New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Hobbies besides FFXI
Hobbies besides FFXI
By fonewear 2018-10-30 16:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Viking said: »
Masturbating and trolling.

I've never seen a troll on the internet if you find one let me know.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-30 16:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And your name Viking. You win.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 16:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've considered being a Viking as a hobby...I'll look into it.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-30 16:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes at the same time !
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-30 16:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I've considered being a Viking as a hobby...I'll look into it.
Become a Viking and stand in hobby lobby. If people ask what you’re doing be like, “I’m a Viking and it’s my hobby which is why I came to hobby lobby.”
[+]
By kalimairo 2018-10-31 00:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
kalimairo said: »
Quit this game until a 75 official server or a new expansion . So many Hack lua players Game has changed to Final Script 11 no skill required just buy scripts from windower devs.
It’s going to be ok :comfort:

if state.Whining.value ~= 'Extreme' then
add_to_chat('/comfort')
end
why play a game when a script does everything why dont people just read a book or watch a movie or better just not play?
Lol you know its true, i swear they need to bann windower again.
Fixed
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-31 00:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I make beer on my weekends off.
I also have a pet dog, a welsh springer spaniel.
[+]
By volkom 2018-10-31 01:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

make a video of your home brew
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-10-31 08:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fighting games, Magic the Gathering and rhythm games.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-31 09:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
Downhill mountain biking 2012 Commencal DH V3 Supreme

Dirt biking 2006 Kawasaki KX 125

Motorcycle trials, borrow my friends 2011 Beta 300cc

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Dude, new Meta AM 29er looks sick. Been trying to get my hands on a test for a while.

And the French team has been dominate this year riding the Supreme with that insane high-pivot design.

Commencal might be my next bike.. either the AM or TR 29.

I’ve been hearing good things about the wagon wheels too. Wonder if it’s possible to fit 27.5ers...

As someone who's been on a 29er for a while now, it's well worth it to check out. Although, i'm 6'1" – so 29 inch wheels still feel plenty agile.

I haven't read anything about it, but you could probably run 27.5+ on the new versions. I would think 27.5 would be pushing it a little though with ground clearance. BBs are already so low to the ground. (Doesn't stop people from running 26" wheels on modern DH bikes though)
 Asura.Lotomos
user: Lotomos
By Asura.Lotomos 2018-10-31 09:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I play snare drum competitively
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-10-31 12:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit this game until a 75 official server or a new expansion . So many Hack lua players Game has changed to Final Script 11 no skill required just buy scripts from windower devs.

someones salty lmaoo

also, trolling people on facebook until I get suspended for x amount of days, then continuing it on instagram
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-31 13:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

someones salty lmaoo

also, trolling people on facebook until I get suspended for x amount of days, then continuing it on instagram
So much salt!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-10-31 14:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Downhill mountain biking 2012 Commencal DH V3 Supreme

Dirt biking 2006 Kawasaki KX 125

Motorcycle trials, borrow my friends 2011 Beta 300cc

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Dude, new Meta AM 29er looks sick. Been trying to get my hands on a test for a while.

And the French team has been dominate this year riding the Supreme with that insane high-pivot design.

Commencal might be my next bike.. either the AM or TR 29.

I’ve been hearing good things about the wagon wheels too. Wonder if it’s possible to fit 27.5ers...

As someone who's been on a 29er for a while now, it's well worth it to check out. Although, i'm 6'1" – so 29 inch wheels still feel plenty agile.

I haven't read anything about it, but you could probably run 27.5+ on the new versions. I would think 27.5 would be pushing it a little though with ground clearance. BBs are already so low to the ground. (Doesn't stop people from running 26" wheels on modern DH bikes though)

Somewhat of an issue with 26” on my Commencal. Easy to drag the pedals even after adjusting sag. Unfortunately the Fox 40’s don’t support larger than 26” wheels.
By Boshi 2018-10-31 17:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Name, flag, server: checks out.
[+]
By Draylo 2018-10-31 17:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Buying things on Amazon
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-10-31 19:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Ruaumoko said: »

make a video of your home brew

And name it... Torcleaver?
[+]
By Sabishii 2018-10-31 20:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing Warframe a lot lately. It's a legit free to play game. Space ninjas fighting clone armies, techno/money worshippers, and [s[zerg[/s] infestation type enemies. Build an arsenal of weapons and different frames (think classes) with different powers. And it's not pay to win either, considering you can trade with other players to acquire the currency.

Building a lot of hype lately with the soon to be released Fortuna update with an open world on Venus.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-10-31 20:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In my free time I typically like to pay for hookers to choke me out in the shower.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-10-31 22:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
It’s going to be ok :comfort:

if state.Whining.value ~= 'Extreme' then
add_to_chat('/comfort')
end
why play a game when a script does everything why dont people just read a book or watch a movie or better just not play?
Lol you know its true, i swear they need to bann windower again.
Fixed

First, there's a big misconception that needs clearing up here.
There's a huge difference between using a GearSwap, which is essentially an improved version of in-game macros, and outright botting.

Swapping gear in fight is an intended mechanic of the game that was originally done via macro pulldowns, Where people would chain macros by either putting half of a set of gear in one macro, then the other half in another macro next to or below it.

During the early HNM days there was alot of elite players who played multiple jobs who had a need for SpellCast (the precursor to GearSwap) because they simply had too complex of a set of things to do to put it into macro form (Red Mage and to a lesser extent, Black Mage were good examples.) So, due to innovation, SpellCast was created. Now, these addons came out at a similar time to things like ProjectTaco and Clipper, which most people confuse it for. Using SpellCast or GearSwap does not make you able to do things that were completely impossible in the game... you are not ALTERING the game code in any way, it's just a reworking of ingame functions to work in a similar way.

GearSwap is improved over even that; It allowed for returning to different idle (or just standing there) sets depending on what you were doing (this was useful for tanking, for instance) where to do this in game you would have to have rows upon rows of virtually cloned macros.

Here's where things get interesting though. Square Enix realised that these things were being invented out of necessity. This is why Equip Sets is even a thing. I don't know if you simply didn't play before 2015 or something, but they haven't always been there, and there has ALWAYS been a need for something that performed the function of what they now do.

In summary, you don't seem to even know what botting, or for that matter, SpellCast/GearSwap/AshitaCast even are, let alone how to tell them apart from each other.

For that matter, if you think players that use GearSwap have some massive advantage over non GS using players... You would be wrong. If you said that prior to the addition of GearSets, you would have a valid point... but the issue is Square Enix themselves realised this game is virtually unplayable without it.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-01 01:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A few of my hobbies:
I collect and play Magic the Gathering casually and competitively. I have 4 EDH decks, 3 preconstructed decks, a competitive Pauper deck, 37 constructed 60 card decks, for a total of 45 MTG decks (I like building MTG decks), and also have a preconstructed Yugioh deck for casual play.

I also like to cook and learn new cooking methods, skills, concepts, and recipes.

I also like pew pewing. I have a Ruger Mark II pewpewer that looks like the Nazi pistol, and a 22 long rifle. pew.

bike riding, camping.

Vidyagaems.

I used to watch A LOT of anime.

Used to do a lot of arts and craft of all kinds, and origami stuff.

Is posting memes on FFXIAH/FB a hobby?

also cats :3
[+]
By mhomho 2018-11-01 06:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Magic cards too!

I only have two casual commander decks and don't play so much as I just watch other people play or read about it.

Ofher than that I'm pretty boring. Cook. Clean. Take care of my animals (cat and dog). Dream about being some husbando's trad waifu.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-11-01 06:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I mostly play Limited when it comes to MTG, I really like the fact that you have to build a deck from "scratch" and try to win the whole FNM/tournament with it.

I used to play competitively but it has died down since I came back to France, the game isn't overly popular in my city for some reason and I've lost track of EU events. Maybe I'll resume if I find a new person to travel with.

I have a few constructed decks but they're getting old now (Koth of the Hammer is my main one).
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-11-01 10:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko, great setup! When do you open the brew pub?

Endoq, I used to be REALLY into MtG, but haven't bought an expansion pack this century. I mean tournament judge and competitive tournament player in Seattle. I still have all my cards, which includes all the old power cards.

My favorite deck from those days had a 1 in 4 chance of dropping a yagmoth demon on turn 2. Needless to say its TOTALLY illegal today.
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2018-11-01 10:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There's a huge difference between using a GearSwap, which is essentially an improved version of in-game macros, and outright botting.

Sort of. You can use spellcast/gearswap/windower macros as a crude bot. You can create a macro that repeats /ja "Provoke" with a /wait 0.2 and put dozens of lines of it. This is a rudimentary way to voke bot. Later came bots that could target the mob immediately and voke using packets so the mob would spawn claimed.

You could use windower macros to bot things like magic skill ups. Just put thousands of lines of casting barspells, leave the game on for 10 hours overnight or while at work, come back to capped skill.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-11-01 14:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Endoq, I used to be REALLY into MtG, but haven't bought an expansion pack this century. I mean tournament judge and competitive tournament player in Seattle. I still have all my cards, which includes all the old power cards.

My favorite deck from those days had a 1 in 4 chance of dropping a yagmoth demon on turn 2. Needless to say its TOTALLY illegal today.
I started playing in 1994 and all the way through 1999 when most of my friends quit. Most of my good cards (power nine, every dual land x4-plus) all got stolen when my car got stolen.
I was out of the game for 15 years and returned and have nearly a full set of dual lands again and I replaced a lot of my power nine with high quality proxy for the time being... I also played in the Seattle area and at WOTC. the bulk of my collection is from winning tournaments at local card shops with my “cheese” deck that typically wins on turn 3, and possibly turn 2 with the perfect opening hand. I have remade this deck as a Pauper format (Only commons are legal) and continue to win tournaments (when i have the time) with turn 3 victories lol. now days they call Type 1 “Vintage” lol. I’d really like to challenge you to some old school MTG if you’re still in the Seattle area!

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I mostly play Limited when it comes to MTG, I really like the fact that you have to build a deck from "scratch" and try to win the whole FNM/tournament with it.

I used to play competitively but it has died down since I came back to France, the game isn't overly popular in my city for some reason and I've lost track of EU events. Maybe I'll resume if I find a new person to travel with.

I have a few constructed decks but they're getting old now (Koth of the Hammer is my main one).
Due to the age of my collection. The only tournaments I can even join now are in Limited format (Now days they call this “draft” tournaments) and Pauper. Having a long history with deck build understanding, mana curve, “Sligh deck”, etc, has given me quite an edge vs newer current meta. I really enjoyed Limited format and Type 1 format the most.

mhomho said: »
I like Magic cards too!

I only have two casual commander decks and don't play so much as I just watch other people play or read about it.
Casual EDH is a lot of fun for me. The area i live in is overly competitive in the local EDH meta. Making the games rarely last beyond turn 5... they thoroughly destroy my casual EDH decks that often feature things like Banding and other janky combat styles
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [268 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-07-27 11:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Get on your bikes and ride!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-07-27 12:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

For work, I fix musical instruments, primarily woodwind and brass.

When I was in CO, I got big into higher altitude hiking (ones that start, stay, and finish above 10k feet) and climbing (top rope only, no free stuff...I do have epilepsy and all lol)

Before epilepsy set in I was a professional bassoonist, and I still teach beginners as well as play in smaller community groups.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2019-07-27 12:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy, I could fix those pipes too! And you could possibly help dirt riders with the same problem.

It's pretty easy to cave in two cycle exhaust pipes, they're huge.

[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-27 13:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Get on your bikes and ride!

No bikes, just racecar.

[+]