Post deleted by Moderator.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-07-18 17:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The TP Bonus from jumps is better than the damage. Jumps already do a decent amount of damage and your WS does infinitely more.

Don't forget you get 8 STP from Vishap +3.

You don't need to own the mail to compare it, it's not that good and I'd suggest passing on it.

Only Pteroslaver pieces worth getting on the Hands +3, Legs +3, Head +3. Keep in mind, only use these pieces if you possess the +3 versions. The +1/+2 variants are bad... Only exception is may be Hands +2 if you don't have a good WSD piece for Camlann's/Geirskogul.

Edit: (Sorry for the necro, just noticed this never really got answered)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-19 09:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I would say upgrade the feet to +3 because of Steady Wing = Wyvern Survival = more DPS. Pet HP is the primary modifier for steady wing. The Regen is auxiliary and hardly necessary for maintaining your wyvern, unless you have a great pet regen/dt set (likely not). DRG feet shards are cheap, so they are somewhat useful improvement over the +1 with 60 more HP.
 Asura.Valguard
Server: Asura
user: himself87
By Asura.Valguard 2018-07-19 13:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 339436

I'm not touting this is best, its just where I've landed at the moment with playing with gear. I think this sits really well when using Ryunohige (due to maintaining the multi-attack) but falls (very slightly) behind other options for the other polearms. The way I look at it, is the higher the content and the lower your WS dmg is, the more I like this option as its guaranteed damage that a slight increase in TP may or may not make up for.

In all honesty though, I think once you reach a certain point in Store TP and getting enough TP in one jump to WS, you're talking very minor differences. Accuracy >>> Store TP (68 with /Sam) >>> Multi-Attack (hope it procs) >>> Damage
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-07-21 04:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the gold standard is pretty much Spicyryan's DRG guide when it comes to what's optimal. There isn't really anything he's overlooked and his findings are all based on spreadsheets, not theory.

Ptero +3's jump bonus falls decently behind the Vishap +3 in terms of DPS. Interms of Jumps, STP is king, not damage. Remember jumps are just a tool to help you WS faster or harder. Your Soul jump should be brining you to 3k TP 99% of the time.

There are a few pieces which shouldn't be in your jump set. Ptero +3 instead of Vishap +3, no Vishap +3 gloves, Windbuffet belt instead of Ioheska +1, Valorous greaves instead of Flamma +2 or Ostro (Ostro beats out Flamma +2 because of the STP+). On most fights you should be using Petrov instead of Flamma ring.

It's weird that you have all this omen gear, Ptero +3, but no Vishap +3. I've run DRG on every boss in Omen except Kei so getting cards shouldn't be a problem. Our native high -DT options and excellent hate management make us extremely good in Omen.
[+]
 Asura.Valguard
By Asura.Valguard 2018-07-21 09:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes and I agree. Rarely am I in a zerg situation (on my drg) where I'm trying to eek out that tiniest bit of damage you would get from ever so slightly more TP. I would say its much more often on Omen content that I'm SCing with the RUN. I was simply saying this is what I've been toying around with. In Delve or other irrelevant content for absolutely maxing damage, I just find myself enjoying one shotting the mobs with a jump. The quadshots + Additional effects are simply fun. Maybe I'll make a toggle for my jumps for easier switching between "optimal" and "wreck the trash."
 Asura.Valguard
By Asura.Valguard 2018-07-24 14:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy said:
Ptero +3 was always great for uncapped attack Stardivers if you don't own Dagon, and as such always a place. Even then, it is really close to Dagon.

As for Ptero Body +3 for jumps see this