CP Chain Resetting?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » CP Chain resetting?
CP Chain resetting?
 Phoenix.Taplaiceps
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Taplaiceps 2018-05-19 17:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I want to explain this a bit, because I understand exactly how experience points and capacity points work, or so I thought.
My CP chain continously resets, no matter how fast I go in a party, between chain 28-31. Of course, fighting ridiculously slow, I can never get up that high, however even a "slow" party up to a super quick party, I can never get past about 31.

The next 2 examples are without CP Rings. I was in a party yesterday in which we were fighting apex bats and apex crabs in DHO gates, and were killing 2 mobs for 1 party. We would average about 10-13 secs per enemy death (average between 2 mobs, so about 20-26 seconds each), and we were pulling in about 9.3mil/hr (330jp/hr). However, every single time my chain reset back to 1 at about chain #31.

A friend of mine today is stating he got over chain 100 in Woh Gates killing apex jagils, and was doing 350jp/hr with a very good party, a little slower kills, however since his chain never reset, he was getting the max 65k per kill each mob.

Of course when my chain resets back to 1, without ring, I'd get about 25k. So we were actually killing faster then he was, but my chain would reset and his wouldn't. Can anyone explain this?

I thought for sure it was speed of kill only. But apparently that's not the case since the party I was in was killing mobs faster.

I have almost all of the cp bonuses done, and am only missing the monster rearing bonus. Is it possible that has something to do with it?
By Nocki 2018-05-19 17:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The higher ilvl mobs have a longer leniency on capacity chain. The base time to maintain chain is 30 seconds (any more than this and it will break over chain #29). I don't know exactly how many seconds extra it is (my guess would be 5), because I haven't checked. I just know that I have killed apex jagils in woh and it not broken above chain #31 after 31 seconds have passed since the previous kill.
 Phoenix.Taplaiceps
By Phoenix.Taplaiceps 2018-05-19 18:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I was wondering if it was the ilvl of the mob in question.

So it was just so happens, we barely missed our chains, while he was barely making his.
By Kodaijin 2018-05-22 12:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the requirement gets faster the higher your chain. I thought that after chain 30 the time requirement is shorter by 10-15 sec. I've been well over cp chain 100 getting capped cp per kill but they were 7-10 sec kills.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2018-05-22 13:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Maintaining CP chain is the best way to get great CP/hour - over CP chain #100, CP per mob is almost doubled (at least during the campaign). The highest CP chain I ever sustained was CP chain 665, but that was with two people cleaving at a very large camp. I have not measured the exact time required to maintain chain over 100, but if you have to walk more than 30 yalms to find a mob you will likely reset the chain.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-22 13:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Would agree with Larry for sure. Hit several CP Chain 100+ last night in Reisenjima during Gain EXP. With no rings or qultada corsair roll bonus, was getting 10k~12k CP/kill on Panopts and Tigers. Whenever chain reset, was getting 3k~4k (with cape). Chain reset around the 25-30 second mark and its quite frustrating to lose the chain when you're really high, as it truly cuts your cp/hour, whether solo or party.

The key in party play is to have a GEO or Bard pull your next few monsters nearly constantly, and sleep/bind them so that your dps auto-engage and don't have to waste precious seconds re-engaging and facing monsters. Those few ticks really make the difference in overall cp/hr.
 Phoenix.Taplaiceps
By Phoenix.Taplaiceps 2018-05-22 14:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yes. It's no problem getting higher than a 30 chain (we did oh 60+ in omen card farming a couple days ago). This was specifically on Apex mobs. I thought there was different requirements for those higher level mobs.