Kyou issues
First Page 2
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-05-31 22:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I built a number of setups to kill Kyou this last week and most of them wiped;
my first setup was
PLD MNK DRK WHM COR BRD
and we managed to kill it twice, however this was mostly because the MNK was really good and carried the team.

since then i tried every type of setup to kill kyou, trying to SMN burn it numerous times and melee burn it a few times and it keeps killing me..

part of the problem I think I have is that I only play BRD WHM and THF; and it seems from a SMN burn perspective they would prefer to have SMN SMN COR PUP GEO RDM but again it seems like the meteor spam kyou does at 25% wipes out the SMN. The PUP earlier today was suggesting that when you have 2 parties the PUP would be the only one to get hit by meteor (is this true?)

Anyways I want to know what you know about kyou, would NIN MNK RDM be effective at killing him. What are effective methods and strategies to kill kyou?
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-05-31 22:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest way is to use Fade on GEO.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-05-31 23:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyou also has Unfaltering Bravado which is 10k DMG that needs to be split or eaten by a nin w/ migawari. Having more bodies to spread out that damage helps a ton. If you fight it on non light/dark days then you probably won't encounter meteor also.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 23:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Kyou also has Unfaltering Bravado which is 10k DMG that needs to be split or eaten by a nin w/ migawari. Having more bodies to spread out that damage helps a ton. If you fight it on non light/dark days then you probably won't encounter meteor also.

Wrong. Ninja migawari cannot eat bravado. You die and sack simple as that. Or bring two tanks. Normallyi come ninja or dark to this and the paladin sacks.

Reason you're dying is because of interference spam and meteor, both of which are scrub resistant. People get impatient within the last 25% and that's where the wipes always seem to occur. My suggestion is to have a single dps on kyou for last few bravado which will make him spam interference less. Bolster fade frailty makes short work of him. Pup in a separate party works but you should be able to kill him easily if people are intelligent towards the end and don't cause him to spam tp moves.

Dark Knight using arcane circle also helps a little.
[+]
By pchan 2018-06-01 00:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be able to clear it with 2 SMN, GEO WHM PLD BRD. The 2 SMN give you 2 free perfect defense so that you don't care about bravado. We had PLD just die and garuda or MNK tank a couple of second while he reraises. I'ver never done it with 6 but I know fend and fade make meteor a joke.
By Afania 2018-06-01 00:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »

Fade or wilt is the best solution to 90% of PUG problems. If pt has difficulty because of wipe, throw more fade or wilt at it.

Alternatively shout for more rema for their cool kid magic power (I'm joking, don't do that)
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-06-01 01:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Shiva.Berzerk said: »

Wrong. Ninja migawari cannot eat bravado. You die and sack simple as that. Or bring two tanks. Normallyi come ninja or dark to this and the paladin sacks.

Reason you're dying is because of interference spam and meteor, both of which are scrub resistant. People get impatient within the last 25% and that's where the wipes always seem to occur. My suggestion is to have a single dps on kyou for last few bravado which will make him spam interference less. Bolster fade frailty makes short work of him. Pup in a separate party works but you should be able to kill him easily if people are intelligent towards the end and don't cause him to spam tp moves.

Dark Knight using arcane circle also helps a little.

Gotcha, my mistake then! haven't tried the nin method just didn't know migawari didn't work.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-01 03:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »

Dark Carols, Vex, Attunement, Addle, Sacrosanctity, Asylum, Nocturne, etc. Any kind of Mdef/Meva/resistance boost makes things a lot easier.

GEO is also good for positioning luopan to share 10k damage.

There really isn't an easy button for melee Kyou tho. She requires teamwork (stop damage if near Bravado if anybody low-hp, cursed), good defensive buffs AND a half-decent WHM. Kind of a tall order for PUG.

SE did a really good job designing the Omen caturae, Kyou in particular.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-01 03:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't particularly think there's anything well designed about half hp curse and 10k needles. personally they're all just annoying, nothing interesting or good about them.

Prophylaxes is pretty funny though.

Caturae and a close second Velkk are just terrible. Everything about them is douchey.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-06-01 05:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally do kyou w/ 2x pup tanks.
they are at 90 degree angles to each other.

and party is opposite side of both of them. 1 pup goes down, kyou goes after other, resummon and build hate again.

Then again our DD is usually at least in part pet style. smn, bst, cor, rng, or more pups.

A full pet party, pup, bst, smn, cor, geo, and another pup bst or smn can very smoothly take down all of omen.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-06-01 07:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done Kyou with DD, DD, GEO, GEO, Tank, WHM. Everyone stacks on the tank for Bravado. The two GEO's keep their bubbles on the tank. This gives the party 8 ways to spread the damage, making everyone take 1,250.

Like someone said above, the developers did great with Omen. It requires coordination and cooperation. You have to have everyone on the same page. The WHM has to curaga the whole party before and after 25% at just the right time to cap everyone's HP before and after bravado.

The best part about Omen is that there is no "best" method. There are multiple ways to take it down.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-06-01 11:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyou can be done with as few as 3 people if they're good enough. RUN GEO SMN. RUN needs to be expert at hate management though, keeping hate off the GEO but keeping it low enough so that a freshly-summoned Ramuh can steal hate with a single Volt Strike. The idea, obviously, is to have Ramuh eat the Bravados.

If tank hate gets too high, you can use Carbuncle's Pacifying Ruby to decrease it. GEO should stand around 18-19' away to avoid draw-in if they pull hate. If they're more than 20' away they will trigger a draw-in. SMN should also be careful not to bring him under a Bravado threshold if he hasn't cast a spell in a while, it's possible he'll decide to one-shot Ramuh with a nuke before Bravado goes off, and then Bravado will hit the tank.

Kill speed is the main problem, it takes a good 30 minutes to kill him this way even with top notch gear and 1hrs. Throwing in a second SMN helps massively.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-06-01 11:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Skip the tank and play Russian Roulette! DD spread out, and one with the highest hate wins!

:D

Though honestly, sometimes Ill just eat bravado on RUN, have a melee hold for a second, then arise and pick back up weakened. Like most GEO buffs will help if people dont have decent dt- sets and such. PUP Method is easy mode though. If you use minimal DD like that, they are gonna need to pretty decently geared.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-01 11:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, besides his high evasion, Kyou melts to high dps skillchains. I've seen him go from like 90% to in the 60s from a DRK 3-step with torcleaver. He's super squishy and has nigh one gmimick to fall back on.
By Tehdoze 2018-06-01 20:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

split the damage between the whole pt or alliance and win
 Fenrir.Cariboulou
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cariboulou 2018-06-01 23:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If your interested on the pet win. Pup pup smn smn geo cor Easiest is 1 pup tank on each side every 25 percent release the smn avatars and stop dmg when he uses his move. One pup will die and he will go to other re activate the dead auto and keep it on opposite side do not have kyou facing the party. At 28 percent geo fraility and bolster then have both smn astral flow and conduit then volt strike it kyou should be stunned and dead by the time conduit ends or ur smns are out of mp. Good Luck
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-06-02 00:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazy kyou solution: bring a bunch of card leech newbies in under the strict requirement that they be bravado fodder, dont lot gear. They stand about 7-10m directly behind the tank. Far enough to not get hit with his aoe, but close enough to eat just bravado. For meteor spam they stay 30+ away.
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-06-02 01:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I just learned today that Bravado simular to meteor can only hit the player and his/her party members; it does not aoe to other alliance members. We had a pup today in sepearate party for the alliance and we gathered together for bravado and it would only hit him with it..
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-02 02:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyou is pretty straight forward provided you have an alert team like everyone mentioned above.

-Avoid fighting her during dark day, she will spam Meteor if you do.

-Try to go with more than 8 people (excluding bubbles) so you would only take 1k dmg each from Bravado and trust me many people would love to join to stand still behind tank to eat bravado while you do all the work [We almost always go full alliance to Omen and we never faced an issue with her, just make sure everyone stands in a line like dyna payday back in 2006].

-Dark Carols are imperative to avoid getting Cursed+Bravado unless you time her Bravados outside Curse window (by holding damage) and switch to your DT sets.

-Having a DNC in main DPS party saving "some" TP to waltz right after cursna if you don't want to stop DPS by timing it with WHM is critical [DNC can also use Contradance + healing waltz in oh ***moments when WHM can't cursna for some reason].

-It really doesn't hurt at all for party to stack holy water and make macros to use them whenever cursed if all other tools failed.

-GEO bubbles should be casted behind tank to eat damage with party (Also Fade helps)

-A multi step sckillchain is definitely the way to go to finish her off really fast.

Post deleted by User.
By pchan 2018-06-02 04:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Never understood the strategy behind gathering the tank for bravado, it necessarily bring ***here and there especially during meteor mode and especially with less than 6. I strongly suggest ppl doing this for the first time to do it with PLD and sacrifice it during bravado while letting an avatar or a second tank DD temporarily tank it (PLD + aegis). Can also use perfect defense on tank it works like a charm.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-02 06:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How stacking is more effort? you're literally just standing in line doing absolutely nothing lol..

Sure, it can be done .. you can spend 15 minutes fighting her that way or do stacking with as many people as you can find (8 is enough and all pets count..) and finish under a minute or two.

Also,

I've yet to see that claimed "***here and there"..

Not everyone goes there to AC/AF...
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-06-02 06:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

most people stack right behind the pld, sitting in range of all his aoes.

Stack the leeches 10m directly behind the tank, they'll only get hit by bravado and make it monumentally easier.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2018-06-02 19:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So surprised you guys aren't bringing RUN to this. I've solo tanke it on RUN, and we shadowbind or kite for the 15 seconds it takes to get me arised and rebuffed after Bravado. You can easily hold this weakened, and runes make meteor/comet do absolutely nothing. You can also save One for All and Valiance for the zerg at the end, to make it easier on your party.

Your DD naturally need to be competent, being able to drop 15%+ in an sc gives you a lot of breathing room, and your whm needs to be on the ball with arise after Bravado, but it's really not too bad.
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-06-05 18:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
I just learned today that Bravado simular to meteor can only hit the player and his/her party members; it does not aoe to other alliance members. We had a pup today in sepearate party for the alliance and we gathered together for bravado and it would only hit him with it..

DirectX said:
I don't believe that to be true. Maybe automaton makes it weird like that.
^^^
If anyone can find out for me I want to know for sure if bravado can me split among other players in alliance please.

so i had another two failed attempts yesterday, one where we tried summoner burn 2SMN GEO COR WHM PUP, we got draw in twice after 25% and died, I was playing white mage and kept drawing hate it seems with barstonra and barpetrify makes me immune to being petrifed, but i guess i wasn't holding the monster still enough. I was trying to point it at the wall when we got draw in, and the pup died followed by everyone else.

and then we tried again with PUP WHM BRD GEO SAM BLU
i asked the SAM and BLU to sub nin and they complied.
after much debate, I tried putting the puppetmaster in a seperate party, and we got just to about 25% when the puppetmaster died (it was the same one..) the samurai was holding the hate, got cursed and died. Everyone confirmed they had holy waters I was playing the BRD this time... I was having the players sub ninja to avoid curse effect through auto attacks but now im starting to think sub job RUN is so much better for kyou, you gain status resistance to curse with dark rune, as well as reduced damage taken from meteor...

I wanted to split the bravado damage with that last party, but the white mage was half way against it.. So im thinking the most ideal party for kyou is:
(RUN/WAR) (RUN/DRK) (MNK/RUN or DRK/RUN) (GEOx2 or GEO&RDM) (WHM/SCH)
from a bard perspective it seems like evasion bonus would be good for avoiding cursed and petrify from auto attacks, Bards also have a Addle (called Pinning Nocturne) that seems to help a lot when it comes to avoiding being cursed from auto hits, the DRK is good because Arcana killer.. bump

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-05 18:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
If anyone can find out for me I want to know for sure if bravado can me split among other players in alliance please.

Yes Bravado will split damage across all targets with enmity. We have successfully split it across an alliance before, most of the rest being mules there to get the KI for Ou. The targets need to be on the hate list though, can't just be afk the entire time and run up to get hit.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-05 18:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had mules there for Kyou who never moved at all. Damage still hit them.
First Page 2