Forum » FFXI » General » June 2018 Version Update
June 2018 Version Update
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-06-07 01:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it was created during the bloody period of barance.

Pretty sure they would refrain from touching anything related to that Tanaka guy they tried to shelf somewhere in their HQ.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Tarage 2018-06-07 01:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Well sub cancel time until something meaningful gets implemented. Not worth the $12 for nothing anymore. Good luck out there FFXI addicts, maybe see you again for Empy +2/3...

See you tomorrow.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-06-07 02:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well sub cancel time until something meaningful gets implemented. Not worth the $12 for nothing anymore. Good luck out there FFXI addicts, maybe see you again for Empy +2/3...
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Yoshimuru
Server: Asura
user: Yoshimuru
By Asura.Yoshimuru 2018-06-07 02:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »

See you tomorrow.

every.single.time !
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-06-07 02:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Antica are really easy if it's the same as it was last time.

Pulling this out from my archive.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-07 06:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Total Hallmarks gives TWO seals now Oo
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-06-07 06:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Antica are really easy if it's the same as it was last time.

Pulling this out from my archive.

Wasn't this from before the triple HP change? I remember doing this with a manaburn setup. If you killed the Cactuar fast enough, there are no adds. With 3x the HP I don't think that will be possible though. I have a bit of a feeling that this month will be SMN Burnable...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-07 08:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The adds didn't have much HP anyway, lets see how it pans out cause I'm expecting a new twist thrown in.
By fonewear 2018-06-07 08:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
I'm pretty hyped. Getting nothing for a month will let me focus on some old goals.

Should save this post for future updates !
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-06-07 08:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing wrong with taking a break once in awhile. I unsubbed too, but withdrawal symptoms are real!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-07 08:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
WAT

In before bug.
Or in before when they doubled the Resins they accidentally doubled something else as well lol?
By zaxtiss 2018-06-07 09:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone remember where to get the ki for this months V1 and V2?
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-06-07 09:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
WAT

In before bug.
Or in before when they doubled the Resins they accidentally doubled something else as well lol?

Sounds like SE apologize for getting nothing else on that update
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-07 10:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quote:
"Adds 75% of wyvern's max HP as additional damage" and "Adds 100% of wyvern's max HP as additional damage" have been applied to the job abilities High Jump and Soul Jump as well.
As such, item help text referencing these properties now reads as follows.
"All Jumps: Adds 75% of wyvern's max HP as additional damage" / "All Jumps: Adds 100% of wyvern's max HP as additional damage"

I hope they follow this pattern in the future and make any jump-enhancement gear similar with the "All Jumps" text. Would be nice if they retroactively adjusted previous "jump" enhancement stuff as well.

Quote:
The help text of the following items has been changed.
Vishap Mail +2 / Vishap Finger Gauntlets +2 / Vihsap Greaves +2 / Vishap Mail +3 / Vishap Finger Gauntlets +3 / Vishap Greaves +3 / Iktomi Dastanas / Crusher Gauntlets / Peltast’s Schynbalds / Peltast’s Schynbalds +1 / Maenadic Gambieras / Vishap Mail +1 / Vishap Finger Gauntlets +1 / Vishap Greaves +1 / Ostro Greaves / Cizin Greaves +1 / Cizin Greaves
The Jump TP Bonus, Jump Accuracy Bonus, and Jump Effect attributes of the following items now apply to all jumps instead of just Super Jump.
Vishap Mail +2 / Vishap Finger Gauntlets +2 / Vishap Greaves +2 / Vishap Mail +3 / Vishap Finger Gaunttles +3 / Vishap Greaves +3 / Iktomi Dastanas / Crusher Gauntlets / Maenadic Gambieras / Vishap Mail +1 / Vishap Finger Gauntlets +2 / Vishap Greaves +1 / Ostro Greaves

Spoken into existence.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2018-06-07 10:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Faloun said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
WAT

In before bug.

Sounds like SE apologize for getting nothing else on that update

Seeing as Matsui recently noted that Ambuscade isn't as active as other aspects of the game, as well as how it takes a bit to really earn points, it's probably more of a band-aid fix at the moment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-06-07 10:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, they actually made a change based off a submission I made.

Changed the Ram Companion's name to Sheep Companion. Yeah, just a dinky localization item, but I was awfully disappointed thinking I'd get a Ram mount after all those Mog Garden quests, only for it to turn out to be a Sheep mount.

Really hope they fix pet enmity gear to adjust snarled enmity and increase enmity from self-buffing pet ready moves.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-07 10:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Ambuscade was Capescade/Moneyscape for a while. When everyone got capes + money and all their gear, the event pretty much just became a monthly occurrence to earn HQ abj/rema money and never to be touched again. At least they are admitting they are moving in a different direction and not trying to beat a dead horse. They are making 10 year overdue QOL adjustments, but it's getting done.

Personally, I think rather than SE randomly pick a previously released fight for V1, they should release 2-3 of the previous fights a month and allow them to be chosen by party members before entry.

I.e. July V1:
Option 1 - Mamool fight
Option 2 - Dullahan fight
Option 3 - Frog fight.

This would give a little variety, and would encourage more groups/jobs to try the one that fits their style. People will still mostly pick the "easiest" one, but certain fights specifically favor some jobs over others, and a good mix of those fights spreads out the job variety a bit more. I think that's a good alternative to re-releasing these fights, since some of them may inexplicably fall on the "SMN ONLY" battle, and that discourages players from even trying other workable strats.
By Afania 2018-06-07 10:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This would give a little variety, and would encourage more groups/jobs to try the one that fits their style. People will still mostly pick the "easiest" one, but certain fights specifically favor some jobs over others, and a good mix of those fights spreads out the job variety a bit more. I think that's a good alternative to re-releasing these fights, since some of them may inexplicably fall on the "SMN ONLY" battle, and that discourages players from even trying other workable strats.

The only SMN ambu is moogle ambuscade anyways. It's the difference between 10-15 min fight AND deal with fairly high coordination requirement v.s 2 min fight with smn.

Every other fight that has been smn burned were 3-5 min without smn. If you add the annoyance of 1hr reset time smn isn't faster at all.

I have absolutely no idea why people want to ac burn antican one......
By clearlyamule 2018-06-07 11:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Really hope they fix pet enmity gear to adjust snarled enmity and increase enmity from self-buffing pet ready moves.
First is likely working as intended given it's how all the other enmity transfers. Second depends on if they remember they still hate bst lol
By DanielH 2018-06-07 11:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Changed the Ram Companion's name to Sheep Companion. Yeah, just a dinky localization item, but I was awfully disappointed thinking I'd get a Ram mount after all those Mog Garden quests, only for it to turn out to be a Sheep mount.es.

Same here, what a disappointment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-06-07 11:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
First is likely working as intended given it's how all the other enmity transfers.

Maybe working as intended, but maybe not.

I think its much more likely that they didn't even consider how much enmity pet self-buffing moves should generate. Mobs don't have any enmity generating special mechanics, because players choose their own targets.

When they overhauled bst ready mechanics, they boosted them to be like weaponskills. but I'm confident they didn't even ask if they SHOULD adjust enmity and just left the buffs at the default of 1.

Sure, you can say its working as intended if they never intended anything else, but I'm pretty sure they 'fixed' other things in the past that were obviously just not designed for, but were good ideas.

shucks, back in 2012 and 2013 I made several discussions on se forums suggesting that pet ready moves should skillchain, because blu used monster moves to skillchain, and smn and pup can both skillchain w/ pets. It seemed a natural, and consistent adjustment to make. someone over there must have thought it was a good idea. I wasn't even hoping for a boost in ready move damage. I just wanted to open w/ ready move and close w/ master at the time for skillchain fun.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-06-07 11:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The issue wherein the Rune Fencer ability Embolden did not properly affect certain magic.

The issue wherein the Rune Fencer gift Enhancement Magic Received Duration did not properly affect certain magic.
I wish they'd explain this in detail... What didn't Embolden work correctly on?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-06-07 11:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I wish they'd explain this in detail... What didn't Embolden work correctly on?

i think it was in known bugs last month. was it Phalanx?

I don't remember exactly, but I do remember reading the bug note about it.
 Ragnarok.Casey
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-06-07 12:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53963-May.-10-2018-%28JST%29-Version-Update?p=606801&viewfull=1#post606801

"The rune fencer gift Enhanced Magic Received Duration does not get applied to the white magic spell Aquaveil."

Doesnt say if embolden also didn't work.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-06-07 12:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well. Embolden does and did work on phalanx. It's just that it interacted oddly with phalanx+ gear. Embolden applies to the base phalanx value, and then the phalanx+ is added afterwards. It's much the same for any spell with specific potency+. Stoneskin, etc.

If they made Embolden apply to the base+gear then that'd be cool.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-07 12:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
First is likely working as intended given it's how all the other enmity transfers.

Maybe working as intended, but maybe not.

I think its much more likely that they didn't even consider how much enmity pet self-buffing moves should generate. Mobs don't have any enmity generating special mechanics, because players choose their own targets.

When they overhauled bst ready mechanics, they boosted them to be like weaponskills. but I'm confident they didn't even ask if they SHOULD adjust enmity and just left the buffs at the default of 1.

Sure, you can say its working as intended if they never intended anything else, but I'm pretty sure they 'fixed' other things in the past that were obviously just not designed for, but were good ideas.

shucks, back in 2012 and 2013 I made several discussions on se forums suggesting that pet ready moves should skillchain, because blu used monster moves to skillchain, and smn and pup can both skillchain w/ pets. It seemed a natural, and consistent adjustment to make. someone over there must have thought it was a good idea. I wasn't even hoping for a boost in ready move damage. I just wanted to open w/ ready move and close w/ master at the time for skillchain fun.
Since it seems it wasn't clear the first part I was referring was the first part of your thing I quoted
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-07 13:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder why they didn't update Brigantia's Mantle to reflect that change as well.
[+]