjustments. An ability which gives the effects of the attachments currently being affected by Maneuvers would be incredible for master DPS. Failing that, the cooldown on things like Strobe and Flashbulb needs to be a lot shorter.
[+]
 Phoenix.Diamondvr
By Phoenix.Diamondvr 2019-02-26 05:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Reduction on enmity generating maneuvers would be welcome. Found myself holding off on having a fire maneuver active until right after zero hour goes off because chance always favors provoke going off right before zero hour or some hate resetting ability and everyone is anxious for the next ability that will establish hate back on the puppet.
 Phoenix.Diamondvr
By Phoenix.Diamondvr 2019-02-26 05:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I could have a few people agree that a new Automaton head and frame would be welcoming surprise they could sneak in with #pupdate along with maybe trading off the martial mastery overkill on kenkoken for something more practical.
 Asura.Karumac
Server: Asura
user: Karuma
By Asura.Karumac 2019-02-26 05:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what we need is a simple override command that lets us force the robot to do a thing, but give the override either a long recast or a cost in burden such that it's not just Ready or Blood Pact but with robots.

And what if they relaxed the casting rules such that all bodies can cast as long as the head is a mage type. Soulsoother Valoredge actually casting cures on itself like a PLD would be cool. Would never happen, but would still be cool.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-26 06:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
"Adjustments" to existing attachments.

• Mana Jammer to provide both Magic Def. Bonus and Magic Eva. Bonus.

• Attuner to have Damage Limit + added to it.

• Attack Bonus % on the Tension Springs to be increased.

• Dynamo attachments to also increase Critical Hit Damage.

• Flame Holder, Ice Maker and Barrage Turbine to no longer consume Maneuver effects.

• Inhibitor to only provide Store TP, with the Skillchain effect being exclusive to the Speedloader.

"Additions" to attachments, assuming we're actually getting new ones. That wording was vague.

• Kinetic Reflector - Automaton uses Foil, enhances evasion against Special Attacks.

• Healing Diffuser - Enables access to "Curaga" spells.

Though really what the job needs is some quality of life adjustments. An ability which gives the effects of the attachments currently being affected by Maneuvers would be incredible for master DPS. Failing that, the cooldown on things like Strobe and Flashbulb needs to be a lot shorter.

Ooo, I like this.

* Healing bot definitely needs Curaga to be a viable, trust-like healer.
* Tank bot is mostly limited by not being able to do hate moves with too long of cooldowns, if they delinked the Strobe provokes, that'd be nice, plus a foil would be slick.
* Nuke bot needs lots of adjustments, overall general macc adjustment, then large boosts to the attachment bonuses for matk/macc.
* Ranger bot is in a decent place, but steadily falling behind so the % boosts to attack would be nice.
* Dark bot needs a good bit of revamping to be useful. Maybe make it like a Rune bot instead with natural high meva.
By shawkky 2019-02-26 06:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering SE added plenty of abilities such as smite and physical damage limit and inquartata, I’ll say they are going to have these added to either the Automaton and or new and existing attachments. I can see PDL+IV and Smite+II added to the SS frame and inquartata+II added to the VE frame. Though I never complained about my overall SC damage being done with Auto it’s high time to see muuuch bigger WS numbers churned out from it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-26 07:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Make party buffs applicable to the Robot.

Adjust the 2nd SP such that it cause's the master to absorb the robot and inherit all it's attributes, like a suit of battle armor.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-02-26 07:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Surely we can be more creative than to rip off DRGs SP1

and no you will never become this

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-26 07:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How about an entire party of PUP's then, each one having to use the correct maneuver to be eligible to form Voltron Super Pup.
[+]
By Gorion 2019-02-26 07:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fix paladin and we wont need a puppet
By Taint 2019-02-26 07:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well played lol! One of the better raids IMO.

I'm just hoping for some AoE Hate tools.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-02-26 08:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

a BLM puppet that throws t6 nukes and meteor would be a good start.

Pup would be a far more interesting job to me if it had attachments that gave it some interesting 'ready moves' like bst pets.
Then you could have more player controlled puppet actions combined with the elemental maneuvers for extra variations.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-02-26 08:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Diamondvr said: »
Disable "special attack" attachment. So people will stop yelling at pup for interrupting SCs.

This would be great; tbh, they should just change one of the utterly useless attachmens like Scanner or Tactical Processor to give it a “no WS” effect.

+1 to all of the suggestions to remove SC logic from the Inhibitors, those would be WAY better if they were STP only. And Speedloaders handle SCs much better anyway.

Make Repair/Maintenance and Eraser remove Doom effect from puppets (if not make puppets outright immune, like charm). It’s dumb that this one move is a death sentence with no way to remove, especially when one of PUP’s most useful roles is as a tank.

Yes to giving curaga to WHM head, maybe attach it to Vivi Valves or Damage Gauges.

Give RDM head Distract/Frazzle II, Dia III, Slow/Para/Addle/Blind II.

More enmity generation tools would be nice. Maybe change something like the never used Reactive Shield (blaze spikes) to give Sentinel (fire also related to existing enmity attachments, so would fit well into tanking maneuvers). Add Palisade to Barrier Modules.
 Fenrir.Turtle
Server: Fenrir
user: Genbu
By Fenrir.Turtle 2019-02-26 08:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is no one speculating about the warrior picture to the right of the pup?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-26 08:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I like your adjustments a lot but:

Ruaumoko said: »

Unsure on this.
100% fine on Barrage Turbine, it should just have a small cooldown, shouldn't consume maneuvers.
Fire Holder and Ice Maker though are meant with a clear idea in mind.
The idea of greatly boosting damage a the cost of something. That something is maneuvers + risk of overload.
Flame Holder I feel it's not that vital (they could transform it into a WSD attachment, with lower potency but no maneuvers erased) but for Ice Maker it's a problem.

There's two things to be said about Ice Maker.
One: it's basically the only way to make magic damage decent, otherwise it's plain broken
Two: it's super annoying to use, even with KKK, only worse without that.

Now if we look at things from this perspective I'd say the major issue here is not that Ice Maker is annoying, but rather that magic damage in general is so broken that you *need* Ice Maker to make it somewhat interesting.

The "best" fix I could imagine for this would be to leave Ice Maker like it is, but tweak magic so that it's not so bad without it.
I mean, if we're talking about hopes&dreams, this is what they should do. Of course they won't lol

Quote:

Frankly I think they should give Tier V to the RDM hat, Tier VI to the Black and that should be a fix to the heads, not the attachments.
Heads could use a plethora of other adjustments, like remove the dreaded Aspir/Drain from the default AI and bind them behind a specific attachment.

YES I know you can avoid that by using ADD, but ADD is:
1) Annoying
2) Was never meant as a proper way to use the automaton, it's just an "exploit" players found as a countermeasure for the jobs' shortcomings that SE refuses to fix.

One thing I find incredibly annoying is how the WHM pet is WORSE than a bloody trust. Despite the supposed control you have over it, even with excessive stress/focus on the maneuvers and attachments you use, the WHM pet is simply crap.
Or rather it's okaysh if it's just for yourself, it's simply not sustainable for pt healing.

I think this is ***. No way a pet built specifically for the purpose of healing should do worse than a bloody trust. Imho, of course.
By Fayona 2019-02-26 08:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the warrior picture is just to show the additional upgrades to the new Ambu weapons.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-26 08:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Turtle said: »
Because it's not a "Warrior" pic, it's a "new ambuscade weapon final upgrade" pic.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-26 08:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Give RDM head Distract/Frazzle II, Dia III, Slow/Para/Addle/Blind II.
Support this! If not by default bind it behind a "debuffer" attachment that increase the chance of landing debuff and unlocks a plethora of them.

Also Haste2.
In an Era where we have Hastega2 and trusts who can haste2, I don't see why not giving it to the RDM pup as well. Would also serve to further differentiate the RDM head from the other mage ones.
please kill me

That way you could have a pet who specializes in healing, one that specializes in damage, and one that does a bit of everything plus unique buffs/debuffs, which would be the clear choice in a situation where you only need light healing or intend to use a trust healer.

Quote:
More enmity generation tools would be nice.
While the more the merrier, I wonder how much it's a problem of enmity generation or simply enmity retention?
Or maybe both?
Regardless, I'd love to see them further boosting the role of PUP as a tank.
Not sure they originally meant it to go that way, but it's such a cool concept in the world of MMORPGs, so unique, I'd love SE to further explore on that, making it even more viable that it already is.

Immune to doom please!
They really can't play the "unbalanced" card, after the pet already is immune to charm and death.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-02-26 08:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Because it's not a "Warrior" pic, it's a "new ambuscade weapon final upgrade" pic.
Lol
By Numquam 2019-02-26 08:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Let us see timers on flash and provoke...
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-02-26 08:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I predict dissapointment, the way its been for over a year now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Turtle
Server: Fenrir
user: Genbu
By Fenrir.Turtle 2019-02-26 08:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Lol

I believe it was predictions! No one wants ambu weapon upgrades do they?
By Nariont 2019-02-26 08:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire Holder and Ice Maker though are meant with a clear idea in mind.
The idea of greatly boosting damage a the cost of something. That something is maneuvers + risk of overload.
Flame Holder I feel it's not that vital (they could transform it into a WSD attachment, with lower potency but no maneuvers erased) but for Ice Maker it's a problem.

could simply do the same for ice maker and lower is mab in return for keeping it active, or raise the mp cost of the spell/recast as a detriment, as is nuking is limited by the maneuver wipes ontop of the overload burden associated with spamming ice, plus the autos clunky nuke AI. The whole maneuver wipe thing "worked" in the past when the game was slower paced but now its just a hindrance more than anything else

Also Haste2.
In an Era where we have Hastega2 and trusts who can haste2, I don't see why not giving it to the RDM pup as well. Would also serve to further differentiate the RDM head from the other mage ones.

RDM frame got haste II long time ago
[+]
By shawkky 2019-02-26 09:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
I predict dissapointment, the way its been for over a year now.

Exactly. SE is gonna put some makeup on the attachments and tell the PUP community to “shut up and pull strings you peasants”.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2019-02-26 09:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP is a pretty strong job already, any improvements would be great. They haven't nerfed anything in a while so let's hope they don't start here. Glowy Ambuscade weapons are cool, though I was hoping for an augmentation system similar to the capes since pleading for iLV Magian trials have been fruitless and seem to fall on deaf ears. If anything, this update will define the direction we're heading in as far as job adjustments go. So far it hasn't been that bad.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-02-26 09:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Haste2.
But... the RDM puppet has had haste 2 since like before Delve was released...
First Page 2 3 4