First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-05-01 21:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not relevant here, but it is interesting to note that under rare conditions in vanilla ffxi, the Resist! message will appear randomly because (I think) SE fails to zero the buffer when making the action packet.

It will be like:
Resist! Centurion XII starts casting Stonega II.

The flag is just erroneously set sometimes (very very rarely), but I don't think it happens on messages that can actually proc a resist.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-05-02 00:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Went to try some non nm 100+ stuff on flytraps and sleep. It was mediocre. Got about 19 an hour (though a ton of the other moves) probably would've gone better once my Adapa shield had gotten them down a bit lol. Anyways Udug jacket, Aciyam belt, and staunch talthum for +110

Super small sample size for exact answers but:

19 uses
16 Resist!
2 sleep
1 no effect

So either some of the gear is *** a bit or there is a cap of some kind. Or maybe something super weird like dlvl matters idk
By Nariont 2018-05-02 06:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

this is probably the best place to ask, were bar-statuses ever really tested to ballpark how much they added?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-02 09:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
this is probably the best place to ask, were bar-statuses ever really tested to ballpark how much they added?
Were those resist! or normal resist? I thought they just added magic evasion to the status, but if they're Resist! they could be tested quite easily in dynamis.

Sorry for the lack of additional data last couple days, been busy outside the game. I currently only have Dagon Breastplate as far as omen bodies, so I can't easily make a 100% set for anything that can be tested in dynamis. I'm thinking maybe training crawlers in abyssea to get some slow results, but if it's as slow moving as clearlyamule's flytraps I might be better off trying to sucker someone with Ashera/Shamash into coming to dynamis with me.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-02 09:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm near certain bar-status spells don't proc Resist! messages. So they'd be status specific meva. Which is a whole lot harder to test, since you'd need to get a control sample of your resist rate first, and make sure it wasn't capped or floored, then test with the bar spell.

And you'd potentially run into a few of the same issues I did when trying to test foil. I.E. going from x% rate, to capped, then having to adjust my base eva downwards to be able to see the full impact of the spell.

Also, I'm pretty sure that bar-statuses have never even been sorta tested. /interested
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-05-02 10:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If they were meva based their might be another way but would need to do a bit of reading up and testing first to see if it works and that reminds me I need to do that lol
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-02 19:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got done with a several hour stint with Carmine Dobsonflies, testing Resist All equipment.

Resist All +31 (Volte Cap, Ambu cape, Staunch Tathlum +1)
Resist Slow +0

1059 Slowgas (discounting No Effect ones)

159 Resist! (15.01%)
783 resists (73.84%)
109 lands (10.29%)

Also of interest is that they used Debilitating Drone (random attributes down) 43 times, and it didn't resist a single time.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-02 19:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I don't think attribute / status down use's Resist-X stuff, same for Dispel and an Absorb-Attri. Looks like the Resist-X being halved on NM's is holding to be true, kinda shitty though.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-02 19:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but of note is that it didn't resist normally a single time either, despite me being almost 80 effective levels above them.

Attribute down might be unresistable period (other than maybe using stuff like Asylum, Fealty, and Perfect Defense).
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-02 19:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm might be ability specific like the other annoying moves cause on RUN I can resist some status downs, while others are 100% guaranteed. Stuff like Psyche Suction and so forth. Hmm might go check some orcs with Battle Dance, it's dex down but can be done by a regular mob and isn't a crazy "*** you" attack.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-02 20:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No resist as in just no message or like all of them were same potency?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-02 21:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There were no resist messages in the logs, and while I only personally saw a few of them (since I wask afk the majority of the time), all of the ones I did see had the same duration.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-02 22:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah so I guess you didn't check how much stat down you got?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-05-04 11:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This won't set anything in stone but my plan was to see if we got any weird overall value that might show some of these are not affected by NMs.

99 BRD

Job Trait: 30%
Staunch Tathlum: Resistance to all status ailments +10
Shrieker's Cuffs: "Resistance Silence" +25
JSE Back (Augged): Occasionally increases resistance to status ailments +10
Hearty Earing: Increase resistance to all status ailments +5 (Our Dynamis testing shows 5% and the Premier Guide 2013 list it as 5% too.)
Elegant Ribbon: Increase resistance to all status ailments +5? (The premier guide list this as 5% too.)

If we take these at face value and believe the Premier Guide on Elegant Ribbon then the total would be: 85% (Current NM theory 42.5%)

Gargoyles NM:
(Resisted!): 1187
Regular Resist: 1366
Landed: 220

Total Samples: 2773
Percentage: 42.805626%

Now my original testing of only Hearty did come out at 4.2%~ on the NMs but as lolwutt stated with an expected value so low it really would require way more then even the 2k samples I originally collected.

I'm going to switch to dob flys since it's being listed as ga spell so I could have a few characters testing at one time different stuff.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-04 12:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Been trying to get a Tenacity test in for the past few days, but Carmine Dobsonflies have all been dead since my last test. Blah.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-04 13:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That data is strongly in support of traits also being halved. I think I'll need to test just food on dobsonflies in isolation to make sure it really isn't. Shame they're dead on Asura, probably some salty *** saw the thread and wanted to spoil our fun. They've been up every time I checked on Leviathan.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-05-04 14:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Been trying to get a Tenacity test in for the past few days, but Carmine Dobsonflies have all been dead since my last test. Blah.
gdi i figured they we good to go since you did test on them ; ;
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-05-05 01:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok since Geriod said Flys were down and I hadn't warped alt yet.

99BRD
Job Trait: 30%
No Gear

Gargoyles NM:
(Resisted!): 168
Regular Resist: 737
Landed: 144

Total Samples: 1049
Percentage: 16.015253
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-16 14:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

what is a good mob/NM to test resitance to Paralyze?

How about one for Petrify?
By clearlyamule 2018-07-16 17:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like you already found one for petrify. I'd consider Megantereon for para though not sure if it will just say miss or not not sure anything spams the spell though other than dynamis slime pet
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2018-07-16 18:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Numbing Blossoms in Yorcia Weald for paralyze maybe? There's a field around I-8 (Rune Fencer ergon weapon location, should be close-ish to Bivouac 1) that has a large amount of the flowers if I remember correctly.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [656 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Dekar
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-05-02 16:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided to do a little testing with resist traits. I followed a similar strategy as OP, I used Gargoyle-Lambda and Gargoyle-Mu. I was a WHM/SCH and managed to get Resist Silence +170. There certainly needs to be a much larger sample size but I figured I would post whatever I found.

ItemSet 372710

Ammo: 11%
Ear1: 4% (15% possible)
Ear2: 15%
Hands: 25%
Body: 90%
Back: 10%
/SCH: 15%

This is the little data I was able to gather in one round of testing before the monsters ran out of MP.

NM Testing Resist Silence +170
Resist!: 80
Magic Evasion: 10
Total: 90
Resist! Percentage: 88.9%

I am also going to post some older testing I did on the crows in Dynamis - Beaucedine. This is with Resist Silence +105.

Non-NM Testing Resist Silence +105
Resist!: 100
Magic Evasion: 12
Total: 112
Resist! Percentage: 89.3%

I found other older tests I did in Dynamis - Beaucedine with Resist Silence +141. It had a substantially smaller sample size but it does show that the cap for resist traits on normal monsters floats around ~90%. Adding food with resist silence does not break this cap. Crows were still able to silence me while using Acorn Cookies (Resist Silence +10). I did not bother gathering data while using food since I just wanted it as a proof of concept.

Non-NM Testing Resist Silence +141
Resist!: 36
Magic Evasion: 3
Total: 39
Resist! Percentage: 92.3%
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [465 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-08-10 12:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm copying this from the BRD forums:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35597/you-spoony-guide-a-troubadours-libretto/58/#3589349

I was browsing around on a Japanese Wiki for FFXI and noticed something interesting about Resist! traits. While it's a rough Google translation, it seems like the resistance songs (Operetta, Pastoral, Aubade, Gavotte, Capriccio, Fantasia, and Round) are similar to job traits, not magic evasion. I did some extremely rough testing in Dynamis Beaucedine on Yagudo crows and Silencega:

Scop's Operetta (Lv.19) w/ Song +7 cast on SMN87/WHM43
Resist!: 51
Landed: 35
Total: 86
Resist! Percentage: 59.3

Puppet's Operetta (Lv.69) w/ Song +7 cast on SMN87/WHM43
Resist!: 63
Landed: 29
Total: 92
Resist! Percentage: 68.5

I know that magic evasion is usually better than resist traits, but this is still interesting. Also, the crow checked Easy Prey to the SMN. I did not see a single resist through magic evasion; the spell either landed or was a straight resist.

JP website:
https://wiki-ffo-jp.translate.goog/html/795.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=ajax,elem&_x_tr_sch=http
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-10 14:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's interesting. Nice find!

Now how did I miss your previous post Dekar? Had assumed the "Resist!" cap would be 90% based mainly off Omen Bodies and the Onca a suit, but I'm glad you actually checked for it and confirmed it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-08-10 15:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming the potency is doubled for Soul Voice, this could be an interesting tactic for fights that you're forced to stay close but run the risk of getting silenced (ex: Gigas Ambuscade). Giving ~140 Resist Silence from a single song is pretty powerful. That would mean BRD only needs another 10 Resist Silence/status ailments to cap on NMs. Other party members would need 40 which is pretty easily with the ample amount of gear out these days.

I'm also going to assume, based off extremely limited testing, that the other songs mirror Scop's Operetta as there is only a single tier of each. That means SV grants us access to:

~120 Resist Poison
~120 Resist Bind
~120 Resist Sleep
~120 Resist Blind
~120 Resist Petrify (and by extension Terror and Stun)
~120 Resist Curse (and by extension Bane and Doom--NOT DEATH)

Those numbers are nothing to sneeze at. You would only need another 60 of each of those to hit the cap (90%) on NMs.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-08-10 15:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Is resist petrify confirmed to be also resist terror/stun? I've only heard theory but not definitely proof on it
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-08-10 15:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
Is resist petrify confirmed to be also resist terror/stun? I've only heard theory but not definitely proof on it
I've heard the idea bandied around, but never seen any actual data on it either.
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2021-08-10 15:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shinryu fight might be a decent place to test as he stuns and does terror
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-10 16:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There's only one piece of "Resist Terror" gear in the game and not all forms of Terror can be resisted (eg. Absolute Terror).

On top of that, Terror & Petrify supercede Stun, but have equal priority so can't overwrite each other. It's a mess to try and test honestly...
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-08-10 16:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

There's actually three pieces of Resist Terror; Talekeeper, Sagasinger, and Founder's Greaves.

Resist Terror gear works on Absolute Terror; it's only unresistable by MEVA, not Resist.

Resist Petrify does not work on Terror. I don't know if it works on Stun, but it'd be easy to test on Colibris.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7