Area Not Loading (sometimes)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Area not loading (sometimes)
Area not loading (sometimes)
By Nyarlko 2018-09-18 19:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you replaced your RAM?

EVERY single time that I've ever experienced graphical glitches like that, replacing the RAM has fixed the problem.

Given that you are not playing on a potato powered toaster, and probably play higher end games than FFXI, I would imagine that if the RAM hasn't been swapped out in a while, it's probably been cooked more than it should be more than once. ^^;;
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2018-09-18 22:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This actually happens to me whenever I haven't logged out in a while. Usually 5+ days of staying logged in I'll get it randomly. Luckily I have Comcast so I dc often enough to not worry about it anymore....
By Sabishii 2018-09-19 00:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's happened to me too once or twice, on a brand new hard drive, OS on a brand new SSD, and a geforce 1080 GTX. It's on the graphics card. What happens is the zone doesn't fully load, and you can't move. Only way to fix it is to shut down, restart the game. Warp doesn't help either. It doesn't happen often at all, twice in a year. It's not his computer.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
By Mookies 2018-11-08 13:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just happened to me. What a weird bug. I have never seen it before and I've put some heavy hours into the game before dec 2017. Perhaps its something they did in a patch this year.
By DaneBlood 2018-11-08 15:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

happenedd to me last week but on only one of my characters (trioboxing)

I had to kill the process and restart the game to fix it.