Who Doesn't Have Windower?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Who doesn't have windower?
Who doesn't have windower?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-21 22:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember; just because they aren't buying them from the auction house, does not mean they aren't being sold in bazaar, sold via shout, and bought directly via spark and used themselves.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-21 23:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Theres like 3 people out of the entire playerbase that don't use it.

WRONG, 4 :P
By Afania 2018-07-21 23:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Theres like 3 people out of the entire playerbase that don't use it.

WRONG, 4 :P

Space in my rare species zoo is getting more and more full >:O
By Jetackuu 2018-07-22 00:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Semantics. You know exactly what I mean. Botting or not, it is in the same arena as pos hacking and speed hacking - illegal tools which advantage players who do not use them.
Care to defy this or just want to have a stupid debate over the word "bot"? A bot is... a script also. How do you think a bot works?

Arguments are built on semantics, the entire point of conersation is semantics, this is one of the worst arguments for being wrong ever.

A script doesn't necessitate botting, you're equating things that aren't equal. Oh and botting/scripting/speedhacking/poshacking are not the same things, k thanks.

The only thing they have in common is they are against the ToS, which so is this site, so congrats.

Keep believing whatever nonsense you want though, I'm outtie.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Wasteland 2018-07-22 09:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-22 10:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Breaking weaponskill trials does not give you an unfair advantage over other players.

Voidwatch and abyssea disagree
 Lakshmi.Igadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-07-22 11:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

2004 content is serious business, yo.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-22 11:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Igadget said: »
2004 content is serious business, yo.

Date is irrelevant. Also, both are up for revamp.

If for whatever reason you lack all ws and spells, you should consider getting your *** in gear. (Especially bandwagon blus)
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2018-07-28 16:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If I eyeroll any harder, my eyeballs will literally fall out of my skull.

Theres like 3 people out of the entire playerbase that don't use it. yes it's cheating. no, no one cares.

Yes, per SE, rules from 2002 it is cheating, but that was 16 years ago and SE has in fact made the game easier.

So IMHO, it clearly was cheating when the XBox and PS2 version existed. Today it is technically cheating but everyone is on the PC and can use Windower so it is an even playing field.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zonobia
Server: Cerberus
user: Zonobia
By Cerberus.Zonobia 2018-07-28 17:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering official SE employees were using Windower when they were showcasing stuff at a Vana-fest years ago, I'd say that's about as much an endorsement of it being "ok" as you need.

From there, just use your own judgment about what is right and wrong when considering which additional features to use. If there's an add-on that you feel crosses the line into unfair-cheat-territory, then don't use that add-on.

There are simply too many quality-of-life improvements provided by Windower not to use it if you can.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-07-28 19:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Windower so I can go beyond, plus ultra!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [622 days between previous and next post]
By billnes 2020-04-11 00:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Grimsaviour said: »
So I'm torn, do I get it or not? Does it help with crafting? Is it cheating to not have to hit the up key and /lastsynth 500 times?
Give me you thoughts.

I like it. I have two accounts, so I do use it to dualbox. I use my characters to powerlevel each other. I also put TXT scrips on macro. This makes calling trust *so* much easier.

Deep down, this is how I feel about Windower in terms of being able to sending false data out to the SE data center. I would like to use the term "Packet Injection" if I wouldn't be guilty of the crime of falling victim to a meme... (you certifiable and bonafied phucks - you know what I'm talking about and you know who you are)

"Windower4 is extremely similar in nature to a pharmaceutical: It is safe and effective when used for the correct reasons and in the proper dosage. Again, just like a pharmaceutical, it is also highly susceptible to abuse, addiction and overdose. This is especially true if players of Final Fantasy XI Online allow a sense of greed to get the better of them. Some players will cheat with Windower4 to satisfy their Ego. The unfairly achieved progress will cause other players to talk about the cheaters with accolades and superlatives that the cheaters truly have not earned. These Windower4-abusing players will use words like elite to describe themselves. They will use the phrase high-tier players to describe groups of other players that know how to use the identical cheating methods. If Windower4, and Windower5 Beta got shut down tomorrow, the productivity of these people would instantly drop by more than three-fourths (¾)."
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-04-11 00:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people on my server are so anti windower, they have FFXI set to force quit as soon as they alt tab. Just like the good old days!
By Felgarr 2020-04-11 01:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

billnes said: »
Grimsaviour said: »
So I'm torn, do I get it or not? Does it help with crafting? Is it cheating to not have to hit the up key and /lastsynth 500 times?
Give me you thoughts.

I like it. I have two accounts, so I do use it to dualbox. I use my characters to powerlevel each other. I also put TXT scrips on macro. This makes calling trust *so* much easier.

Deep down, this is how I feel about Windower in terms of being able to sending false data out to the SE data center. I would like to use the term "Packet Injection" if I wouldn't be guilty of the crime of falling victim to a meme... (you certifiable and bonafied phucks - you know what I'm talking about and you know who you are)

"Windower4 is extremely similar in nature to a pharmaceutical: It is safe and effective when used for the correct reasons and in the proper dosage. Again, just like a pharmaceutical, it is also highly susceptible to abuse, addiction and overdose. This is especially true if players of Final Fantasy XI Online allow a sense of greed to get the better of them. Some players will cheat with Windower4 to satisfy their Ego. The unfairly achieved progress will cause other players to talk about the cheaters with accolades and superlatives that the cheaters truly have not earned. These Windower4-abusing players will use words like elite to describe themselves. They will use the phrase high-tier players to describe groups of other players that know how to use the identical cheating methods. If Windower4, and Windower5 Beta got shut down tomorrow, the productivity of these people would instantly drop by more than three-fourths (¾)."

The reason Windower (or any 3rd-party tool) exists is because of a failing of SE to establish a closed-feedback loop with their users. They frequently neglect to meet the needs of their users, which can often arise organically through repeated play, with regular communication, feedback and software updates.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-04-11 08:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If Windower4, and Windower5 Beta got shut down tomorrow, the productivity of these people would instantly drop by more than three-fourths (¾)
Along with SE's subscription revenue.
[+]
By billnes 2020-04-11 16:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
If Windower4, and Windower5 Beta got shut down tomorrow, the productivity of these people would instantly drop by more than three-fourths (¾)
Along with SE's subscription revenue.[/qu[quote="Bismarck.Xurion" pid=3503717]
Along with SE's subscription revenue.

Unfortunately, I am forced to agree with this assessment. There would also be a tremendous cut to Square-Enix's revenue if they were to ban absolutely every RMT on every server.
[+]