Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-06-01 11:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »
Non-glow terrible player probably plays WHM with level 37 sub job with no job points.
hell who needs a sub job

Make white mage great again....combine it with monk....you heal punch stuff in the face and hope people invite you.

Leave whm out of this. It's probably the most stressful job and one of the hardest to play well.
By Afania 2018-06-01 11:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kodaijin said: »
I wouldnt call it rage quitting. I would call it not wasting your time dealing with people who wont follow basic strategy when you can literally get an entire new group in 10-15 min who will do the proper strategy.

This is easy to see on asura where you see SR shouts a dozen times a day. If the server is less populated where there is less PUGs for SR or any other event, then youd be more inclined to stay and figure it out.

So the Pro of Asura is if you get into a bad group, you can leave that group and immediately find a more competent group.

the con of Asura is experienced people with a low level of patience for PUGs wont give it an honest try if they see failure incoming.

Vs a smaller server where it would be this:
Pro: people are more forgiving and willing to make a group work
Con: if the group fails you will struggle to find another group when compared to a larger server.

I am guilty of this at times. If you wipe to a VD ambuscade 2x with no wins, there is no point in staying when you can literally disband and be in a new group who will win 5-6VDs in an hour.

Wiping VDx2 is common as hell, lol. It's almost the required process of getting efficient VD wins.

Just FYI, this month's ambuscade if we use the best setup (RUN x2 + cor as DD) each run takes roughly 4.5 min from enter to finish for a win. I considered it fairly quick compare with other VD groups.

Before we nailed down that setup though, we failed like....5-10 times. And the winning runs took 10 min instead of 4. We just keep making adjustments until the entire pt is fully optimized.

What really matter isn't failing, but learn from what doesn't work and fix the mistakes. Once you get past that it stays. If I just rage quit after 1 fail for another pt there's a high chance that it would be just as bad, and failed experience can't accumulate.

So to me, it isn't a "con" in anyway.
 Asura.Patriclis
Server: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-01 11:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Exactly what is "VE level DD" though?

A DD that can only pull 10% of the overall damage over a 20minute long fight.

And before you say "Well % damage is relative, if the other 2 DDs were VD level then of course they would pull more.. so maybe he was an 'N-level' DD compared against 2 VD level DDs."

Note that 2 DDs that could do VD would -not- take 20 minutes to kill N.

And since you asked about gear: NQ ambuscade Ayanmo gear, using Iris, without Erratic flutter or natures meditation unlocked, no food, using vorpal blade.

I've shouted that way and got Hepatizon weapon DD in nq ambuscade gears using sub optimal ws, I did D anyways and only took 10 min.
Congrats on being a virtuous angel and carrying a baddie through some content. But just because you're nice and lovely and the best friend to all the good little noobies and nooblets doesn't mean the rest of us want to be. Some of us would like to clear content safely and quickly and not have to constantly carry poorly geared players who insist on trying to weasel their way into content they cant do.

If every member of our party was geared as poorly as that BLU we would not have been able to clear Normal.

And again, this isn't an occasional happenstance. On Asura it's constant.

I would love to invite a SMN if they claim they can main heal. Always love to see players push the potential of their job to the max.
Except as people have pointed out, Asura isn't a magical fairy where players are constantly trying to push their job to the max. In most cases people are simply trying to do something they can't actually pull off, because they want to do the content you're shouting for.

Virtue signal harder.

When I do PUG stuff I write down the names to know if they are *** or terrible players. That way you can know who to invite who not to invite.

Yup. I keep a shitlist with detailed accounts of what the player did and why I think they're bad.

Yeah, it seems like a "con" of the server. People almost never "rage quit" after 1 quick fail in PUG here, seems like a trend on Asura.

I don't know why, maybe the environment and others around you changes the nature of people? If you live a busy lifestyle in city with 200 things to do daily, even a 5 min wait in store could be painful. Living in a slower paced environment, everything just goes on and on.

If everyone always live an intense life as doing one simple N is serious business with no room for failing at all, I guess that's the REAL reason behind rema shout. Because this "if PUG fail I'm doomed" environment would push people look for best setup possible.

I'll usually leave a party if it wipes 2-3 times in a row on something like Ambuscade. Usually, it has to do with the leader of the group not knowing what needs to be done or why losses are happening. So rather than trying to fix someone else's group, I'll just leave and find/make my own.

There's no point trying to get a failing group to 'pull through' because it's so easy to find or make a new group anyway.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-06-01 11:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
One thing I'll say about Asura is that moving here will cause your patience to run incredibly thin. Its like we don't have time for the bullsht anymore, and after wiping to the first SR boss, I just can't suffer any longer. On other servers I've been on to stick around and make it work. But if within the first few moments I realize people aren't following a basic strategy (like stand back frmo Ebullient nullification, use Indi Fade, etc etc), I resign all hope and am ready to bounce.

If you're a patient person, coming here might really test your levels a bit.
On Bismarck there's one player who forces DC whenever things are not going perfectly. One time, he DC'd before we even left town because we were having some issues finding a 6th and when we were discussing redistribution of roles I suggested he help with heals on brd (was a cp pt. that should not have been an issue for him). Now a bunch of people on Bismark nicknamed DC'ing during an event after him.
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-01 11:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patriclis said: »
Exactly what is "VE level DD" though?

A DD that can only pull 10% of the overall damage over a 20minute long fight.

And before you say "Well % damage is relative, if the other 2 DDs were VD level then of course they would pull more.. so maybe he was an 'N-level' DD compared against 2 VD level DDs."

Note that 2 DDs that could do VD would -not- take 20 minutes to kill N.

And since you asked about gear: NQ ambuscade Ayanmo gear, using Iris, without Erratic flutter or natures meditation unlocked, no food, using vorpal blade.

NQ ambuscade gear in Iris is N level DD to me. A REMA DD in full HQ is VD level.

Erratic flutter shouldn't make a difference in proper setup, maybe a few attack if you use brd, but I normally don't care. I would argue natures meditation barely make a difference here, but I guess I'm the minority since not many leader likes to push pdif high like I do.

Congrats on being a virtuous angel and carrying a baddie through some content. But just because you're nice and lovely and the best friend to all the good little noobies and nooblets doesn't mean the rest of us want to be. Some of us would like to clear content safely and quickly and not have to constantly carry poorly geared players who insist on trying to weasel their way into content they cant do.

I personally find it extremely wrong that whoever invite nq ambuscade geared DD for ambuscade N is considered "nice and lovely person handing out a carry to bad players".

If I'm doing woc zerg and invited a DD at that level, then what you described would be totally appropriate. I don't do that in game, unless entire group got paid.

But ambuscade N is designed for DD at that level exactly. It's intended for new players without good gears. Just because the other DD in pt has elite gear, it shouldn't take away nq DDs opportunity to do ambuscade. Whether a DD is being carried or not, is based on content level, not the general gear level of playerbase.

It's as ridiculous as joining zitah clear on ambuscade dd and got called for being a leech and bad player because another guy in pt has rema. Low level content is exactly that.... Designed for low end geared players.

Also I'm just making assumption here, based on what you said about nq DD in Iris took 20 min to clear normal and there are 3 DD in pt, I'm going to guess the real reason behind slow run is underbuffed(which happens very often in PUG), not gear quality. A properly buffed 6 man pt wouldn't have 3 DD.

A few tips, using 2 to 3 supports, dia4, armor break(or other def down ws) makes major difference for kill speed, MUCH more than rema weapons.
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-01 11:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I'm just making assumption here, based on what you said about nq DD in Iris took 20 min to clear normal and there are 3 DD in pt, I'm going to guess the real reason behind slow run is underbuffed(which happens very often in PUG), not gear quality. A properly buffed 6 man pt wouldn't have 3 DD.

Good idea. Next time this happens, I'll kick that ***BLU, tell him it's courtesy of Afania of Ragnarok, and then get a GEO.

e.
By Afania 2018-06-01 11:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Good idea. Next time this happens, I'll kick that ***BLU, tell him it's courtesy of Afania of Ragnarok, and then get a GEO.

That blu could also come to a better server that no one care about gears in ambuscade N =)

Everyone starts somewhere, so someone has to start in ambuscade NQ gears. But appearantly for Asura it's morally incorrect to join even the lowest and easiest content in beginners gears.

If this isn't a cons, then idk what is.
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-01 11:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

A few tips, using 2 to 3 supports, dia4, armor break(or other def down ws)

Yes if you have a RDM, GEO, BRD, WAR and COR all there to babysit your 1 garbage DD... that garbage DD can pull out decent damage. But if you'd rather not wait 30+ minutes to get your 27 supports to join, you can make a party with a couple extra DDs, and so long as those DDs aren't garbage, you'll do just fine.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-01 11:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
One thing I'll say about Asura is that moving here will cause your patience to run incredibly thin. Its like we don't have time for the bullsht anymore, and after wiping to the first SR boss, I just can't suffer any longer. On other servers I've been on to stick around and make it work. But if within the first few moments I realize people aren't following a basic strategy (like stand back frmo Ebullient nullification, use Indi Fade, etc etc), I resign all hope and am ready to bounce.

If you're a patient person, coming here might really test your levels a bit.
On Bismarck there's one player who forces DC whenever things are not going perfectly. One time, he DC'd before we even left town because we were having some issues finding a 6th and when we were discussing redistribution of roles I suggested he help with heals on brd (was a cp pt. that should not have been an issue for him). Now a bunch of people on Bismark nicknamed DC'ing during an event after him.

I don't condone rudeness or disregarding etiquette at all. When I'm in a group that is failing, I'll either do one of two things: express that I'm going to leave (or just drop without badgering anyone), or will send the leader a tell about what's wrong, and see if he's willing to adjust. If he's not interested in hearing it or he's playing the blame game, I'll respectfully bow out. At this point in FFXI, I have only so much time during the night i can play, that I can't be bothered with foolishness anymore, especially if the group isn't going to listen and work together.

Now that is entirely different from force DC to get out of the way of telling the group you're not interested in sticking around. Be a man and tell them you're leaving. Nothing is more cowardly than forcing connection loss so you can save face and just leave the group. That trick is old and tired.
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-01 11:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes if you have a RDM, GEO, BRD, WAR and COR all there to babysit your 1 garbage DD... that garbage DD can pull out decent damage. But if you'd rather not wait 30+ minutes to get your 27 supports to join, you can make a party with a couple extra DDs, and so long as those DDs aren't garbage, you'll do just fine.

You don't need Rdm for dia4. Sam DRK run can all do def down and they are dd themselves.

Anyways.

About your argument that "it's easier to find dd and set the standard higher". I have no intention to change how people think their pt should be made, since it's clearly depends on supply and demand. But this argument is related to server pros and cons.

If anything my pov about asura and big server just lean even more towards negative after the entire discussion. Appearantly it's a "right thing" to be not so friendly towards new player just starting out because supply and demand justify it.

So lets stop at that and let whoever reads this decide whether it's pros or cons.

But if anyone ask me "which server should I go" I will give them my honest opinion based on this discussion: Asura isn't a friendly place for players that's not elite nor play support, due to supply and demand.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-06-01 12:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So this hashtag, #movetoasura

It's about pros and cons of different jobs?
 Ragnarok.Viking
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gaugen
By Ragnarok.Viking 2018-06-01 12:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-01 12:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need Rdm for dia4. Sam DRK run can all do def down and they are dd themselves.

Anyways.

About your argument that "it's easier to find dd and set the standard higher". I have no intention to change how people think their pt should be made, since it's clearly depends on supply and demand. But this argument is related to server pros and cons.

If anything my pov about asura and big server just lean even more towards negative after the entire discussion. Appearantly it's a "right thing" to be not so friendly towards new player just starting out because supply and demand justify it.

So lets stop at that and let whoever reads this decide whether it's pros or cons

The point is that there are plenty of people doing VE or E groups on asura where that BLU could have contributed and gotten points. Instead, he joins an N group, forcing us to kill slower, and slowing down the gains of 5 other players. If this was a small server, where fewer people were doing events, fine, I could see people being more willing or needing to carry a lower level... but that's not the case on Asura.

This BLU joined content above his level and contributed nothing, just so he could get hallmarks a little bit faster than a group doing a tier of content more his level; Meanwhile, 5 other people had to gain fewer hallmarks than they otherwise would due to this BLU. And undergeared players on Asura do this CONSTANTLY. They try to push themselves into higher level content and skip steps, rather than doing content at their level, and this comes at the cost of the rest of the group having to progress more slowly.

And it's not like it's limited to only getting 1 of these people in a party. I've had parties where all the DDs don't meet the DPS requirements to beat content and end up timing out or wiping repeatedly.

And I never said not to be friendly to these players. I didn't even kick that BLU, I spent an hour in that party, and got maybe 30% of the hallmarks that I would have gotten otherwise. If I do kick someone, I explain why and tell them that they dont meet the requirements, tell them what they would need to do to get up to that level of content etc. I don't badmouth them etc.

But I also recognize that dealing with players who constantly expect to be carried, and in turn cause wipes, disbands and losses is extremely tedious. And if someone wants to avoid that by shouting for "REMA DD ONRY" then I don't blame them. Because yes, It's extremely annoying, especially when you have a job & family and only have a couple hours a day to achieve your goal. Setting yourself back to carry some stranger who thinks he deserves to do N or D when he only has the gear to do VE is not something people want to do.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-06-01 12:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is that there are plenty of people doing VE or E groups on asura where that BLU could have contributed and gotten points. Instead, he joins an N group, forcing us to kill slower, and slowing down the gains of 5 other players. If this was a small server, where fewer people were doing events, fine, I could see people being more willing or needing to carry a lower level... but that's not the case on Asura.

This is specifically why this migration is so strange. It's almost always lower level players that jump server, looking for more action, then they get there and get the bolded reaction.
People on Asura keep posting on forums saying "come to Asura, it's better." Well, don't invite people to stay in your home if you don't plan on feeding them. People from Asura are to blame for the problems on Asura because for years you've been telling everyone "not happy where you are, come here." So that's who you got, all the unhappy, inexperienced and under geared players. Now you all need to make good on your promises. You need to feed and clothe your guests.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-01 12:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »
Non-glow terrible player probably plays WHM with level 37 sub job with no job points.
hell who needs a sub job

Make white mage great again....combine it with monk....you heal punch stuff in the face and hope people invite you.

Leave whm out of this. It's probably the most stressful job and one of the hardest to play well.

I refuse to play WHM because it is under appreciate in general. If you are a career whm good for you...but some of us only play because no one else wants to play it.
 Asura.Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-06-01 12:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is specifically why this migration is so strange. It's almost always lower level players that jump server, looking for more action, then they get there and get the bolded reaction.
People on Asura keep posting on forums saying "come to Asura, it's better." Well, don't invite people to stay in your home if you don't plan on feeding them. People from Asura are to blame for the problems on Asura because for years you've been telling everyone "not happy where you are, come here." So that's who you got, all the unhappy, inexperienced and under geared players. Now you all need to make good on your promises. You need to feed and clothe your guests.

I bolded the part you ignored that basically sums up my response here. People say come to asura because there are people here who shout for low-level content. You can find groups to do VE, or to farm Chapters 1-5, or do a high-tier battlefield on easy. etc.

But people come here and think they deserve to be carried constantly. Not gonna happen.

Yes they're unhappy under geared players. They came here. Now they're surrounded by other unhappy under geared players. They could make a group together and advance through the game and become friends and become happy well-geared players together. But no they don't all do that. A lot of them want to skip all the 'boring' stuff and be carried through, and yeah when that doesn't happen, they stay unhappy.

Yknow, it took me less than a week to unlock geo, level it to 99, and farm the 10~mil gil required to get it to 900 skill. I made the gil through soloing dynamis and farming sparks... and if I see a group shouting for a GEO (which is like 90% of groups) I can join it.

That's all it takes. 1 week of effort and you can have a job geared enough to do a bunch of content. And they don't even want to put in that level of effort. They insist on being carried. Well newsflash, yeah, we have a problem with that... and if that's the mentality you're going to have... If you're coming to asura expecting handouts and carries... just stay on your small server because you're more likely to get it there than here.
By Kodaijin 2018-06-01 12:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

hence all the posts about helping gear people you see on this site. And the tons of shouts daily to join returnee Linkshells. There have been plenty of times that I, and some people in my shell(or outside groups too, ive seen it frequently), will do a zone clear for an aeonic and bring along a returnee and just give them everything that drops for free. Ambuscade IMO isnt the best option for a returnee or someone who is just learning. the best option is to be polite and make friends. Telling a new person to just go do Ambuscade like it will solve all problem is irresponsible and may just lead to them quitting. and we dont want more people quitting. gotta keep the game going!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-01 12:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to feed and clothe your guests.

What the hell? Have you not seen the threads where high-lvl asura players are pretty much giving away free clears/kills just because? This does happen already, stop making it seem like people are coming here and being left on the streets to fend for themselves.
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-01 13:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways.

So lets stop at that and let whoever reads this decide whether it's pros or cons

This BLU joined content above his level and contributed nothing, just so he could get hallmarks a little bit faster than a group doing a tier of content more his level; Meanwhile, 5 other people had to gain fewer hallmarks than they otherwise would due to this BLU. And undergeared players on Asura do this CONSTANTLY. They try to push themselves into higher level content and skip steps, rather than doing content at their level, and this comes at the cost of the rest of the group having to progress more slowly.

And it's not like it's limited to only getting 1 of these people in a party. I've had parties where all the DDs don't meet the DPS requirements to beat content and end up timing out or wiping repeatedly.

And I never said not to be friendly to these players. I didn't even kick that BLU, I spent an hour in that party, and got maybe 30% of the hallmarks that I would have gotten otherwise. If I do kick someone, I explain why and tell them that they dont meet the requirements, tell them what they would need to do to get up to that level of content etc. I don't badmouth them etc.

But I also recognize that dealing with players who constantly expect to be carried, and in turn cause wipes, disbands and losses is extremely tedious. And if someone wants to avoid that by shouting for "REMA DD ONRY" then I don't blame them. Because yes, It's extremely annoying, especially when you have a job & family and only have a couple hours a day to achieve your goal. Setting yourself back to carry some stranger who thinks he deserves to do N or D when he only has the gear to do VE is not something people want to do.

Then it becomes the argument of "at what point is getting carried". And it does relate to server supply and demand.

I do have a standard for pt gears depending on content that I do. Following general guideline, and I do have stricter gear requirement for VD.

But that doesn't mean I would set the same requirement for N. In general, I would consider a reisen weapon DD good enough for D, and zitah/119 AH SU weapons good enough for N. And I consider 8 to 10
min ambu runs acceptable, I don't always ask for 4 min VD runs, due to extremely small selection of people and jobs could accomplish such result.

Im a die hard ambuer, farmed 220k+ hallmarks last month going with variety of people, so safe to say that I have experience to have good estimate on DD quality to know exactly what kind of gear a DD needs to accomplish 8-10 min runs in chosen difficulty.

From my experience, nq ambu gears and 119 ah weapon is more than enough to accomplish sub 10 min runs in N. So as long as this standard is met, then it's not getting a carry.

It's very obvious that I often abuse buffs and support to accomplish the result: I almost always yell for dia 24/7, and any def- I could. Sometimes I even abuse bolster and I always use either brd+geo or double geo. I never go with a 3 DD setup. Because of that, there are more rooms for DD using lesser gears than someone using 3 DD setup.

Basically, a pt with ambu/ah 119 DDx2, geo x2 could kill just as fast as a pt with rema dd x3, geo or cor x1 was what I meant. Due to how much difference buffs make.

So claiming I'm letting people leech and "being nice to bads" is false. I just organize the pt in a normal way for DDs at that level. And I would prefer not to turn this into some kind of moral argument. Im doing low tier content with low tier DD, it's as legit as it can be.

That being said, someone made an argument that "it's faster to shout for 3 rema DD for N than 2 bad DD and 2 support because there are not enough support in job market"

This argument is totally legit too. If you DO find 3 rema DD faster than 2 supports, it makes 100% logical sense to make pt that way and still kill N just as fast.

My point is:
1) don't try to make it a standard and make claims that any DD isn't rema is getting a carry in N just because you are using 1 support setup.

It is not a carry if certain pt composition generates equal result.

2) (more importantly) don't try to sell it as a "pro" on forums without mentioning cons. Appearantly the supply and demand encourages pug to invite rema dd to N because it's faster to get 3 rema DD than 2 or even 1 supports, legitimately so. This cons isn't mentioned anywhere. People act as if big server is land of gold but in fact, there aren't enough opportunities for DD players. Every coin has 2 sides.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-06-01 13:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Locked by request.