FFXI Download Error.

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » FFXI download error.
FFXI download error.
 Leviathan.Bloodvayne
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bloody1
Posts: 5
By Leviathan.Bloodvayne 2018-11-06 08:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Alright guys. This issue is getting mindboggling and frustrating, being this is the 3rd or 4th time I've uninstalled and reinstalled the dagone game.

This is what it is though, I'll redownload it, have all that's needed PoL, FFXI, all the expansions but when I pull up PoL and do a file check for FFXI to download the patches.. I only get Playonline and Tetramaster. Seriously frustrated or seriously too illiterate to download this God forsaken game correctly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 Shiva.Devastation
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
Posts: 57
By Shiva.Devastation 2018-11-06 09:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Are you file checking before you log in? Pictures would help also.
 Leviathan.Bloodvayne
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bloody1
Posts: 5
By Leviathan.Bloodvayne 2018-11-06 15:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yeah, I file check through PoL and only says Playonline Version & Tetra Master my only two. Redownloading now to see if that makes a difference but will have pics momentarily.
By Jetackuu 2018-11-06 15:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Just launch the game, it will filecheck itself...

If the game isn't available to launch then you didn't install it, or the registry is so corrupt it doesn't think you installed it.
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3185
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-06 17:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Jetackuu said: »
Just launch the game, it will filecheck itself...

If the game isn't available to launch then you didn't install it, or the registry is so corrupt it doesn't think you installed it.
Facts
 Leviathan.Bloodvayne
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bloody1
Posts: 5
By Leviathan.Bloodvayne 2018-11-06 17:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lmao. I'm doing something wrong then, cause it isn't seemingly coming that easy to me. PS has sucked me in so bad, i've lost my sense of direction on PC. D:
By Jetackuu 2018-11-06 22:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
There's literally a step by step instruction guide on playonline.com as to how to download the game and install the files.
Offline
Posts: 277
By DaneBlood 2018-11-06 22:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Tou realise you have to go through 8 or so sub installed when installing the game.
not just install the POL from the install menu ?

It sounds to me you just isntalled POL and not the game
[+]
Offline
Posts: 112
By Caerda 2018-11-06 22:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Did you install the actual game?
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3185
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-06 23:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
DaneBlood said: »
Tou realise you have to go through 8 or so sub installed when installing the game.
not just install the POL from the install menu ?

It sounds to me you just isntalled POL and not the game
Pretty sure Dane is right. But yeah there is a step by step instruction.
 Leviathan.Bloodvayne
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bloody1
Posts: 5
By Leviathan.Bloodvayne 2018-11-07 12:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Well I found out they're malicious, so I'm purging the system again.. and Going from step one, my internet is pretty trash so it takes like 4 hours to download from site. I'm gonna keep trying, appreciate the help though.

Also, how the hell do I post a Screenshot on here?
 Leviathan.Bloodvayne
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bloody1
Posts: 5
By Leviathan.Bloodvayne 2018-11-07 16:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I finally got it! Haha.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3185
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-07 16:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Bloodvayne said: »
I finally got it! Haha.
Welcome to the show.
 Odin.Drakenv
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
Posts: 3185
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-07 16:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
 Asura.Yojimmbo
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yojimmbo
Posts: 988
By Asura.Yojimmbo 2018-11-07 16:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Bloodvayne said: »
Alright guys. This issue is getting mindboggling and frustrating, being this is the 3rd or 4th time I've uninstalled and reinstalled the dagone game.

This is what it is though, I'll redownload it, have all that's needed PoL, FFXI, all the expansions but when I pull up PoL and do a file check for FFXI to download the patches.. I only get Playonline and Tetramaster. Seriously frustrated or seriously too illiterate to download this God forsaken game correctly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Make sure that all the files end with .rar otherwise you will receive an error code when trying to unzip them. There should be 3-4 files if you go through the site with the roll-over of updates. If you are going through the official website, make certain that all the download have the same .rar at the end. If you can't figure that part out, you will have to keep downloading the same crap over and over.
By Jetackuu 2018-11-07 19:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Leviathan.Bloodvayne said: »
Alright guys. This issue is getting mindboggling and frustrating, being this is the 3rd or 4th time I've uninstalled and reinstalled the dagone game.

This is what it is though, I'll redownload it, have all that's needed PoL, FFXI, all the expansions but when I pull up PoL and do a file check for FFXI to download the patches.. I only get Playonline and Tetramaster. Seriously frustrated or seriously too illiterate to download this God forsaken game correctly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Make sure that all the files end with .rar otherwise you will receive an error code when trying to unzip them. There should be 3-4 files if you go through the site with the roll-over of updates. If you are going through the official website, make certain that all the download have the same .rar at the end. If you can't figure that part out, you will have to keep downloading the same crap over and over.

They should actually be a .exe and 1 .001 file, a .002 file and a .033 file there should be no .rar

The filenames are literally in their links:

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FFXISETUP.exe
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.001
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.002
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.003
Offline
Posts: 277
By DaneBlood 2018-11-08 15:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Bloodvayne said: »
I finally got it! Haha.

[+]