Leveling mules for AMAN TROVE
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-18 16:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryujinjakka said: »
It is not free gil though, how much would 4 new accounts with maximum characters cost?

He's already got them, so, nothing. Just time (as previously mentioned) to get to 99. yes time is a cost, small investment for (potentially) yuuuge payout.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By huttburt<3 2018-11-20 00:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

you're delusional
By huttburt<3 2018-11-20 00:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, you know, you can do 3 orbs a month and all 3 could drop a body. 300m right there. Obviously it wont happen, but it could

Especially when someone writes an add-on to hack it
seriously your logic hurts
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-11-20 00:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

unlike a regular lottery your expected returns per ticket don't decrease as you get more tickets so sure, why not
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-20 01:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently levelled a same-account mule to 99 for the very same purpose, took me a couple of weeks.
Without a mule it's an incredibly excruciating process.

The problem is not much levelling to 99, which by itself is no small feat as it takes a while if you have no mule to leech kills.
The problem is rather the huge amount of time taken by:

1) Doing rank missions
2) Doing some RoV missions (only a few are necessary, but the more you get, the easier it becomes to level up)
3) Doing Genkai missions

All of these require a lot of moving around, so to make the process faster you will have to do some non-necessary things like the Chocobo/Mount quest for instance, and some more.
Keep in mind you have no HPs on your mule, probably no trusts, and so on.

It drained so much of my will (which is very low to begin with) that, without a real second account mule, I decided for the moment not to level any other mules to 99.
Maybe in the future if a friend lends me an account for 1-2 weeks, but definitely not without that ><
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-11-20 02:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you abusing unity warps? They're really helpful for getting a fresh account with no warps to new places.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-20 04:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, they helped me a bunch, but there are limits to that too °-°
Being a mage job with sneak/invi also helped me a ton doing genkai and stuff.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-11-20 07:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

if you are very serious about making aman alts you can get the prereqs done in a 2 day hardcore grind abusing power leveling
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-11-20 08:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
if you are very serious about making aman alts you can get the prereqs done in a 2 day hardcore grind abusing power leveling

You can do 2 days w/o power leveling, just grinding... 1-99 is seriously a weekend project. The only real caveat there is that you REALLY want Shantotto2 as she will knock several hours off your total time investment.. and as I mentioned before, /blm ftw.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-11-20 08:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting a raptor mount helps alot too. In any non dungeon zone, it gives you equivalent of sneak and invisible and movement speed plus
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-20 08:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »

You can do 2 days w/o power leveling, just grinding... 1-99 is seriously a weekend project. The only real caveat there is that you REALLY want Shantotto2 as she will knock several hours off your total time investment.. and as I mentioned before, /blm ftw.

Shantotto II is absolutely game breaking for 1-99 without help
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-12-06 21:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well fancy that.
 Asura.Ayahuasca
user: ayahuasca
By Asura.Ayahuasca 2018-12-11 13:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It might worth IF you can power lvl your alts with a BLU or BST in escha zitah, maybe multiple alts at same time. And also if you can rush through the limit breaks for all those accounts without going mad (good luck!)
By tyalangan 2018-12-18 11:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ran into somewhat of an issue with quests and looking for a workaround (Unless sticking the course will still be faster):

All my mules are Bastokan so to get trusts for Maat I need to do the Quadov fetch quest yet it is constantly camped for crafting and none on AH. So, my only options are:

1. Continue the quest path for all mules camping against Palborough campers
2. Level THF for all my mules and have to steal the testimony instead of farming drops with my main PL AND steal from Maat
3. Level WHM and try to survive 5 minutes with each mule.

Is it faster to do all rank 1-3 quests, camp fetch quest and RoV missions rather than leveling one of the above jobs for Maat?
By tyalangan 2018-12-18 11:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause what’s the success rate of steal? 25%? 1/4 to get testimony and 1/4 to steal from maat? How much time would that take per mule over fetch items?

How do the Gil sellers do this all the time? Highly doubt they’re doing RoV missions? They don’t even gear up so couldn’t kill Maat. Have to go as THF, right?
By Pantafernando 2018-12-18 11:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You can easily beat maat with whm with no skill, few spells and 2 sets (pdt and cure) all of them AH. You dont even need Af
By tyalangan 2018-12-18 11:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
You can easily beat maat with whm with no skill, few spells and 2 sets (pdt and cure) all of them AH. You dont even need Af

I’ve tried this with SS, cure and cure 2. Couldn’t last kiting in wide circles. He was doing 180 a hit. The time it would take to level each mules healing skill would take too long. Not sure about buying pdt sets for 40+ mules either. Wouldn’t be enough available on AH and not sure what pdt there is at 70.

I see a bunch of heghfghhghjfhtr gillsellers here at Maat now all naked. They aren’t fighting him and doubt gill sellers would invest time in leveling healing. They have to do it via THF unless there’s another job that can gimmick maat, right?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-18 12:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

All you need for WHM is a basic set with level 50+ defense, cure3, cure4, protect4, tav taco, remedy to have an easy time. You can do it with a lot less. I use 3/5 blessed, nobles tunic, nobles crown, earth staff, umbra cape and just pass it to the char doing the fight.

Cast protect, use taco, pull maat, stand still and let him hit you. Use divine seal cure4 when your HP gets low the first time, bene the second time. Don't go too low and let him ws kill you. Spam cure3 after that until you win, timing it between melee hits. Done it 200+ times, no skillups required.

(Or, just speedhack around for 5 min and he gives up anyway. I don't recommend this with how easy it is otherwise, but I know someone will say it. It's probably what the gilsellers are doing if naked.)
By tyalangan 2018-12-18 12:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I’m just not even trying with no gear and cure2. I’ll find npc gear or see what I can buy with sparks and put more effort into the whm route. Thanks guys.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-18 12:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Okay I’m just not even trying with no gear and cure2. I’ll find npc gear or see what I can buy with sparks and put more effort into the whm route. Thanks guys.
If you have 40 mules to do, just spend the 500k or whatever on a proper set and pass it through the mules. When one mule runs back to maat to clear the quest, trade it to the next to start the fight. It's a one time, pretty small cost to reduce your frustration significantly.

Protect4, Cure4, Cure3 are all NPC buyable. Tacos and remedies from curio moogle.
By tyalangan 2018-12-18 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you have 40 mules to do, just spend the 500k or whatever on a proper set and pass it through the mules. When one mule runs back to maat to clear the quest, trade it to the next to start the fight. It's a one time, pretty small cost to reduce your frustration significantly.

Protect4, Cure4, Cure3 are all NPC buyable. Tacos and remedies from curio moogle.

Yeah, definitely. Slipped my mind. This is perfect.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-18 12:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

I’ve tried this with SS, cure and cure 2. Couldn’t last kiting in wide circles. He was doing 180 a hit. The time it would take to level each mules healing skill would take too long. Not sure about buying pdt sets for 40+ mules either. Wouldn’t be enough available on AH and not sure what pdt there is at 70.

I see a bunch of heghfghhghjfhtr gillsellers here at Maat now all naked. They aren’t fighting him and doubt gill sellers would invest time in leveling healing. They have to do it via THF unless there’s another job that can gimmick maat, right?

Dont forget afflatis solace, time your cures right after he hits so youbwont be interrupted. The cureskin will reduce a bit the dmg taken plus the pdt.

Imo, the only "problem" would be managing MP, but you can also bring some elixir if needed. After you get used you can do without any medicine
By Chimerawizard 2018-12-18 12:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

can you simply kite Maat for 5 minutes with herald's or crier's gaiters?
there's also defending ring for the pdt set if there's a character with it on that account.
By tyalangan 2018-12-18 14:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
can you simply kite Maat for 5 minutes with herald's or crier's gaiters?
there's also defending ring for the pdt set if there's a character with it on that account.

I must have done so many things the hard way already considering I didn’t think of any of these ideas.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-18 14:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The area itself isnt that big with a small corridor between the entrance and the actual arena.

Iirc one of the whm obj is total amount healed so that should be more likely to happen before 5 mins. And more reliable aka this month ambuscade.

Most likely this fight wasnt designed to be won by kiting. But can happen with luck or "tools".
By tyalangan 2018-12-18 15:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, yeah that was easy with pdt. Thank you all.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2019-01-24 02:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a given but dont this outside Swift Shoes Supor Kupower (thrifty transit also helps a bit if you dont have any nation unlocked).

Unless if you arent running faster than a chocobo in lv1 gear.
 Sylph.Pve
Server: Sylph
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2019-01-27 15:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to get 45 mules to lv99 over 2 months, including getting all the silver voucher logins during the campaign with a help from a irl friend.

Used whm for maat fight, I broke down the list of tasks to speedrun 1-99 with a PLer in escha zitah, etc.

I can post more details later.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-27 16:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Im doing mine and definitively dont want to spend more than a week on them (15 mules in an account).